PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offensive game plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmarkd400x

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
How will the Patriots high flying record setting passing attack fare against the hard nosed secondary of the Redskins? The Pats O could be facing the toughest passing D of the season! Randy Moss will get hit so hard he'll have to change his underwear at half time.

The Patriots will do what they always do: they will morph their gameplan to take advantage of the Redskins weaknesses. What will this be? I don't know for sure, but I'd bet on a strong dose of plays designed to stall the pursuit of the D-line. Screen plays, short passes to the wideout, running plays. In this scenario the Redskins have 2 options. Bring up the saftey, or leave him back. If they bring up the saftey, guess what? Randy Moss gets touchdowns. If they dont, guess what? They will keep plugging away with short passes, runs, and screens.

I think this week somewhat of a high school offense will be employed. Run it early and often, and use the deep ball to hurt them once they start cheating towards the run.

No doubt the Redskins are focusing their game plan on stopping the Patriots aerial attack. The league (ok, the reporters) seem to think the Patriots lack a running game. We will find out this week.

Basically they're going to take what they want when they want. :D

that...and i think stallworth is gonna have an amazing day...

hell bew thrown to short...and he will break tackles to make it long...cant wait

i agree that we will employ the short pass running game.
Also think we will run out of the spead and pass in typical running situations.

On the other hand, mcdaniels might just say "okay, no tricks, stop us if you can"

what im hoping for is running the ball and then throwing screens, short passes, no huddle

just drive down the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back