PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Must Protect Brady This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolutely crucial, equally crucial is getting after Manning. If we don't pressure him he's going to pick apart this secondary.

For sure, but I think this will happen. I'm very encouraged by the play up front in the playoffs. I think B-more has a better line than the Giants, and we were able to get to Flacco and/or move him off his spot many times in the AFCCG. He was never comfortable earlier in the game. BB blitzed, stunted, and Wilfork would not be denied. I absolutely love the combination of Wilfork and Love on the inside with Anderson and Ninko on the edges. I'm going to call it now . . . Mark Anderson will wreak havoc on Eli.

The last time we played them we had Kaczur and O'Callaghan at RT and neither was athletic enough to slide inside to help block the push ... IMO this will not happen this time - not even close.

Kaczur and O'Callaghan ... come on man ... not even a comparison to now.
kaczur sucked on his best day and O'Callghan ... fahgetaboutit.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to the offensive line playing with real aggressiveness, taking it to the Giants defense. We have running backs now that won't be taken down by arm tackles.

Brady will be sacked twice but pressured far less often.

I expect the left side of the line to play memorably. I think our mauler, Mankins, will have a better day than their counterpart, Snee.

I like our offensive line coach.

At game's end, give him the ball.

I can see us opening the game with a sustained drive that features power running about half of the time. This'll let NY know this won't be a game that they can pin their ears and go after Brady.

I have a lot of faith in our O-line this time around.

Patriots have been protecting Brady all year. I don't think the Giants pass rush will as effective as people are claiming because the O-line has been so solid. And now we additionally have Vollmer, and the TEs. Brady will be far more protected than Eli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back