PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots introduce variable pricing for 2014 season tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? I'm just happy to have my season tix and feel like a tiny part of some very big games. I like the games I stay home for and love the games I attend. Except when they lose and it rains. Those suck.

And for those of you saying to just stop buying tix: 1. You know almost no one will stop. 2. If they do then I will buy those too and ruin your plans.

Who cares? I'm just happy to have my season tix and feel like a tiny part of some very big games. I like the games I stay home for and love the games I attend. Except when they lose and it rains. Those suck.

And for those of you saying to just stop buying tix: 1. You know almost no one will stop. 2. If they do then I will buy those too and ruin your plans.

Bruins fans said that for a long time, PJ. Then they started staying away in droves.

Bruins fans said that for a long time, PJ. Then they started staying away in droves.

In 05/06 when attendance started to job it wasn't pricing that drove them out it, was terrible team and management. But that change in 07/08 with Chia hiring Claude and Neely becoming VP and most importantly WINNING. Lets face it with the Pats under Kraft they really haven't even come close to being rock bottom for more than 1 year. Lets see what happens when the 5 or 6 year period of 3-13/4-12 seasons hit what ticket sales look like.

n 05/06 when attendance started to job it wasn't pricing that drove them out it, was terrible team and management.

I understand that. I was responding to the notion that people will always buy tickets by pointing to a local example of a team where that was proven wrong. If you piss off a fan base enough, it will eventually start to act on it. The built in cushion of the blind homers only keeps things going for so long.

But that change in 07/08 with Chia hiring Claude and Neely becoming VP and most importantly WINNING. Lets face it with the Pats under Kraft they really haven't even come close to being rock bottom for more than 1 year. Lets see what happens when the 5 or 6 year period of 3-13/4-12 seasons hit what ticket sales look like.

I think the team will get a honeymoon from a fair amount of the new fans, but they'll never keep the front runners, and they'll have a more hostile group than they did back in the 80s and 90s, because the new fans are basically a whole generation that doesn't understand (or accept) bad seasons of football.

So now we know the Marquee games:
Sunday, Sept. 21 -Oakland Raiders 1:00
Thursday, Oct. 16 -New York Jets 8:25 PM
Sunday, Oct. 26 - Chicago Bears 1:00 PM
Sunday, Nov. 2 - Denver Broncos 4:25 PM

So now it's time to play, "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong". :)

So now it's time to play, "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong". :)
Seriously. Why and how does OAK end up on this list over CIN or DET even?

Seriously. Why and how does OAK end up on this list over CIN or DET even?

At first glance I would agree, but the key is that the Oakland game is the Patriots home opener. In addition to being the first home regular season game of the year, the home opener is also typically when the club honors whomever it is that gets elected in to the team Hall of Fame (Raymond Clayborn, Ty Law or Bill Parcells this year).

Don't forget to vote early and often.

And the fish get the first taste of the hook...

At first glance I would agree, but the key is that the Oakland game is the Patriots home opener. In addition to being the first home regular season game of the year, the home opener is also typically when the club honors whomever it is that gets elected in to the team Hall of Fame (Raymond Clayborn, Ty Law or Bill Parcells this year).

Don't forget to vote early and often.
Very good point about the home opener. Didn't think of it from that perspective.

yes it will be before the season...we all know 1 is the broncos
The entire NFL has become to GREEDY. Watch it on TV when I'm not fishing but no longer do my Sundays revolve around their schedule. The Thursday night games are a joke.

Sign up to get on the waiting list for tickets; it will cost you $100 per seat but it's fully refundable. That will gain you access to the Patriots' Ticket Exchange.

That's very intriguing! As of a few years ago it was $200 (was originally zero, then $50, then $100, then $200, and now apparently back to $100). And for many years it was non-refundable. It would be credited against your season ticket purchase if you took the tickets, but if you got off the list or refused tickets when offered the deposit was forfeited.

I wonder if that's an echo of the post-2008 economic situation. I wonder if the halcyon days of ticket sales, high prices, and no refunds was during the 2004-2007 era where a perennial contender coexisted during economic high times.

I wonder if that's an echo of the post-2008 economic situation. I wonder if the halcyon days of ticket sales, high prices, and no refunds was during the 2004-2007 era where a perennial contender coexisted during economic high times.

You may have discovered some relationship between supply and demand and price elasticity. :)

You may have discovered some relationship between supply and demand and price elasticity. :)

Heh, well played. I guess stating the obvious is par for the course for me on a lazy, rainy Saturday

Just having fun. Your comment was on the mark. The market & times have changed. No recent Lombardis has helped.

Just having fun. Your comment was on the mark. The market & times have changed. No recent Lombardis has helped.

Oh no worries. I don't mind getting my balls broke. And you're actually quite right about the Lombardis comment. I typically buy my tickets from a friend who has season tickets, and the last few years, I've had far more picks of games to choose from, including "marquee" and playoff games. It's anecdotal evidence, but I'm sure that, despite being continually sold out, the Krafts must sense at least some downward pressure on ticket prices.

The entire NFL has become to GREEDY. Watch it on TV when I'm not fishing but no longer do my Sundays revolve around their schedule. The Thursday night games are a joke.

So if the NFL is so low on your priority list, why are you on a NFL team's website forum in the Spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back