PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots, Jets, Ravens, Colts, Steelers, Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same old story for years. Chargers are the regular-season champs, and the post-season chumps.

I thought that that was the Colts? ;)

Anyways, looks like Chargers get VJax back for the Colts.

RT @WillDaThrill23: When is Vincent Jackson suppose to play again? ... Expected to play - and contribute - Sunday night in Indianapolis.
Twitter / Adam Schefter: RT @WillDaThrill23: When i ...

I actually have mixed feelings on the Chargers-Colts game. At this point I dislike the Colts more but the Chargers might be the bigger threat in a playoff game.

Look at all the great teams the Chargers beat!

Cardinals (3-7)
Broncos (3-7)
Texans (4-6)
Titans (5-5)
Jaguars (6-4)

And oh man, I'm scared! I've NEVER seen the Chargers get hot in the regular season and be favorites before! You guys are insane.

Last edited:

Cardinals (3-7)
Rams (4-6)
Texans (4-6)
Titans (5-5)
Jaguars (6-4)

And oh man, I'm scared! I've NEVER seen the Chargers get hot in the regular season and be favorites before! You guys are insane.

The Rams beat the Chargers. The Chargers 5th win came last night, against the Broncos (3-7).

Last edited:
Yeah, my bad. Which makes their strength of victory even more pathetic.

It's as if people forget they went 13-3 and last year and won ZERO playoff games. 14-2 in 2006 and won ZERO playoff games.

Yeah, my bad. Which makes their strength of victory even more pathetic.

It's as if people forget they went 13-3 and last year and won ZERO playoff games. 14-2 in 2006 and won ZERO playoff games.

So it's the Chargers you're pessimistic about, eh? :)

I am scared of the Chargers.

How can you not be? All that talent on both sides of the ball. They got their two biggest knuckleheads out of town (Merriman, LT). Rivers playing at a high level, his weapons coming back.

That is not a team anyone wants to play round 1 of the playoffs, I guarantee you that.

Yeah because they've always been such a tough out come playoff time :rolleyes:

Cardinals (3-7)
Broncos (3-7)
Texans (4-6)
Titans (5-5)
Jaguars (6-4)

To be fair, the Chargers have had a weak schedule this year however, what you should fear is the fact that all of our losses have been due to special teams mistakes, and if we can avoid making those same mistakes on special teams we should be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs because we'll have the #1 ranked offense and the first or second ranked defense in terms of yards allowed. Last night was the only game the entire season where our special teams didn't screw up in a major way and look at how we dominated the Broncos.

Last night was the only game the entire season where our special teams didn't screw up in a major way and look at how we dominated the Broncos.
The Denver Broncos are 3-7 this season. The true test for the Chargers will be against the Colts in the dome on Sunday Night Football.

The Denver Broncos are 3-7 this season. The true test for the Chargers will be against the Colts in the dome on Sunday Night Football.

If we beat the Colts in Indy then we should be given some respect as a legitimate playoff threat. Our major problem in recent years has been that we tend to shoot ourselves in the foot with mistakes and poor discipline once we get into the playoffs so hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

If we beat the Colts in Indy then we should be given some respect as a legitimate playoff threat. Our major problem in recent years has been that we tend to shoot ourselves in the foot with mistakes and poor discipline once we get into the playoffs so hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

Well, good news for Chargers fans:

receiver Austin Collie and safety Bob Sanders will miss Sunday night’s NBC showdown against the Chargers. Sanders continues to recover from surgery to repair a torn biceps tendon. Collie, per the team, is being held out only as a “precautionary measure” after experiencing concussion-related symptoms against the Patriots on Sunday.

Colts scratch Collie, Sanders for Sunday night against Chargers | ProFootballTalk

Well, Bob Sanders seems to be injured half the season every year anyways. So, having him not be there isn't going to slow down the Colts. What really does swing in our favor though is the fact that we're getting Vincent Jackson back for the first time this whole season. Rivers has been doing a great job lighting up defenses with no name receivers but now he'll finally have a real weapon to work with which will make him even more dangerous than he is now. The Colts defense will be ripped to shreds.

Well, Bob Sanders seems to be injured half the season every year anyways. So, having him not be there isn't going to slow down the Colts. What really does swing in our favor though is the fact that we're getting Vincent Jackson back for the first time this whole season. Rivers has been doing a great job lighting up defenses with no name receivers but now he'll finally have a real weapon to work with which will make him even more dangerous than he is now. The Colts defense will be ripped to shreds.

You guys own the Colts. No question.

Last edited:

I would like nothing better out of that game than for the the Bolts to shred the Colts. Unfortunately, S.D. is a team of chuckleheads, so that team could implode at any time.

You guys own the Colts.

Yup. That's the one team you can always count on the Chargers to beat. They're terrified of seeing us in the playoffs. I remember last season when we were 13-3 heading into the playoffs they kept discussing all these scenerios in which they wouldn't have to match up against us in the playoffs on the Colts forum. They breathed a huge sigh of relief when the Jets beat us because they knew that their path to the super bowl became much easier.

Certain teams just match up well against other teams. The Chargers own the Colts, the Steelers own the chargers, the Patriots own the Steelers, etc. After a while it becomes a psychological thing where the team that always loses expects to lose so it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

I would like nothing better out of that game than for the the Bolts to shred the Colts. Unfortunately, S.D. is a team of chuckleheads, so that team could implode at any time.

Steve Young made an interesting comment about the Chargers on Monday Night which I agree with. Regarding the Chargers traditional slow start to a season followed by a win streak that helps them win the division he said that he believes the Chargers are the type of team that needs to feel like they're in desperation mode to start playing well. They can't handle success, which is why they fail so much in the playoffs; they become arrogant and make the type of mistakes that they wouldn't have made when they were considered underdogs.

I wish this weren't true. I wish we were the type of team that could continue to win no matter how highly regarded and favored we were to win a game, but we seem to lack the discipline to do that. We play off of emotion, which can cause you to be inconsistent as we've been. One thing I have noticed though, is that no matter what type of year we're having we seem to always beat the Colts, so if we make the playoffs and play them I expect us to beat them and then lose to whichever opponent we have to face after them, which hopefully won't be the Jets because I couldn't stand losing to them again.

Last edited:
There is your AFC playoff teams folks... Pretty much a whose who of the past decade. The playoffs will be awesome this year.

NFC looks like Eagles, Saints, Falcons, Green Bay or Chicago or Bucs plus somone from the AFC West.
Looking ahead to Sunday there's some very interesting games, all with playoff implications:

Packers at Falcons
Chargers at Colts
Bucs at Ravens
Eagles at Bears
Jaguars at Giants
Titans at Texans
Dolphins at Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back