PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots LB Ninkovich Inks 2-Year Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots LB Ninkovich Inks 2-Year Extension
By: Ian Logue

If there was any doubt about the fact that if you play well you'll be rewarded here in New England, Friday once again proved that's exactly what will happen after Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com reported that Rob Ninkovich has received a 2-year contract exte...

Typo in the story, Ian -- "perfomance"

Anyhow, Ninko, Arrington, et al. are the sort of guys who we hope will eventually be well-paid backups rather than low-paid starters. Also, it's still not inconceivable that Ninko becomes better than that.

Re: Ninkovich signs two year extension thru 2013

We have many positions. I'm all open to see your breakdown of the front seven players on the roster. You're right. We have no pure OLB's. Our best may be Mayo. I will take you advice and list Fletcher inside.

I have
DT: Wilfork, Haynsworth, Pryor, Love
ILB/MLB: Mayo, Fletcher, Guyton, Spikes

That leaves
DE/OLB Ellis, Carter, Cunningham, Ninkovich, Anderson
could contribute: Wright, Warren, Brace, Deaderick

injured Wright
developmental Edds
special teams White
====================================

So, I'll ask again. How comfortable are me with our group of DE/OLB's? Do you argree that they are the weakest unit, along with safety?

OK, to me this highlights the necessity of the question. Can you really consider guys like Fletcher, Cunningham and Anderson as playing the same position? I think most of us would call Fletcher an ILB/MLB, and Anderson a situational DE. Plus not one of the guys you named has significant experience as a 4-3 OLB -- and all are a good bit bigger than a Thomas Davis or Lance Briggs (or Jerod Mayo).

Re: Ninkovich signs two year extension thru 2013

Seems a tad bit pricey for him, decent player and a good guy glad to keep him around I guess.

Is he a DE in the new 4-3 defense?

Haven't paid much attention to him this season.

You know...

At this VERY moment, as I peruse these posts...I'm watching "Remains of the Day", and I'm at that early scene, where Anthony Hopkins ~ 2 years after his enthralling work as Hannibal Lecter, mind you ~ is standing in the CourtYard, as the Butler, patiently holding up a Goblet of...Sherry, perhaps??...as his Master summons the boys for HUNTING...utterly IGNORING his faithfull Butler, arm extended...

Seems PERFECTLY awfull, somehow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back