PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Need To Ramp Up The Pass Rush Against Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flacco didn't get touched all damn game.

Time to check out Andre Carter.

I've really been disappointed with the pressure in the last two games especially. Chandler Jones has been solid, but we need more than that. I don't think Ninkovich, Cunningham, and Scott are really cutting it for our PR.

I do like the Andre Carter idea. Get rid of Trevor Scott for Andre Carter.

We actually have a really good O Line. I might of just jinxed that but oh well. Don't worry though are corners suck worse then yours.

Patriots Need To Ramp Up The Pass Rush

Ummm, yeah going on 3 years now....any more "news" to report??

Steve Balestrieri AKA Cap'n Obvious

It would help if the official did not let the Buffalo O-line clothesline our DE like the did in Baltimore. Don't get me wrong, I think we could have blitzed more and gotten to Flacco with more pressure, but let's face it........... Chandler, Ninko and Cunningham didn't have much of a chance on Sunday, particularly in the 4th quarter.

Don't let this confuse anyone but thinking that we are a great pass-rushing team, I just don't know how much you can really focus on Sunday's game as part of the equation. In general, I see improvement in this department over the last few year. Then again, we've sucked so back the last few years, that may not be saying much.

My two cents is that the staff is worried about giving up big passing plays so they are using extra guys for pass protection. Well guess what? The are giving up long passing plays anyway. The QB has almost an infinitive amount of time to throw the ball so the Pats lousy secondary is getting torched anyway. Why not blitz?

I would absolutely love to see Andre Carter brought back and playing across from Chandler Jones. That would give us two DE's that we can put on the field at all times that can rush the passer and also stuff the run. It won't happen, though.

Time to check out Andre Carter.

Thought i read some posts that mentioned that he's still unsigned by any team because of concerns over his health.

I would absolutely love to see Andre Carter brought back and playing across from Chandler Jones. That would give us two DE's that we can put on the field at all times that can rush the passer and also stuff the run. It won't happen, though.

Note that nobody has signed Carter. In a league desperate for effective pass rushers that just might be indicative that he's still speed damaged from his horrific tearing of the largest muscle off the bone.

Were he healthy say 90% I'd agree we should Get Carter!

Ummm, yeah going on 3 years now....any more "news" to report??

Steve Balestrieri AKA Cap'n Obvious

He's not reporting it as "news" - it's actually a pretty good read if you take the time to check it out.

why not have Cunningham or give Jake Bequette a shot at playing opposite of Chandler, can't do any worse than Stinkovich.

why not have Cunningham or give Jake Bequette a shot at playing opposite of Chandler, can't do any worse than Stinkovich.

Hard to rush the QB when the OL is wrapping an arm about your throat and going unflagged.

I agree with Deus and Kontra, I'm all for signing Carter *now* even if he will never be more than 75%.

75% of Carter is still worthy of a spot imo.

The problem with not having a pass rush is Matt Patricia.

Weren't the reports Carter has no explosion on his first step anymore and that's why the Raiders didn't sign him?

Last edited:
Carter just signed with Oakland...if the regular refs are back, the Pats will get plenty of real pressure and sacks....they had sacks last game...negated by phantom 5 yard holdng calls that didn't exist....our DLmen all called out the atrocious holding done by the Ravens O line in tweets post game...who were tackling our players in full view of all the "refs"....give this "bad!!!!Line bad!!!!Everything bad!!!!" a rest will you please?????????????? You have NOT seen a real NFL game yet this season...

Last edited:
Andre Carter isn't walking through the door.

In house we can do a number of things to provide more pass rush.

1. Move Chandler Jones around more. Use him at LE and DT to exploit match ups.
2. Use Hightower at LOLB/LE in the nickel and dime packages. He is more explosive then Ninkovich. Also keeps Spikes, Mayo, and Hightower on the field in sub packages.
3. Give Mayo, Hightower, and Spikes more opportunity to rush from the LB position. Especially Mayo.
4. More Cunningham...
5. Work Bequette into the rotation.
6. Bring back the chaos.

Ninkovich is not a stinkovich. He is a very good LB, but not a great DE. He should be used as a sub pass rusher and are 4th LB. Not are starting LE.

Work in overload & zone blitzes, like have Ninkovich stood up and rush from the same side as Jones, that will free up at least one of them, have Cunningham & Bequette in at DT on obvious passing downs, just get creative...stunts and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back