PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots LS Joe Cardona Out for the 2016 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not suprising. My bet he's gone for at least a year, possibly 2 and then get and early discharge. Just the way it is.

I suppose you can't have the military commitment and then ignore it to play a sport. Although I think they should. Great ambassadors for the military and great recruiting tools. You don't have to fight and die to become a useful recruiting tool.

That's what they get for drafting a LS from Navy in the 5th round. Cardona's great but he should have been a UDFA not a 5th round pick.

Not suprising. My bet he's gone for at least a year, possibly 2 and then get and early discharge. Just the way it is.

I suppose you can't have the military commitment and then ignore it to play a sport. Although I think they should. Great ambassadors for the military and great recruiting tools. You don't have to fight and die to become a useful recruiting tool.
I don't know, we had this discussion before but, personally I have no issues with them wanting him to fulfill his commitment. That's what he signed up for. Even if we lose him for a season or two, I'm still good with the pick. Long snappers can play a long ass time and he's a good one.

I don't know, we had this discussion before but, personally I have no issues with them wanting him to fulfill his commitment. That's what he signed up for. Even if we lose him for a season or two, I'm still good with the pick. Long snappers can play a long ass time and he's a good one.

I bet if you polled the Navy academy members they'd overwhelmingly be in favor of him playing and doing his service in the offseason. It's not like they don't ever do anything. Put him on a boat from March through August. Done. It can be done and it should be done.

ringing-clipart-4ibKGXrig.gif

Paging Rob Ninkovich! ;)

I bet if you polled the Navy academy members they'd overwhelmingly be in favor of him playing and doing his service in the offseason. It's not like they don't ever do anything. Put him on a boat from March through August. Done. It can be done and it should be done.
I think that's reasonable, just saying I wouldn't make a fuss about it if I were him (no indication he is doing that). I do remember, some active duty native being annoyed that Kyle Eckel got out of his commitment to play football if I remember correctly. But, that was a tad bit of a different situation I think with Cardona doing work during the season.

ringing-clipart-4ibKGXrig.gif

Paging Rob Ninkovich! ;)
Anybody but Aiken for the love of god....I bet you that Allen got boinked in the head first practice with Cardona expecting Aiken's trademark low snap.

That's what they get for drafting a LS from Navy in the 5th round. Cardona's great but he should have been a UDFA not a 5th round pick.

Him being drafted in the 5th round is a huge reason why he got to play a year in the NFL...

Also whats this "that's what they get" ****? Doesn't matter if he was drafted in the 5th rd or went undrafted and they signed him, he was going to be the LS for the year and they'd still be in the same spot. Would you then say "that's what they get for signing an undrafted LS from Navy"?

I wasn't jumping for joy when they drafted a LS from Navy, but there was literally no impact players taken after him, so it's a wash.

Played well last year. You lose him for a year and then get a great LS back from there on out.

Sucks, but he's serving our country and that to me anyway, is more important. Not that big of a deal.

Guess that explains why they didn't draft Reynolds.

Him being drafted in the 5th round is a huge reason why he got to play a year in the NFL...

Also whats this "that's what they get" ****? Doesn't matter if he was drafted in the 5th rd or went undrafted and they signed him, he was going to be the LS for the year and they'd still be in the same spot. Would you then say "that's what they get for signing an undrafted LS from Navy"?
It was a bad draft pick anyway - but if it becomes a bad draft pick that isn't even allowed to play his second year it's a total failure. It's not his fault and it's not the Navy's fault, just a waste. Using a 5th round pick so a long snapper - LONG SNAPPER - gets to play last year is a waste of a 5th round pick.

It was a bad draft pick anyway - but if it becomes a bad draft pick that isn't even allowed to play his second year it's a total failure. It's not his fault and it's not the Navy's fault, just a waste. Using a 5th round pick so a long snapper - LONG SNAPPER - gets to play last year is a waste of a 5th round pick.
We could still have the guy for like ten years. A good long snapper is hard to come by.

No, it wasn't a bad draft pick and you're talking out your rear end for saying so. A bad draft pick is taking a kicker in the 2nd round ala Tampa Bay. Cardona didn't have a single bad snap last year and that is huge.. Much better than when Aiken was the snapper.

LOL, long snappers are a dime a dozen.

BS they are.. Otherwise the Pats wouldn't have been stuck with Aiken for 2 years.. Please stop with these ridiculous statements..

BTW, if LS were a dime a dozen, BB wouldn't have had to call Brian Kinchen out of retirement back in 2004 to snap for the Pats after they lost Paxton and McDermott..

5 Long Snappers drafted in the last 15 years (Cardona + 4) :

Long Snapper Draft Picks - NFL - DraftSite.com

Even Long Snappers don't expect to be drafted :

Even the long snapper couldn't believe Lions used a draft pick on him

"I was very surprised," Landes said, via mlive.com. "I was expecting free agency, just because I know how rare long snappers get drafted. I wasn't expecting anything in the draft."

I like Cardona and I'm glad he's on our team. But it's OK to admit he was an UDFA value taken in the 5th round.

These Annapolis boys are a bunch of sissies. It's only a 2h 54m commute one way from Bath, ME to Foxboro, MA.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back