Patriots Jerod Mayo Likely Out Up to Six Weeks With MCL Sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Jerod Mayo Likely Out Up to Six Weeks With MCL Sprain
By: Ian Logue

Sunday's game out in Oakland was a physical one to say the least, and it appears it cost New England one of their best defensive players, at least until probably around Thanksgiving....

good news it's not an ACL and with the defense playing the way it is, it probably doesn't matter if he's in there or not. Offenses will rip the defense up either way.

I saw that on roto earlier. He will miss both JESTS games.

We MUST win this weekend.

good news it's not an ACL and with the defense playing the way it is, it probably doesn't matter if he's in there or not. Offenses will rip the defense up either way.

Gr8 player. Huge loss BUT this loss would be felt 3x more if we were still primarily using a 3-4 formation and scheme

Last edited:
Sorry to see that yesterday, my wife couldn't understand why I was muttering "oh sh*t, oh sh*t" repeatedly.......

Glad to see it's a sprain and not worse. As we have witnessed with WW and TFB, when it's worse, they are back in a year, but not fully back for two.

Well that's good news that he's not out for the year. On the plus side, this gives Fletcher/White/Guyton lots of playing time. We'll have good depth once Mayo comes back presumably healthy at the end of the year.

In 2009 it was the right knee in which he sprained the MCL and this was the left. So that's good however he was never the same after he came back that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back