PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots LB Mayo Goes Down With Knee Injury in the 2nd Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayo is far and away our best linebacker. Behind Wilfork, he's our best defender period. He's also the leader of the defense, something that has a value that can't be underestimated.

If he's not playing, we're going to notice it. Really hope it isn't serious and he can play against the Jets next week.

He's not going to be playing next week,I assure you

I just hope he can return after the break to face the NFC East teams

Last edited:
Maybe he was just feeling lazy?

Seriously, this really sucks. Feels like that Steelers game in 2005 when the Pats won but they had some costly injuries that hurt them later in the season. Actually the SD game this year felt like that too.

Aaron Curry is on the block. Misused in Seattle. Definite up grade over Guyton and White.
Not part of the Carroll regime, he can be had. Bigger than Mayo. Better sack totals. Plays Mayo's exact position in the new defense. Super athlete.
I doth protest if BB tries to draft another LB IN 2012 when a talent like this can be stolen. BB rots on WR and LB's. I have no idea why the Pats F.O. would blink on this.

The Steelers said he was ready to break out when they played and could not understand the Seahawks mind set.

PJ ????Sign the beast?

P.S. (Happy New Year)
DW Toys

Aaron Curry is on the block. Misused in Seattle. Definite up grade over Guyton and White.
Not part of the Carroll regime, he can be had. Bigger than Mayo. Better sack totals. Plays Mayo's exact position in the new defense. Super athlete.
I doth protest if BB tries to draft another LB IN 2012 when a talent like this can be stolen. BB rots on WR and LB's. I have no idea why the Pats F.O. would blink on this.

The Steelers said he was ready to break out when they played and could not understand the Seahawks mind set.

PJ ????Sign the beast?

P.S. (Happy New Year)
DW Toys

Of all the positions on the field, unfortunately LB (of any kind) is about the last position BB would trade for. He can barely bring himself to draft one, so it's hard to imagine him trading for one who would have to come in and learn the system on the fly.

Ian Rapoport via tweeter --- Sources close to the Patriots say Mayo has an injury to his left MCL and could be out six weeks. Ouch.

Sucks but I'll take it. At least he's not gone for the year.

Ian Rapoport via tweeter --- Sources close to the Patriots say Mayo has an injury to his left MCL and could be out six weeks. Ouch.

If that's all it is we're very very lucky. Powerball lucky.

mayo has a mcl injury from looks to be out for month according to patriots .com radio show

That is what I was thinking.. My only concern is that I believe it's the same knee that he injured the MCL last time. I hope the Pats let him fully heal before bringing him back..

That is what I was thinking.. My only concern is that I believe it's the same knee that he injured the MCL last time. I hope the Pats let him fully heal before bringing him back..

Agreed. He wasn't the same player that season after coming back from that injury. Shut him down as long as you need to. If that means he isn't back until weeks 11-13, so be it.

Agreed. He wasn't the same player that season after coming back from that injury. Shut him down as long as you need to. If that means he isn't back until weeks 11-13, so be it.

True. He struggled that year after the injury. I agree hold him out as long as it takes.

Great news and you can do a whole lot worse than Guyton as a 6 week stopgap.

Junior Seau in shape? :eek:

Considering how lazy Guyton played today after Mayo was out, I have to question that statement.

The defense played better when Fletcher was at MLB, Ninkovich was at SLB and White (yes, Tracy White) was at WLB.. the LBers didn't commit to the run too quickly and when the run came, they actually were in their appropriate gaps..

Considering how lazy Guyton played today after Mayo was out, I have to question that statement.

The defense played better when Fletcher was at MLB, Ninkovich was at SLB and White (yes, Tracy White) was at WLB.. the LBers didn't commit to the run too quickly and when the run came, they actually were in their appropriate gaps..

Didn't see the game. Interesting to hear that White was getting reps.

Didn't see the game. Interesting to hear that White was getting reps.

White played just about the whole 4th quarter, except the last drive.. then Guyton was back on the field.. And.. well.. Guyton.. let's just say that they should have left White out there IMHO...

Dump Guyton and make a deal for Curry.

I'd gladly take him back in 6 weeks.

Plus, I think 6 weeks is a maximum. Could be back in 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots