Patriots Mankins and Jones Among Those at Practice Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: Ian Logue

The Patriots got a bit of good news on Wednesday, with the Boston Herald reporting that left guard Logan Mankins and defensive end Chandler Jones were both back at practice....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Patirots Mankins and Jones Among Those at Practice Wednesday

can they play CB :D

By: Ian Logue

The Patriots got a bit of good news on Wednesday, with the Boston Herald reporting that left guard Logan Mankins and defensive end Chandler Jones were both back at practice....

What about Volmer and Connolly? Did anyone see Gronk?

Beside Hightower and McDonald was anyone else missing?

good to see!

and gronk? He is out for a while..

What about Volmer and Connolly? Did anyone see Gronk?

Beside Hightower and McDonald was anyone else missing?

Vollmer and Connolly practiced. Gronk was not seen. Vereen was the only other player missing who you didn't mention.

That is really good news, for sure! You know Mankins has to be foaming from the mouth to get in there and start busting some holes!

I hope Vollmer can get up to 100% healthy at some point. He just impresses the hell out of me even when he's obviously got health issues.........:cool:

Last edited:
Will we see Gronk before the playoffs?

It's good to see Mankins practicing, since he was in a boot I take it was rather serious and long term. Even if he can't go this week, it's a great sign.

Jones I'm really hoping can play, from all reports his didn't seem nearly as serious.

...and again at practice on Thursday. Nice to see the comments out of the locker room that both guys are preparing to play Monday night. It is much easier to look at the matchups in the trenches, and feel that it will be a pretty even battle.

I like the Patriots' linebackers and secondary a great deal more than the Texans' who have so many backups and guys who were on practice squads recently at the second and third levels. Their nickle and dime guys are people I've never heard of. If the Patriots offensive line opens holes, the running backs should do some serious damage on Monday night.

This is one of those games where the tables are turned a little. Keep the Houston offense on the sideline and the Patriots can control the clock and the game. Foster and Schaub can keep the pressure on, but not if they are watching from the bench.

This one should be a battle.

ehh...let's hope....just pray for a 1st round by to give him some more time

I think he'll be back long before the 2nd round. The 49er game next week will mark 4 weeks since the injury so he could very realistically be back by then. Worst case scenario IMO is the following week or final regular season game.

I think he'll be back long before the 2nd round. The 49er game next week will mark 4 weeks since the injury so he could very realistically be back by then. Worst case scenario IMO is the following week or final regular season game.

Gronk will return to play a few series vs Miami

Gronk will return to play a few series vs Miami

As long as it's not blocking on extra points. Since we'll have made do without him, we don't need to put him back in.

Gronk update:

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe

For those who keep asking about Gronk, info is in practice wrap, but still expected to miss 2-4 more games, including Monday.
Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe

Refresher: Complexity is the metal rod in arm. Typically means 6-wk recovery for normal people. High risk of re-injury if rushed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes