PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots LB Mayo Goes Down With Knee Injury in the 2nd Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% wrong.

With Woodhead, we have Ridley and Vereen waiting in the wings......not to mention Kevin Faulk after Week 6.

We have no one to replace what Mayo does.

yes but it is hard to imagine the D playing worse than what we have seen.

100% wrong.

With Woodhead, we have Ridley and Vereen waiting in the wings......not to mention Kevin Faulk after Week 6.

There was no drop off in play with Guyton in there today.

100% wrong.

100% wrong...Pats do have someone to play ILB if Mayo is down, but that someone may not be as good as Mayo, ie Dane Fletcher, Guyton.

Anybody comparing Guyton to Mayo as an even trade is on crack.....Our defense will suffer by losing Mayo.....the only mitigation will be if Spikes takes his head out of his dumb arse and gets with the program....he has the talent to stuff the run, but he lacks the coverage skills,.....therefore a perfect fit to this Patriot defense.

Don't know what he did to tick off BB...but I hope it is recoverable.

The defense even with Mayo sucked.Its soft!!This team needs a tougher defensive line.They need a monster at the DE spot.

100% wrong...Pats do have someone to play ILB if Mayo is down, but that someone may not be as good as Mayo, ie Dane Fletcher, Guyton.

Ergo, we have no one behind him who DOES WHAT MAYO DOES.

Not even close.

As The GhostofBenDreith say aptly said above, "Anybody comparing Guyton to Mayo as an even trade is on crack.....".. It can be said of Fletcher too (though I like both players as role players).

Last edited:

Not even close.

As The GhostofBenDreith say aptly said above, "Anybody comparing Guyton to Mayo as an even trade is on crack.....".. It can be said of Fletcher too (though I like both players as role players).

Fletcher has more upside than Guyton IMO, but on the whole you are right.

Mayo is far and away our best linebacker. Behind Wilfork, he's our best defender period. He's also the leader of the defense, something that has a value that can't be underestimated.

If he's not playing, we're going to notice it. Really hope it isn't serious and he can play against the Jets next week.

The defense even with Mayo sucked.Its soft!!This team needs a tougher defensive line.They need a monster at the DE spot.

Raiders Offense - 504 yards.

'nuff said.

tomecurran Tom E. Curran
Jerod Mayo's injury is not season-ending but he'll be gone for a while

Raiders Offense - 504 yards.

'nuff said.

Not bad for a banged up defense, actually.

A Wise Man wrote this a few days ago:

"Trying to stop DMC is one thing, and actually doing it is another. Sexy Rexy could not figure that out last week.

If Pats stack the line all Campbell will have to do is dump the ball off. Raiders RB's are pretty skilled receivers, and guy like Denarious Moore has insane speed. He toasted the Bills on passes and end around, and then killed the Jets on similar play. The TD catch against the Bills while being double covered on a not so good pass was ridiculous !
I'm sure Raiders will line Moore against McToasty."

Last edited:
Bedard tweat
Belichick actually sounded optimistic about Mayo's injury. At least, that's how I took it.

Not even close.

You expect BB to carry a backup with similar playing abilities as Mayo ? I suppose he could, provided you know we scrap such a thing called Salary Cap.

What about Love? Our once deep D line has been decimated. Can't afford to lose anybody else.

What about Love? Our once deep D line has been decimated. Can't afford to lose anybody else.

Love returned to the game.

Thank God for Brace and Deaderick coming off PUP.

agreed, very disappointing they are not a physical team. they're pretty soft.

I think the offensive line could become physical but the defensive line is just a bunch of JAGS minus Wilfork who has been slowed on the pass rush this season.

I'll take Fletcher 7 days a week and twice on sunday over Guyton as Mayo's replacement.

The kid has a knack for the ball and hits with authority

mayo has a mcl injury from looks to be out for month according to patriots .com radio show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back