Patriots Mock Draft 1.0: Teams Fills Top Needs Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Derek Havens

The draft is a little more than a week away and one of the biggest events on the NFL off-season calendar is nearly upon us. Here's what I came away with in my first Patriots mock draft.

Continue reading...

I'm not really making a case for or against any of the names, so much as I'm pointing out that I don't see NE using all of the picks. I'm sure they'll be a trade or two.

This draft is described as the best draft for DTs in 40 years. I would be disappointed if
a DT is not one of our first four picks.

Spriggs won't get past Seattle in round 1, and other than the fact that he fumbles and is shaky in pass pro, Dixon is a perfect match?

Having an OT as one of the first two picks would make me do a happy dance. And a running back in the first four picks would be very nice also, although one that has problems with ball security and pass protection doesn't sound like a normal BB pick. Cyrus Jones is a binky of mine, I would love to see the Patriots get him in the third, he has a great attitude and is a tough, tough run defender, I could see him as kind of a Corner / safety hybrid.

The pick of Jake Coker in the 6th was a bit of an eye opener, I guess he is just coming off of a National Championship at Alabama and he is a tough player, but he is a bit of a slow learner when it comes to defense recognition and didn't start until his senior year, that would certainly be a switch from Brainiac Tom Brady.

Derek Havens

The draft is a little more than a week away and one of the biggest events on the NFL off-season calendar is nearly upon us. Here's what I came away with in my first Patriots mock draft.

Continue reading...

This would be an excellent draft, but honestly, BB and staff never seem to go after BIG NAME guys, even in the late rounds. Anyone following the draft would recognize every name in that draft. BB usually grabs guys not on any list (especially rounds 4 and after) and or guys that most think are gonna be UFAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes