PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Mock Draft 2.0, The Trenches Get Attention

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Mock Draft 2.0, The Trenches Get Attention
By:

Ealy is one of the best pass rushing DEs in the draft and falls to NE at #29. Ealy has a long frame at 6'5, 275 and possesses outstanding burst off the edge....

I can certainly see this mock happening although I don't think Ealy will last that long, and I'm not a big fan of him either. My only question is drafting Fiedorowicz and Niklas together, both being very similar players and both being similar to Gronk. I think there's some redundancy there. Also, the lack of a linebacker seems like a significant omission. Draft contacts certainly suggest that the Pats are looking hard at the position.

I can certainly see this mock happening although I don't think Ealy will last that long, and I'm not a big fan of him either. My only question is drafting Fiedorowicz and Niklas together, both being very similar players and both being similar to Gronk. I think there's some redundancy there. Also, the lack of a linebacker seems like a significant omission. Draft contacts certainly suggest that the Pats are looking hard at the position.

I think they did a LB in the 4th, although he sounds like a bit of a project.

As far as TE, I like redundancy. If they are both similar to Gronk and play at 75% of his ability they'll be great and 74% better than Mulligan.

Love me some TE.

I still see the Pats taking DT with one of their two first picks. Probably their biggest need at this point.

I think they did a LB in the 4th, although he sounds like a bit of a project.

As far as TE, I like redundancy. If they are both similar to Gronk and play at 75% of his ability they'll be great and 74% better than Mulligan.

Love me some TE.

Hubbard isn't a coverage LB. He's an edge rusher.

THis would be a great draft Steve.

There is only one slight difference I would make. I'd take JTripp at 4.126 and THEN take Hubbard with the comp pick in the 4th round. I'd much rather double up at LB than TE the lack of depth there is that much greater.

Otherwise I think you hit the needs and wants perfectly. I assume if Hagerman was there at 29 you'd have taken him. ;)

Neither reminds me of Gronk. Rather both remind me of Hoomanawanui. Big blocker, too slow, no catch, TEs.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back