PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Offense - A plethora of riches??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Patriots passing game is going to be something special to watch this year, imho. On one hand, you have TEs Gronkowski and Bennett. On the other hand, you are at least 3 deep in quality WRs in Edelman, Amendola and Hogan. And if one or more of Washington, Mitchell, Lucien pan out, you'll have a corps that is 4-5 deep.. Something that is unheard of..

This will truly allow the Patriots to be so flexible on offense that on one play a 2 TE set that features Gronk and Bennett or that features Edelman and whomever else is on the field. Or they could use it to run.

I haven't been this excited about the potential of this offense since the Pats "traded"/signed Welker and then traded for Randy Moss.

I truly hope people don't say "Brady has no weapons" since even likely 3rd string TE Clay Harbor and FA signing Nate Washington can do damage to opposing teams..

Not to mention Dion Lewis and how electric he is, and my hopes for DJ Foster that he can be a similar type of player...

So true. I purposely left out the running game because that area is still so fluid. My gut tells me that Lewis is going to be PUPed to start the season and that the team will "rely" on Blount, Brown, White, Develin for the running game with Foster on the PS.

I'm not sure that Hogan is money in the bank. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Keshawn Martin or even Chris Harper or DeAndre Carter came to play a decent-sized role.

Agree with first two. The potential 4 game suspension is a true downer but other than Az, they're all at home against beatable teams. And as awful as the suspension would be, giving our 39 year old G.O.A.T. a few weeks off may pay off long term. Scar will figure out the C/G, as long as the Tackles stay healthy it's all good.

The Patriots passing game is going to be something special to watch this year, imho. On one hand, you have TEs Gronkowski and Bennett. On the other hand, you are at least 3 deep in quality WRs in Edelman, Amendola and Hogan. And if one or more of Washington, Mitchell, Lucien pan out, you'll have a corps that is 4-5 deep.. Something that is unheard of..

This will truly allow the Patriots to be so flexible on offense that on one play a 2 TE set that features Gronk and Bennett or that features Edelman and whomever else is on the field. Or they could use it to run.

I haven't been this excited about the potential of this offense since the Pats "traded"/signed Welker and then traded for Randy Moss.

I truly hope people don't say "Brady has no weapons" since even likely 3rd string TE Clay Harbor and FA signing Nate Washington can do damage to opposing teams..

I'm going to be the turd in the punchbowl here. All of this is for naught if the OL doesn't come back strong this year. They certainly put a lot of effort at fixing the interior and have made the best possible coaching upgrade, but that said, the proof is in the putting (pudding?).

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Keshawn Martin or even Chris Harper or DeAndre Carter came to play a decent-sized role.
If Martin is more than depth and the other two are more than PS, that would surprise, and concern, me greatly.

This is EXACTLY the kind of offense I have been dreaming of that fits Brady's skill set like a glove. There is no big tall fast athletic deep guy who can jump out of the building but they go 6 or 7 deep in guys that can get open. Yeah it's nice to have an AJ green but then the defense knows where the ball is going 50% of the time. This kind of offense is going to be very hard to stop cuz someone will always be open. Yeah it's probably gonna chunk 5-10 yards down the field most of the time but I would bet that most first downs record to be in serious jeapordy. Should be a lot of fun to watch

I'm going to be the turd in the punchbowl here. All of this is for naught if the OL doesn't come back strong this year. They certainly put a lot of effort at fixing the interior and have made the best possible coaching upgrade, but that said, the proof is in the putting (pudding?).
The OL was fine before the "get open quick" guys were hurt, especially before Solder was hurt. Those guys back, plus more, plus Scar, should be fine unless OT get hurt.

yes....a plethora of riches

but a paucity of roster spots

This is EXACTLY the kind of offense I have been dreaming of that fits Brady's skill set like a glove. There is no big tall fast athletic deep guy who can jump out of the building but they go 6 or 7 deep in guys that can get open. Yeah it's nice to have an AJ green but then the defense knows where the ball is going 50% of the time. This kind of offense is going to be very hard to stop cuz someone will always be open. Yeah it's probably gonna chunk 5-10 yards down the field most of the time but I would bet that most first downs record to be in serious jeapordy. Should be a lot of fun to watch

They may be better off without the dominant Randy Moss type of WR. IMO Brady developed bad habits trying to force the ball to Moss

He is much better when his favorite receiver is the one who is open

If the o line cannot protect Brady, this is meaningless. AFC championship game, remember?

If the o line cannot protect Brady, this is meaningless. AFC championship game, remember?
hqdefault.jpg

I'm not sure that Hogan is money in the bank. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Keshawn Martin or even Chris Harper or DeAndre Carter came to play a decent-sized role.

Somewhat tongue in cheek, but Hogan is the literal definition of money in the bank after the guarantees the Pats gave him this season. ;-)

The OL went to crap when Edelman was hurt, Lewis was out Solder was out, guards were banged up. Unless we have OT injuries and skill guys are limping downfield, or out, OL will be fine. We'll be defended differently with real WR again.

Our presumptive starting OL last year played exactly 0 snaps together, and almost all of the time was down 2+ men. Any position, even a position of strength, can quickly become a dumpster fire with those kinds of injuries.

A lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball!!!! Going to be an great battle in camp to see who wins the number 4 or even 5 wide out spot.

-Martin
-Mitchell
-Washington
-Harper
-Dobson
-Lucien

Should be real interesting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back