PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots interested in WR Marc Boerigter (KC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pats1 said:
I just don't get how you can call Boerighter a possible #2 but Caldwell not. He had EIGHT catches last year as a NUMBER 5 receiver.

Caldwell averaged over 3 catches/game for 17 yards/catch as the Chargers' #2 in 2004.

Boerigter is 3 inches taller and 5 pounds heavier.

Boerigter has 4.49 40 speed. Caldwell had a 4.44.

Boerigter went undrafted. Caldwell was a 2nd round pick. I do believe Caldwell has more potential.

That's definately fair to point out. And to be honest, I think that I'm not as high on Caldwell as you for the exact same reason you like him -- I think he's an underachiever after being drafted in the 2nd round, whereas Boerigter may be an overachiever (at least for his first season, where he put up 8 TDs). Hence the reference to the undrafted Patten.

But the more I think about it, there's a lot of similarity between the two. Caldwell was surpassed by the more venerable McCardell, and Boerigter -- while he never had a major role -- got lost in KC's search for a solid WR corps, amidst guys like Derrick Alexander, Johnnie Morton, and now Eddie Kinneson.

I would argue that KC does not and has not developed quality WRs, but then again, neither does SD.

So in truth, it's a wash. I'll should be more open-minded about Caldwell, but I would like to see both Caldwell and Boerigter in a Patriots uniform -- at least through training camp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes