PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Offense - A plethora of riches??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If directly debunking an inaccurate statement makes one look like a child, then I guess I'll just look like a child. You explicitly stated that if BJGE gets the ball X number of times the Pats will win. This betrays a clear lack of understanding of the blurry cause and effect relationship between running attempts and winning.

Your premise is wrong, no matter how many words you throw at it. When a defense is shutting down the run because of poor offensive line play, the effect of deception diminishes greatly. Your premise might* apply if the Pats had a lesser QB, but not always and certainly not in the Pat's case. When your OL has no answer to the opposing team's DL, running the ball with a below average back makes a team much less likely to win than putting the ball in Brady's hands.

Fact: The Patriots OL was hobbled in each Superbowl loss.
Fact: Every QB has worse stats against good defenses.
Fact: Patriots are 11-6 when Brady throws 50+ times in a game.
Fact: The next best in the league is 4-12.
Fact: BJGE averaged 4.2 ypc on a prolific offense with an excellent OL.
Fact: BJGE averaged 3.7 ypc with the Bengals.
Fact: In both Superbowl losses, when Brady got the ball with 2+ minutes to go, he drove the team to a go-ahead score.

Your attempt at not being rude was unsuccessful.

so why did bjge rush for 8 carries and 50 yards vs balt in the 2011 title game only to be benched so brady could be horrendous, almost like he was being paid off to throw throw game?

can you explain that?

This alleged plethora of riches will do Brady no good whatsoever when he's constantly on his ass because
in front of him is the Worst Feckin OL in Football, and behind him is the Worst RBs in Football, and on the sideline is the Most Overrated OC in Football, and upstairs is the Most Overrated GM in Football.

Rough night? o_O

This alleged plethora of riches will do Brady no good whatsoever when he's constantly on his ass because
in front of him is the Worst Feckin OL in Football, and behind him is the Worst RBs in Football, and on the sideline is the Most Overrated OC in Football, and upstairs is the Most Overrated GM in Football.

so why did bjge rush for 8 carries and 50 yards vs balt in the 2011 title game only to be benched so brady could be horrendous, almost like he was being paid off to throw throw game?

can you explain that?
You mean the game where Brady had an injured shoulder, the Pats ran 31 times for 96 yards and the Patriots won? The only thing here that needs explaining is the statement that it looks like Brady was being paid to throw the game.

Don't take it personally when the Pats act differently than you want them to. There is a ton of information (injury etc.) that we don't have access to. Your means isn't necessarily the best or only way to achieve a goal.

Last edited:

another myth. how can the worst ol go 10-0 and be defending sb champs at the same time?

people were raving about andrews, jackson and mason through early november. once the injuries piled up, it wad all she wrote. 21 players on ir to lead the nfl.

was our ol bad in sb 42 too or was it the predictable ego-riddden shotgun spread addiction where brady feels he needs to put on an aerial show on national tv?

yikes. truth hurts, huh?

Unfortunately there is no emoji for "moron."

Yes; but his postseason td/int ratio has skyrocketed since 2007 since he got toys to play with so to speak. It is just a fact.

He is the best qb ever, but he is not without flaws.

His recent afc title games against good Ds, have been poor.

Agree that he is the best ever. I just think he is better with a run game, which is something he has rejected to want to have since 2007 with moss and welker in tow.

He needs to get back under center
more and get to playaction.

It is also a team sport so he has had help from the defense when he has played poorly.

2007 and 2011 title games come to mind immediately

I would say at least half of the picks from the 2014 RS AND PS were a result of trying to throw to gronk in double coverage

You mean the game where Brady had an injured shoulder, the Pats ran 31 times for 96 yards and the Patriots won? The only thing here that needs explaining is the statement that it looks like Brady was being paid to throw the game.

Don't take it personally when the Pats act differently than you want them to. There is a ton of information (injury etc.) that we don't have access to. Your means isn't necessarily the best or only way to achieve a goal.

brady was absolutely horrendous that day.

thanks to sterling moore and billy cundiff, the pats went to sb 46.

do not get me started on his 3 int horrendous 2007 title game.

qb league, offensive era. he simply must be better.

wow. moron alert or a jealous fan of an afc team, posing as a pats fan.

you board vets should alert ian to this guy.

wow. moron alert or a jealous fan of an afc team, posing as a pats fan.

you board vets should alert ian to this guy.

Lol. That's just the Captain. The correct response is just to laugh at the overstatement, and glean whatever truth may be contained. He has some pretty good points at times -- he's just a bit of a downer. ;)

Lol. That's just the Captain. The correct response is just to laugh at the overstatement, and glean whatever truth may be contained. He has some pretty good points at times -- he's just a bit of a downer. ;)

Captain and Gronk123 are negative but good dudes. Mgtiech is a great poster but another glass 1/2 empty fellow.

Is this serious or a generic 98.5 take?

Captain and Gronk123 are negative but good dudes. Mgtiech is a great poster but another glass 1/2 empty fellow.

I rarely disagree with you, but I wouldn't place mgteich in that category, myself. To me, he simply comes off as a seasoned vet who has been around the block enough times to be somewhat cautious and realistic. As a matter of fact, he's all gung ho lately because some oddsmaker set the Pats odds at 8-1 or whatever, so there's certainly an optimistic side of him, as well.

For some ("we're going to sign all of our important 4 free agents"), it's almost as if they've never followed the obvious patterns set forth by Bill Belichick, or just started watching this team a year or two ago.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Keshawn Martin or even Chris Harper or DeAndre Carter came to play a decent-sized role.

I know where you're going with this thought, but it would surprise the hell out of me to be honest.

Receiving options (rough order):

Edelman
Gronk
Bennett
Amendola
Lewis
Hogan
Washington
Mitchell (rookie)
Martin/Dobson/Harper/Carter/Lucien/none of the above

For any of the WR5 guys to make an impact, we'd probably have to have some significant missed time from the options in front of him. I think it would be difficult to find a "decent-sized role" in this particular scenario.

I rarely disagree with you, but I wouldn't place mgteich in that category, myself. To me, he simply comes off as a seasoned vet who has been around the block enough times to be somewhat cautious and realistic. As a matter of fact, he's all gung ho lately because some oddsmaker set the Pats odds at 8-1 or whatever, so there's certainly an optimistic side of him, as well.

For some ("we're going to sign all of our important 4 free agents"), it's almost as if they've never followed the obvious patterns set forth by Bill Belichick, or just started watching this team a year or two ago.
Ok hadn't paid close enough attention to mgteichs stuff lately I guess....

So, back to the plethora of riches theme (with an apology to anyone for whom some sunshine and optimism is painful).

What does the O look like if the Edelman bone graft takes a couple of months out of his season?

I really dont care if they sign all 4 guys, I know he will do the best he can... I Just think they can sign all of them, they have the cap to do so. The BB ( ´´obvious pattern``) move was trade Chandler Jones this year...

So, back to the plethora of riches theme (with an apology to anyone for whom some sunshine and optimism is painful).

What does the O look like if the Edelman bone graft takes a couple of months out of his season?

They need to be healthy in January ... If they are i dont care where they play, they are a superior team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes