PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots no longer last ranked defense in NFL (Packers Are) (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsrock

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
They will amazingly not be the worst ranked defense by yards.

Green Bay 411.6 ypg
Pats 411.1 ypg

And on passing yards yep not last anymore

Green Bay 299.8 ypg (4796 total yards)
Pats 293.9 ypg (4703 total yards)

Re: Pats defense

Great thread!

The Packers' defense probably isn't worse than the Patriots', but it's not nearly as good as people here thing.

F*ck regular season stats now.

It's all about how the 46 active players for the NEP play in two weeks.

The Packers' defense probably isn't worse than the Patriots', but it's not nearly as good as people here thing.

How is it not worse?

Patriots no longer last ranked defense in NFL (Packers Are)

31. Patriots (411.1 YPG)
32. Packers (411.6 YPG)

Moved ahead of the Packers. :rocker:

Howzabout a Superbowl between the two teams ranked last in defense in their respective conferences? Not that today's rules favor the offense, no, not at all....

HOORAY, we're not the worst!

(we're second worst :rolleyes:)

How is it not worse?

They were just a hair better in both yards and points allowed prior to this meaningless game. I think they're closer to being tied than the Packers being better, but I think it's really hard to argue for the Patriots' defense being better.

Pats v. Pack SB would finally kill off the ******ed "Defense wins championships" mantra. One of my most hated cliches in all of sports.

Re: Patriots no longer last ranked defense in NFL (Packers Are)

how'd our offense compare to the Packers?

What are the mediots going to do without their endless talk how this was the worst defense in NFL history?

BTW, considering two teams are statistcally this bad on a historical perspective and three QBs have thrown for over 5,000 yards this year while only two others have thrown for over 5,000 in league history; don't we really have to discount these yardage stats when comparing them to history?

Woo Hoo! Now what are the talking heads going to say during the next 2 weeks? This has really screwed them.

Pats v. Pack SB would finally kill off the ******ed "Defense wins championships" mantra. One of my most hated cliches in all of sports.

And the funny thing is that that game might have total points under 25. sometimes when you expect a shoot out, you get a great defensive game.

Anyone that states that the Pats have a historically bad defense has no idea what they are talking about. They are not even that bad for 2011 let alone all time. Not sure how a defense that creates a ton of turnovers and is middle of the pack in points allowed can even be in the conversation. Just makes you realize the lack of depth the pundits have.

They were just a hair better in both yards and points allowed prior to this meaningless game. I think they're closer to being tied than the Packers being better, but I think it's really hard to argue for the Patriots' defense being better.

I'll agree with basically the same.

I think comparing the Pats and Packers defenses is accurate. Both are closer to middle of the pack than "bottom of the League" as all the talking heads will be spouting about the rest of the playoffs. When yardage is somehow selected as the barometer of rankings and the majority of analysts refuse to dig even an inch deeper into the truth we will have the pleasure of hearing this nonsense again and again.

I thought yards didn't mean anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots