PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offered Mankins Top 3 Guard Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The next domino to fall in the Mankins saga

Hmmm....yes yes .... Everything the pats do is right and everything to do with mankins is wrong. Maybe mankins is firing the pats

This was incredibly articulate and well stated. Do you have more wisdom to drop on us?

Hmmm....yes yes .... Everything the pats do is right and everything to do with mankins is wrong. Maybe mankins is firing the pats

Well, unfortunately, there's this little matter of the CBA to deal with. . . .

So we have a bunch of fundamentalist pats fans who are joining the anti-mankins jihad .

Riddle me this, bat boys......if the pats don't talk, then how did anyone find out about what he was offered? So they tell some message boy to blab some stupidity where some writer with inside info hears it, and you followers consume it like it came from the fountain of truth.

I actually think this article indicates they are closer than ever to getting Mankins here.
There is absolutely no reason for the agent to whine about the team not contacting him, and to say 'people usually get these things done' unless he is softening and wants a way back to the table.
It seems to me they felt the Pats would buckle, and they havent and now the agent is crying to the media. Why do that?
This seems like a very common first step in a player softening his stance and trying to open the lines of communication.
If he wasn't open to going back to the table he would have said they burned their bridge, he would have discussed how he is demanding a trade. Didnt do that.
Could be wrong, but that article screamed to me as an agent whos plan is failing to get the response he was angling for.

I'll cross my fingers for that, but I still detected a sense of acrimony from the article.

Well, unfortunately, there's this little matter of the CBA to deal with. . . .

Yes there is, and there's nothing in it that says he has to play. The further this goes on, the more it hurts the pats until the pats wind up getting a 6th rounder for him

This was incredibly articulate and well stated. Do you have more wisdom to drop on us?

Nothing that could help you

So we have a bunch of fundamentalist pats fans who are joining the anti-mankins jihad .

Riddle me this, bat boys......if the pats don't talk, then how did anyone find out about what he was offered? So they tell some message boy to blab some stupidity where some writer with inside info hears it, and you followers consume it like it came from the fountain of truth.
Are you stupid or just ignorant? The general theme I am reading is that Mankins is receiving very poor advice from a manager who doesn't have a grasp on conducting business well.

Mankins has made some pretty silly comments and accusations towards the Kraft family who happen to own the Patriots not vice versa.

If the Patriots offered Mankins top 3 guard pay and he turned it down, he can go pound sand. Because he's certainly not a top 3 guard.

Do we really need two threads about the exact same quotes??

Nothing that could help you

Yes, please elucidate on how Mankins is "firing the Pats," oh miniature Buddah covered in hair.

Are you stupid or just ignorant? The general theme I am reading is that Mankins is receiving very poor advice from a manager who doesn't have a grasp on conducting business well.

Mankins has made some pretty silly comments and accusations towards the Kraft family who happen to own the Patriots not vice versa.

You might be right. But what if mankins is telling the truth? I am sure you would come up with some line about how the pats were right anyway because HD was simply asking for too much money

it is a Patriots message board afterall, not a Mankins one. Fans want him on the team and a decent deal was offered and Mankins wants fmv. Nothing out of the ordinary.

it is a Patriots message board afterall, not a Mankins one. Fans want him on the team and a decent deal was offered and Mankins wants fmv. Nothing out of the ordinary.

How do you know what he was offered ? Based on how the pats do business, nobody is supposed to know. That is unless they intentionally leak crap out to succeed in a smear campaign.

But that's not possible because the pats are honest, right?

If the Patriots offered Mankins top 3 guard pay and he turned it down, he can go pound sand. Because he's certainly not a top 3 guard.

1.) They didn't offer top 3 guard pay, if you believe Reiss, because they played games with the RFA year.

2.) Mankins is a top guard. Where you put him in that top is a matter of personal taste. However, he's been an all rookie selection, a Pro Bowler twice and an All Pro (2nd team) once. It's not all that easy finding better guards than Mankins, even though I've got a person preference for Neal, due to his superior pulling ability.

Last edited:
You might be right. But what if mankins is telling the truth? I am sure you would come up with some line about how the pats were right anyway because HD was simply asking for too much money
Mankins made the comment that the Patriots would address the contract, not that they specified a particular dollar amount. Mankins has made this publicly known. Whether or not Mankins and the Patriots do not agree on the length and size of the contract is a different matter all together. The Patriots have remained true to their word (as Mankins mentioned) and he is having a hissy fit about the contract itself.

Bauer is ******* Mankins three ways sideways like Wakefield manages to **** the Red Sox every game he pitches.

Yes, please elucidate on how Mankins is "firing the Pats," oh miniature Buddah covered in hair.

After you insist how mankins got a fair deal offered to him

Mankins made the comment that the Patriots would address the contract, not that they specified a particular dollar amount. Mankins has made this publicly known. Whether or not Mankins and the Patriots do not agree on the length and size of the contract is a different matter all together. The Patriots have remained true to their word (as Mankins mentioned) and he is having a hissy fit about the contract itself.

Bauer is ******* Mankins three ways sideways like Wakefield manages to **** the Red Sox every game he pitches.

If, as Reiss says, the Patriots did not eliminate the RFA year, then Mankins is correct about his claim, the Patriots did not actually address the contract in the uncapped year (instead dealing with it only in the out years), and a lot of people on this board owe the man a "my bad".

If, as Reiss says, the Patriots did not eliminate the RFA year, then Mankins is correct about his claim, the Patriots did not actually address the contract in the uncapped year (instead dealing with it only in the out years), and a lot of people on this board owe the man a "my bad".
That's all well and good Deus Irae and we've argued this point in other Logan Mankins threads. The fundamental which you fail to appreciate every single time this is brought about is that Mankins under direction if his ******** agent Frank Bauer has contradicted himself when it comes to addressing the Patriots and the contract himself.

Bauer has repeatedly stated that there's no contract tabled yet provides ball park figures for the numbers of the tabled contract. The reality is they are bickering over the size of the contract, not that one hasn't been put forward to Mankins and that dimwit Bauer.

I'd have no issue with the business conduct of either if it simply came down to a disagreement over numbers not the public tact in which Mankins and his agent have taken.

Last edited:
How do you know what he was offered ? Based on how the pats do business, nobody is supposed to know. That is unless they intentionally leak crap out to succeed in a smear campaign.

But that's not possible because the pats are honest, right?

While there can be no certainties, i think it's safe to assume they offered a contract that was a notch below fmv. That's what they tend to do. From what we've seen in past contracts, their offers are by no means unfair, but they rarely break the bank. So I think it's safe to assume that the deal was by no means egregious. Do we know that for sure? No, but we've followed this team long enough to surmise what's going on. So I disagree with your conclusion that we are completely in the dark when it is in fact business as usual when it comes to these contracts.

1.) They didn't offer top 3 guard pay, if you believe Reiss, because they played games with the RFA year.

Indeed. That's why qualified my statement. Obviously if they didn't offer him top 3 money, it would change the parameters of my argument.

2.) Mankins is a top guard. Where you put him in that top is a matter of personal taste. However, he's been an all rookie selection, a Pro Bowler twice and an All Pro (2nd team) once. It's not all that easy finding better guards than Mankins, even though I've got a person preference for Neal, due to his superior pulling ability.

I like Mankins. A lot. But he does have a propensity for breakdowns in pass protection. Which is the sole reason why I keep him off the list of the elite. He's a terrific player, regardless, and I'd like to see him on the team. But for him to scoff at an offer that pays him well but slightly less than Jahri Evans is ludicrous. Granted, it seems we haven't a consensus on what the Patriots offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye