PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots London Game - Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calciumee

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
To all of those coming down for the game (I know tickets aren't on sale yet, but I am sure most UK fans will be heading to London) I just booked the 27th and 28th in the Aldgate Travelodge for 2, just over £70 for both nights!

It's £33 at the moment just for the Sunday night!

Travelodge | London Aldgate East hotel - Central London hotels

It's in central London, so I thought I would let everyone know!

Obviously a good idea for those fans looking at coming over aswell!

Well done, sir! I say, well done!!

(PS - Wow, that was fast!).

I would love to go to London (never been there) to see the Pats play, but unfortunately, it comes at a bad time of year in terms of it being work, school, Halloween week for the kids, etc.

Well done, sir! I say, well done!!

(PS - Wow, that was fast!).

I would love to go to London (never been there) to see the Pats play, but unfortunately, it comes at a bad time of year in terms of it being work, school, Halloween week for the kids, etc.

'Tis a shame, I can see why people love London, but also why people hate the place!

But always worth one visit, even just for the tourist attractions!

For those of you coming into Heathrow the express train to Paddington leaves you with tonnes of real cheap hotels and direct access from Paddington station to Wembley.

There are some decent pubs in that area too. Not sure about where to catch NFL action in London. .

Good looking out. Booked in for the Sunday.

My keyboard does not have this---------> £ character. Symbol for pounds?

If I move to the UK do I have to trash my laptop?:cool:

That is strange! We get $ on our keyboards...there again not many countries use the good old pound.

You'll be able to find it in the symbols on something like word, so you can just copy from there :D

What character do you get if you press shift and 3 on American keyboards?

How long will this symbol be in use for €

:eek:

For those of you coming into Heathrow the express train to Paddington leaves you with tonnes of real cheap hotels and direct access from Paddington station to Wembley.

There are some decent pubs in that area too. Not sure about where to catch NFL action in London. .

How does that work over in Europe? Do satellite/cable companies offer a Sunday Ticket type package where you can watch all the games?

[/B]

How does that work over in Europe? Do satellite/cable companies offer a Sunday Ticket type package where you can watch all the games?

Sky Sports show 2 games on a Sunday and the Thursday/Saturday games, Channel 4 show the SNF game and ESPN show MNF.

Sky also offer Red Zone behind the main games by pressing a red button on the TV remote.

The NFL also offers Game Pass which lets you watch any game apart from the Sky games live on a computer, all games are also archived and you get NFL Network too.

That's how it works in the UK anyway.

Anybody have an idea of airline fare patterns to London?

As a business centre, it's probably not very seasonal. However, they do have extensive tourism.

I talked with my travel agent and she suspects an August booking.

Sky Sports show 2 games on a Sunday and the Thursday/Saturday games, Channel 4 show the SNF game and ESPN show MNF.

Sky also offer Red Zone behind the main games by pressing a red button on the TV remote.

The NFL also offers Game Pass which lets you watch any game apart from the Sky games live on a computer, all games are also archived and you get NFL Network too.

That's how it works in the UK anyway.

That is honestly better than I thought you guys had.

Basically any game that can be seen in America can be seen in the UK (though only Sunday Night Football is on a free channel.

For those interested in further discussion about travel, the game, events, tourist attractions, etc. please join Patriots Tailgate Yahoo Group and vote on the poll to be included in the email distribution list.

PatsTG : Patriots Tailgate

Some of you that were there in 2009 or live there can provide helpful advice to the rest of us who will surely have many questions.

Maybe we can even plan some unofficial gatherings (nothing that would interfere with what the UK Patriots will be planning) or even see some of the sights together proudly wearing our Patriots gear. There’s also the possibility of getting group rates for hotels or tours.

Of course we’ll watch the airfare market using tools such as farecast to determine the best time to purchase flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes