PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots No. 1 team in Boston and New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, they did.

After winning the first of the three, RS fans around Boston went to cemeteries to place red sox hats on the tombstones of loved ones.

Yes, that is a fanbase that has jumped ship.

Yup. You'll find the vast majority of baseball's fanbase in cemetaries.

Who ****ing cares? Root for who you like. You board warrriors stroking each other please relax and let football discussion come back to PatsFans.

When you look at TV rating there is no doubt that the Patriots are the #1 team in all of NE. I really could care less if the baseball team is more popular inside the city limits of Boston, where most college kids are not from the area anyway. For them it's a cheap night out compared to getting Patriots tickets.

I think it's silly for anyone to argue the otherwise when the TV rating for a Patriot regular season game is higher than the baseball playoffs or World Series game.

The only thing that irritates me is when I on the Boston sports radio station, looking for Patriots news and discussion, and they spend hours on silly "hot stove" talk. Other than that, people can wear whatever team gear they want.For many it's just a fashion statement and it doesn't mean they are a real fan of any team.

Ok everyone here is a die hard. Nut I've enjoyed your posts lurking over the years. Thoughts on the O tomorrow? Everyone's talking D. Let's talk O .5 wide, I form, hurry up?

Yup. You'll find the vast majority of baseball's fanbase in cemetaries.

The same place that O'Neil, Curley are sleeping and soon to be Bulger.

Gone not like the Red Sox.

Who ****ing cares? Root for who you like. You board warrriors stroking each other please relax and let football discussion come back to PatsFans.

Ok everyone here is a die hard. Nut I've enjoyed your posts lurking over the years. Thoughts on the O tomorrow? Everyone's talking D. Let's talk O .5 wide, I form, hurry up?

There are other threads for that. Are you lost? Do you need a map?

Counterpoint: **** the Red Sox forever.

Good point. Not lost. I'll see myself out. Go Pats!

Yup, they did.

After winning the first of the three, RS fans around Boston went to cemeteries to place red sox hats on the tombstones of loved ones.

Yes, that is a fanbase that has jumped ship.

That was 10 years ago, when the media made up a ficticious "curse" to get people to watch baseball games.

See baseball, unlike football needs a story. Not to mention at that time, the Sox were in bed with the Globe/NESN/WEEI major players in the sports scene around here that FORCED Sox garbage on the region 24/7. Well since then, the "curse" has been broken, and all that you're left with is the game of baseball, which is quite frankly BORING.

If the Cubs ever win the WS, people in Chicago will be placing hats and t shirts on loved one cemeteries. It'll be a cool moment, but they will never, ever replace the Bears as the top team in the windy city. Boston is now at that point with the Pats, even with them playing 45 mins south in Foxboro.

Today, the Opening Day of the New England Patriots 2014 season, the Boston Globe Sports Section has published its pre eminent columnist emiritas writing about how he cannot wait for the 2015 Red Sox Opening Day to arrive as soon as possible.

You cannot make this stuff up. Here are the good parts as summary, so that you don't have to click the link:

Opening day 2015 can't come soon enough - The Boston Globe

"I wish Opening Day 2015 were today.
Yes, baseball.
Seriously.
This doesn’t mean I’m dissing the Patriots, Bruins, and Celtics........."

He then briefly mentions that the other locals teams are fascinating also, then spends the bulk of the piece ruminating about the incredible story of the Red Sox and how he is so focused on April 2015.

He ends the column with " I am fascinated by the cycle. I am curious. There are a million questions. They are the Boston Red Sox. There’s nobody like ’em."

I'm sure the editors at the Globe had to be embarrassed to cut out his original ending of "I know one of our teams has an Opening Day to their season today but......Red Sox Baseball! It's Soxtastic!"

I'd really like to know what truly motivates anyone to feel the need to denigrate any of our local teams vs.others.
For me, it is John Henry's smear campaigns. Not only does he wage them against the Patriots, but also against managers that are fired and players that are released. He's a ****ing back stabber and a scumbag.

People like John Henry are part of the problem, and so are those who support them.

sheep.jpg

OK, so John Henry is a less than admirable human being, and the Globe has become a megaphone for his personal agendas.

Owners come and go. Newspapers ebb and flow (and in the case of the Globe, ebb, because it is at best a struggling industry). They don't get to control my enjoyment of the baseball team I grew up loving. I'm not ceding them that much power.

Fnord's sig is accurate. The pink Sox have a serious inferiority complex.

Fnord's sig is accurate. The pink Sox have a serious inferiority complex.
Perhaps, but he usually has awesome sigs and avatars. I cringe seeing Yankees crap on this board, especially in the sig and avatar of such a good poster.

OK, so John Henry is a less than admirable human being, and the Globe has become a megaphone for his personal agendas.

Owners come and go. Newspapers ebb and flow (and in the case of the Globe, ebb, because it is at best a struggling industry). They don't get to control my enjoyment of the baseball team I grew up loving. I'm not ceding them that much power.
Supporting them is the only way to give them power...

Today, the Opening Day of the New England Patriots 2015 season, the Boston Globe Sports Section has published its pre eminent columnist emiritas writing about how he cannot wait for the 2015 Red Sox Opening Day to arrive as soon as possible.

You cannot make this stuff up. Here are the good parts as summary, so that you don't have to click the link:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...soon-enough/5zASoRqWcDymnhk7uxwCuM/story.html

"I wish Opening Day 2015 were today.
Yes, baseball.
Seriously.
This doesn’t mean I’m dissing the Patriots, Bruins, and Celtics........."

He then briefly mentions that the other locals teams are fascinating also, then spends the bulk of the piece ruminating about the incredible story of the Red Sox and how he is so focused on April 2015.

He ends the column with " I am fascinated by the cycle. I am curious. There are a million questions. They are the Boston Red Sox. There’s nobody like ’em."

I'm sure the editors at the Globe had to be embarrassed to cut out his original ending of "I know one of our teams has an Opening Day to their season today but......Red Sox Baseball! It's Soxtastic!"

That is sad. But I think this is as much on Bob Ryan as it is the Globe. The old guard of sports writers hate that the Patriots are now the kings of the Boston sports market. Guys like Ryan, Shaunnesey, and Buckley are getting marginalized while guys like Mike Reiss gets all the cushy Sunday night sport show gigs. These guys used to treat guys like Kevin Mannix and Ron Hobson as second class citizens because they got the cover "the other New England team".

This is a look at me article by Ryan. Ryan knows now that it is football season he has to take a back seat to a hack like Ben Volin who will get a page one, above the fold article every day of the week while Ryan will be relegated to bottom of the first page, once a week. The Patriots will be top of mind for the Boston sports fan for the next four months and Ryan only really is known for the Sox and Celtics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes