PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots know how to rebound vs. Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
A gentle reminder for those still teetering on the edge of the Tobin Bridge. (Am I the only one that still thinks of it as the Mystic River Bridge?)

And yes, I do realize that past results do not guarantee future performance ... but if we're going to look in the rearview mirror rather than at what's ahead of us, here's a few games that are more than 72 hours old to look back at.

The last five times that the Pats played the Jets following a NEP loss, the Patriots won four of those games.

Patriots know how to rebound vs. Jets -- Rich Levine -- CSNNE.com

Week 10, 2011: Coming off two straight losses (to the Steelers and Giants), the Pats host the Jets and runaway with a 37-16 blowout win.

Week 11, 2009: The week after Belichick's infamous "4th and 2" against the Colts, the Pats host the Jets again, and blow them out again. This time, 31-14.

Week 10, 2006: After 27-20 loss to Colts, the Pats came out stale, and didn't find the end zone until the 4:22 mark of the fourth quarter in a 17-14 loss.

Week 13, 2005: After 26-16 loss in Kansas City, the Pats came home and took care of business against Brooks Bollinger's Jets, to the tune of 16-3.

Week 16, 2004: After a ridiculous 29-28 loss to Dolphins on Monday Night Football, the Pats went down to the Meadowlands and shut down the Jets, 23-7.​

This one should not be close. After our 3-3 start this makes every divisional game that much more crucial, so this is a must win for us and it's at home - Brady hasn't lost a regular season game like that since 2002 against these very Jets, but that was a looooong time ago and a very different team.

Their only real threat on offense is Greene and he is going to be shut down like Lynch and CJ were - both perhaps better backs. Sanchez sucks.

They won't be able to stop Brady or Ridley bank on it. Another double digit win.

Last edited:
This one should not be close. After our 3-3 start this makes every divisional game that much more crucial, so this is a must win for us and it's at home - Brady hasn't lost a regular season game like that since 2002 against these very Jets, but that was a looooong time ago and a very different team.

Their only real threat on offense is Greene and he is going to be shut down like Lynch and CJ were - both perhaps better backs. Sanchez sucks.

They won't be able to stop Brady or Ridley bank on it. Another double digit win.

My wonder is who will keep Keller in check and the team has virtually no info on Stephen Hill.....Hill and Keller's performance will decide of how the defense performs,Greene IMO is little threat.

Week 10, 2011: Coming off two straight losses (to the Steelers and Giants), the Pats host the Jets and runaway with a 37-16 blowout win.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the game you have listed above was on the road AT THE Jets. Pats lost to the Giants and Steelers back to back, while the Jets were on a 3 consecutive wins roll. Everyone was giving the edge to the Jets.

The first game (Jets @ Pats), ended in an *****-whooping 45-3 Pats.

The Pats showed up, and smothered them.

I also remember this clown: Rex Ryan Tells Fan to "Shut the ****** Up" After loss to Patriots 11/13/11 - YouTube :D

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the game you have listed above was on the road AT THE Jets. Pats lost to the Giants and Steelers back to back, while the Jets were on a 3 consecutive wins roll. Everyone was giving the edge to the Jets.

The first game (Jets @ Pats), ended in an *****-whooping 45-3 Pats.

The Pats showed up, and smothered them.

I also remember this clown: Rex Ryan Tells Fan to "Shut the ****** Up" After loss to Patriots 11/13/11 - YouTube :D

Yep, that game was indeed in New Jersey; I'll let Rich Levine know to edit his column.

2011 New England Patriots Statistics & Players - Pro-Football-Reference.com

The 2011 game in Foxboro was a 30-21 win by the Pats. The 45-3 game was in Foxboro but in 2010.

My wonder is who will keep Keller in check and the team has virtually no info on Stephen Hill.....Hill and Keller's performance will decide of how the defense performs,Greene IMO is little threat.

Forgot about Keller, he's hurt us in the past. I think I'll just ride with the Sanchez sucks strategy on him :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots