PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots introduce variable pricing for 2014 season tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lower the parking prices or better transit to Foxborough.

According to the team's ticket office there is no allotment set aside for single-game sales. What goes on sale individually via Ticketmaster before the season, in their words, "are incidentals." The vast majority of the stadium is sold out to season ticket holders.
I'm not sure what you've said here that disagree with anything I've said.

There's no doubt that most of the stadium's seats go to STHers. But there's also no doubt that there are singles available for any given game. You can easily walk up to the box office on gameday for a preseason game and get tickets.... so any seats you get from the box office on gameday are obviously not part of a STH package.

This, of course, is a good reason to get rid of publishers and find an alternative to copyright. In the football ticket and event space (since live events are different in a fundamental way from a good), its a good reason to promote scalping and to want to see a proliferation of ticket resale. I think Stubhub is great and their processing fees aren't particularly high, and with digital tickets it's easier than ever to buy and sell. I hope that the resale market, however, influences the primary market as well.
I think this variable pricing trend we see in sports comes directly from the influence of the resale market. The Patriots were certainly getting tired of selling all their tickets at the same prices, then seeing obscene markups for certain games like Pittsburgh or Denver.

You can easily walk up to the box office on gameday for a preseason game and get tickets.
Really? You've done this? I'm surprised.

Really? You've done this? I'm surprised.
Yes, but you saw I said "preseason" right? Heck, I bet at least 95% of the opposing team's allotment gets returned. So this is one of the things that this new variable pricing will attempt to resolve. In the past, the typical preseason game tickets sell online for much less than face value so even those ridiculously few people who want to see 3rd and 4th stringers play would go to eBay or StubHub or their buddy who has season tickets before going to the team. Heck, I'm a STHer and there are times when I literally have trouble giving the darn things away.

This year, that may change. Now that the face value of a pre-season game is roughly half that of a regular season game (for singles, not for STHers), someone may be more likely to buy from the team than the 2ndary market.

The Steelers are the latest team to join the growing trend of variable pricing on tickets, which means the best games will cost the most money. According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Steelers season ticket holders are seeing their overall prices rise by about 2.5 percent to 4.5 percent over last year, depending on where in the stadium they sit. (The U.S. inflation rate for the past year is 1.1 percent.)

But the prices will no longer be the same for every game. Prices for preseason games are going way down, with reductions of 20 percent or more, while prices for regular season games will go up. Steelers president Art Rooney II said the team recognizes that fans didn’t like paying full price for preseason games.The Steelers are the latest team to join the growing trend of variable pricing on tickets, which means the best games will cost the most money. According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Steelers season ticket holders are seeing their overall prices rise by about 2.5 percent to 4.5 percent over last year, depending on where in the stadium they sit. (The U.S. inflation rate for the past year is 1.1 percent.)

But the prices will no longer be the same for every game. Prices for preseason games are going way down, with reductions of 20 percent or more, while prices for regular season games will go up. Steelers president Art Rooney II said the team recognizes that fans didn’t like paying full price for preseason games.

Steelers raise ticket costs, introduce variable pricing | ProFootballTalk

Now Pittsburgh joins the ranks of teams preparing to screw over their customers again.

This is what my Bruins ST have increased since they won the Cup in 2011

2010-11 last row balcony sec 322 were $18 dollars per game

This year $32.50 per game

Next year $46.00 per game

Please lower the parking prices or better transit to Foxborough.
How about "variable pricing" for parking to go along with "variable pricing" on the tickets? For instance, if a ticket vs. Buffalo is cheaper, shouldn't parking for that game be cheaper as well? I'm not holding my breath for this one ...

This is what my Bruins ST have increased since they won the Cup in 2011

2010-11 last row balcony sec 322 were $18 dollars per game

This year $32.50 per game

Next year $46.00 per game

Hockey's the toughest sport of the big four, because it's the best live, but the worst on television. Still, the only answer is to stop paying the prices. The owners, especially one like Jacobs, aren't going to stop milking every last dollar out of their suckers/customers unless and until the fans tell them to take a flying leap.

What is the rating for the Jets game? Premier, Marquee, or I'd Rather Stick Needles in my Eyes?

Hockey's the toughest sport of the big four, because it's the best live, but the worst on television. Still, the only answer is to stop paying the prices. The owners, especially one like Jacobs, aren't going to stop milking every last dollar out of their suckers/customers unless and until the fans tell them to take a flying leap.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining I understand and honestly don't care because Hockey is where I spend my entertainment money.

I don't know about the Pats but the Bruins allow me to pay in 10 month installments of 188.00 so that helps.

And the stop paying the prices also apply to the NFL too.

Hockey's the toughest sport of the big four, because it's the best live, but the worst on television.

I don't think hockey is the worst on TV. Far from it. I love watching every Bs game.

Baseball is by far the worst on TV and in person IMO. But i hate baseball so there's that

I don't think hockey is the worst on TV. Far from it. I love watching every Bs game.

Baseball is by far the worst on TV and in person IMO. But i hate baseball so there's that
I don't like to use words like best and worst because it is so subjective to personal sports preference.... but I will say that hockey is the game which improves the most from TV to in-person (ignoring costs).

I don't like to use words like best and worst because it is so subjective to personal sports preference.... but I will say that hockey is the game which improves the most from TV to in-person (ignoring costs).

I feel like baseball stays the exact same. TV to watching in person.zzzzzzzzz :D

I go to many pats games a year..same with Bs. Both fun to watch live/in person for me. But those are my 2 favorite sports and i just love the atmosphere at gillette and at the garden

I never bought tickets at face value from Pats or ticketmaster. I usually got hooked up or bought off someone who had Pat's tickets to sell.

Are there tickets available to public ( 2 or more seats together) for regular season games at face value? Can I get'm through Pats or ticketmaster when Pat's tickets go on sale?

Cry me a river. Give those pre-season tickets to your local boys club or something and take a tax deduction.

Seriously, you are complaining about having season tickets?:)

Mine go out @ car shows during the summer when they do their 50/50 raffles

It really makes no sense. Season tix prices are the same overall except for certain sections that got an increase this year. My mezzanine seats in sec. 227 are the same (thankfully) despite individual tickets having different amounts printed on them due to this silly predetermined "value" formula. The Patriots forbid resale on the secondary market except for their in-house ticket exchange site so I don't see how this benefits anyone financially -- especially since only a tiny number are single-game sales.

Have you ever looked at Stubhub ?

According to the team's ticket office there is no allotment set aside for single-game sales. What goes on sale individually via Ticketmaster before the season, in their words, "are incidentals." The vast majority of the stadium is sold out to season ticket holders.

None of which trumps a crisp fall day at the stadium where you join in the energy and passion with fellow fans and see/experience things no TV can provide. But that's just my opinion. :)

They offer individual sales at the Box office sometime I believe in the summer, a friend lives near by and every year we pick a couple games that a group of us goes to, he usually try's to grab three or four, as close to my four seats as he can. A couple years back landed seats within a beers reach:D
IIRC, they send e-mails to season ticket holders announcing the day they go on sale.

I never bought tickets at face value from Pats or ticketmaster. I usually got hooked up or bought off someone who had Pat's tickets to sell.

Are there tickets available to public ( 2 or more seats together) for regular season games at face value? Can I get'm through Pats or ticketmaster when Pat's tickets go on sale?

See above, they usually sell out the day they go on sale though.

Sign up to get on the waiting list for tickets; it will cost you $100 per seat but it's fully refundable. That will gain you access to the Patriots' Ticket Exchange.

Official Website of the New England Patriots | Tickets Information

Official Website of the New England Patriots | Tickets - Season Ticket Wait List

Official Website of the New England Patriots | Tickets - Season Ticket Wait List Amenities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back