PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots must trade for a WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
BB has acquired extra draft picks this summer for 2007 and they have a great opportunity to try and pry a quality wideout prior to opening day. It will also send a message to "Leon" that they are ready to move on without him. Time to forget about #83 and find a replacement asap.

Jacky Roberts said:
BB has acquired extra draft picks this summer for 2007 and they have a great opportunity to try and pry a quality wideout prior to opening day. It will also send a message to "Leon" that they are ready to move on without him. Time to forget about #83 and find a replacement asap.

We already have an extra WR we haven't used yet. His name is Chad Jackson.

I would have traded Branch for Coles.

Brownfan80 said:

Someone besides Jackson. Ideally, Jackson would be ready to go on day 1, catch 3 TD's and this Branch stuff will be forgotten. BB needs to show Branch he's willing to let him rot while watching NE not miss a beat offensively.

Since it's beginning to look like Branch's career in NE is over, I'm with you on this. That said, I just have a feeling BB will try to gut it out with Caldwell and Brown. We might try to bring in a JAG who got cut but as far as making a meaningful trade for someone who can make a difference, I don't see it happening.

SoonerPatriot said:
Since it's beginning to look like Branch's career in NE is over, I'm with you on this. That said, I just have a feeling BB will try to gut it out with Caldwell and Brown. We might try to bring in a JAG who got cut but as far as making a meaningful trade for someone who can make a difference, I don't see it happening.

I don't see why not considering all their cap room and draft picks.

Brownfan80 said:

The only problem is who knows where Jackson is on his recovery. A week? A month? Two months? IR?

Nothing would surprise me.

Clearly he was hurt far more seriously than anyone thought.

SoonerPatriot said:

Eric Moulds in Houston? Darrell Jackson in Seattle? I think they have the leveredge to make a big deal. Houston would move Moulds for picks, I'm almost sure of it.

zippo59 said:
I don't see why not considering all their cap room and draft picks.

There's been speculation if Branch isn't in the fold they may use 6 million or so of the remaining cap room to payoff a portion of Seymour's contract.

Despite his issues, with all these #7s we're getting I'd drop one on Detroit for Charles Rogers who looks like he'll be released.

I have to admit that the words "must trade" kind of bug me. Sorry about that.

How many times do we have to see that Belichick simply doesn't see any "must" in almost any position in order to stop being so rock-solid certain that he "must" do something ?? Just asking.

In retrospect, good call Jacky. RE: Doug Gabriel.

Last edited:
Jackie Roberts strikes gold with his assessment.

BB plays a trump card. Branch loses massive leverage.

Great CALL!!!

Gabriel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rogers

We just got Gabriel, why do we need to trade for another WR ? ;)

BelichickFan said:
We just got Gabriel, why do we need to trade for another WR ? ;)

Haha. Jacky, a man of vision.

What's the difference between Branch living up to his contract and Jacky Roberts living up to his verbal contract?

Answer:Nothing:eek:

Miguel said:
Great CALL!!!

Hardly prophetic considering they had acquired a handful of extra picks and had a glaring need at WR. Glad to have Gabriel.

PATSNUTme said:
What's the difference between Branch living up to his contract and Jacky Roberts living up to his verbal contract?

Answer:Nothing:eek:

Ha, I forgot all about it. I'll get something up there probably in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back