Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots IRONY

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DaBruinz, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

The Patriots beat the Jets 38-14 and a non-issue with a video camera gets turned into the biggest Clusterf**K to hit the league since the Denver and 49ers cheating scandal.

What do the Pats do? They come right back and put up another 38-14 win on the Chargers, who their best player says that 9 times out of 10 they beat the Pats...

Hmm.. guess their best player would be wrong since the Pats have beat them 2 straight and tonight wasn't even a contest with the Pats leading 24-0 at the half.
  2. BradyisGod

BradyisGod Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

add on to that, that in the game where the they "stole" the tape, the team sucked.

when they had no "cameras", the team was supposed to be good.
  3. JaredOfNazareth

JaredOfNazareth Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is that why the Patriots went for it on fourth and one on the Charger three yard line with Morris? That was awesome!
  4. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its a bit different but kind of reminds me of 2003 when Buffalo won in a 31-0 win week 1 following the Lawyer Milloy fiasco - then in week 16 of that season we won 31-0
  5. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,098 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

A little OT, but I thought that was an obvious situation to go for it. Given the time remaining, I would have much rather left the Chargers with a 97-yard field than tacked on 3 points (that still left it a 3-score game) and then kicked off.
  6. Crazy Patriot Guy

Crazy Patriot Guy Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Yeah I thought the same thing at the time.

The only difference a FG makes is that the Chargers need 3 TDs instead of 2 TDs and a FG. Both are very unlikely at that point.

Like you said, I'd rather be up 17 with the Chargers at the 3 yard line than up 20 and they possibly run back the kickoff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.