PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots LB Mayo Goes Down With Knee Injury in the 2nd Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dump Guyton and make a deal for Curry.

I wouldn't be against this, but I have a feeling the Seahawks would want something ridiculous. How about just trade Guyton to the Seahawks.. Maybe a change of scenery for both would help..

Considering how lazy Guyton played today after Mayo was out, I have to question that statement.

The defense played better when Fletcher was at MLB, Ninkovich was at SLB and White (yes, Tracy White) was at WLB.. the LBers didn't commit to the run too quickly and when the run came, they actually were in their appropriate gaps..

I agree. We all know Guyton's limitations but his effort was so piss poor if it weren't for the lack of depth I think BB would cut him.

Mayo only out for a month? Ill take that

You expect BB to carry a backup with similar playing abilities as Mayo ? I suppose he could, provided you know we scrap such a thing called Salary Cap.

Holy crap, you couldn't possibly be that thick.

I was posting no one on the team comes close to doing what Mayo does.

But there are 3 (Faulk, Ridley and Vereen) who could adequately back up Woodhead.

Last edited:
Considering how lazy Guyton played today after Mayo was out, I have to question that statement.

The defense played better when Fletcher was at MLB, Ninkovich was at SLB and White (yes, Tracy White) was at WLB.. the LBers didn't commit to the run too quickly and when the run came, they actually were in their appropriate gaps..

Actually, I thought Spikes was more than adequate in the middle today.

Last edited:
Actually, I thought Spikes was more than adequate in the middle today.

Agreed, I thought the run defense was slightly better than adequate in the second half.

Sad to say but the Patriot D is playing so poorly right now that key loses aren't causing a noticeable difference. The D's grade was D+ before the injury and D+ after the injury (maybe even C- after the injury). I actually am optimistic about the run D even without Mayo but still fail to see a clear path to improvement for the pass D/pass rush.

Aaron Curry is on the block. Misused in Seattle. Definite up grade over Guyton and White.
Not part of the Carroll regime, he can be had. Bigger than Mayo. Better sack totals. Plays Mayo's exact position in the new defense. Super athlete.
I doth protest if BB tries to draft another LB IN 2012 when a talent like this can be stolen. BB rots on WR and LB's. I have no idea why the Pats F.O. would blink on this.

The Steelers said he was ready to break out when they played and could not understand the Seahawks mind set.

PJ ????Sign the beast?

P.S. (Happy New Year)
DW Toys

I am with you, this from Rotoworld.
Recent news on Aaron Curry - Seattle Seahawks - Rotoworld.com
" The 2009 No. 4 overall pick could likely be had cheaply ahead of the October 18 trade deadline. Oct 4 - 8:47 AM"

He could be had for very little has a big upside and could at minimum would supply excellent depth at all the LB spots in a 4-3.

This article is a good read, it suggests he is the best fit at ILB in the 3-4.
http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/32343210

Last edited:
I am with you, this from Rotoworld.
Recent news on Aaron Curry - Seattle Seahawks - Rotoworld.com
" The 2009 No. 4 overall pick could likely be had cheaply ahead of the October 18 trade deadline. Oct 4 - 8:47 AM"

He could be had for very little has a big upside and could at minimum would supply excellent depth at all the LB spots in a 4-3.

This article is a good read, it suggests he is the best fit at ILB in the 3-4.
The curious disappearance of Aaron Curry - CBSSports.com

Agreed. I think he'd also help in ST coverage.

Monty Beisel is available, and so is Adam Seward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey