PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots "most impressive"

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, is Fireman Ed attending the baby shower for Cromartie's latest contribution to the overpopulation problem?

He'd have to be. All those kids in one building must be a fire hazard.

Um, dont believe everything you hear from BB, especially on draft day. NO WAY did we target McC from the beginning. If we did we wouldnt have given a big contract to Bodden. We were getting cute with the trade down process after getting stoned for Gresham. I gotta figure it was a game between BB and Josh playing a game of TEBOW CHICKEN. Josh traded up and "won", McC was our consolation prize. NO WAY do we go into day 1 focusing on a CB. Great second day though!
You think McCourty was a consolation prize from TEBOW ? Wow, and you even seem serious.

:bricks:

Your coach could fart and Lombardi would say it was an incredible smell.

ROFL, still, Lombardi knows his stuff ....... and he's right about BB's farts too.

Hmm ... Sounds like a fan of a certain team whose pipe dream of a division title just came crashing back to earth. By the way, is Fireman Ed attending the baby shower for Cromartie's latest contribution to the overpopulation problem?
Cromartie sure couldn't live in China!

ROFL, still, Lombardi knows his stuff ....... and he's right about BB's farts too.

The funny part was watching Casserly squirm a bit on the hand-off from Lombardi, give some credit to another team (can't remember which; Baltimore?), then end with, "but yeah, New England ..." Not one prone to token praise of BB, but even he had to admit it was a Good Friday for NE.

It's even more impressive that we basically traded down 5 spots (from 22 to 27) and received a 2nd round pick in 2011 from a VERY average Carolina team. We also still got the player BB wanted @ 27.

That Carolina #2 for next year was essentially pulled out of thin air.

The Patriots through Friday night have made all four of "their" picks (with some effective shuffling), plus an additional player PLUS a potential top 40 next year. Wow.

Kind of surprised he ranked the Panthers at number on account of Clausen alone, totally ignoring that trading of the 2011 #2 to to NE for a guy many consider a reach where they picked him.

Yeah, I was just about to post the exact same thing, which is why listening to the main stream media is about as worthless as trying to project a Patriots draft.

So Carolina is a winner because they sweated out a dozen draft picks waiting for Clausen--never mind that they didn't maneuver at all to get in a position where they wouldn't have to sweat? I mean, I guess from a 'winning' standpoint that qualifies, but isn't that like saying after the fact that someone winning the lottery is a 'winner'? When seeing 'winners' and 'losers' I want to see who filled needs best, who got the best value, and who did the most with their selections. And on all three points the Patriots have to be among a handful of teams that accomplished that.

You think McCourty was a consolation prize from TEBOW ? Wow, and you even seem serious.

He's got a history of bizarre posting BelichickFan. Probably easiest to just let it through and keep walking.

Um, dont believe everything you hear from BB, especially on draft day. NO WAY did we target McC from the beginning. If we did we wouldnt have given a big contract to Bodden. We were getting cute with the trade down process after getting stoned for Gresham. I gotta figure it was a game between BB and Josh playing a game of TEBOW CHICKEN. Josh traded up and "won", McC was our consolation prize. NO WAY do we go into day 1 focusing on a CB. Great second day though!

BB didn't say he had him targetted the whole time. He said that at 22, he's the guy the would have drafted. It's very likely that some who were drafted before 22 were in his sites. Have you watched BB's press conference after the 3rd round? It's pretty insightful.

I think Jeff is half right, which for him would represent a first since he's usually totally out to lunch...

I do think Denver threw a monkey wrench in our Tebow chicken play...for another trade back. We never wanted to draft him, we just wanted someone else to really want to bad enough to come to us late in the first for the priviledge like Jerry did for Bryant. Not sure why Josh panicked at 25 unless he had reason to believe someone like Minnesota was already talking to us at 27 or he was convinced AZ was gonna take a shot at 26... But I don't think McCourty was a consolation prize, he was the target all along because Bill saw more value in CB there and unbeknownst to us he didn't have Odrick or Hughes or apparently any pass rusher graded as firsts...

I think Jeff is half right, which for him would represent a first since he's usually totally out to lunch...

I do think Denver threw a monkey wrench in our Tebow chicken play...for another trade back. We never wanted to draft him, we just wanted someone else to really want to bad enough to come to us late in the first for the priviledge like Jerry did for Bryant. Not sure why Josh panicked at 25 unless he had reason to believe someone like Minnesota was already talking to us at 27 or he was convinced AZ was gonna take a shot at 26... But I don't think McCourty was a consolation prize, he was the target all along because Bill saw more value in CB there and unbeknownst to us he didn't have Odrick or Hughes or apparently any pass rusher graded as firsts...

Maybe Josh fell for BB's smoke screen. Sometimes catch a perch when fishing for a bass.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

1) CB was a need entering the draft
2) Kraft commented on how after breaking down films with McC, BB was sold that he was his man.

I'm sure there were other considerations as well but none of those guys were available. If you look at the players who were available, BB got the one he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back