PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast VIII: Patriots interested in WR Brian Hartline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man. I never get this many notifications. Damn draft forum :(
Just come in any thread about WRs or cap space and say something that would be perceived as negative about Amendola and your notifications will be blowing up.

"Unbelievable! Now you're reaching back to my time with the Rams. 'Never accomplished anything more than 689 receiving yards in a season,' eh? Answer me this: do you seriously believe we would have reached and won the Super Bowl without my presence and performance? Ignorance also is overlooking the obvious. In your case this appears downright willful."

View attachment 8826
Yes I think we would have. I do not think that you made any plays that the majority of WRs in the NFL would not have made, so who ever was on the field instead of you would have got it done. Outside of 51 yards on a trick play you had 10 catches for 78 yards in 3 playoff games. I'm not building a statue in front of Gillette for you.

I think you need to consider the whole causation vs correlation. How many plays if any do you consider Amendola the cause of and how many simply correlated with him being the guy on the field in a patriots uniform. Do you think only Amendola could have caught the 51 yard pass by Edelman? Do you think only Amendola could have gain 78 yards?

I certainly do not think his impact was bigger than Wilfork or Vereen and I'm not seeing anything close for he amount of posters on this board supporting them as players to keep. Which says to me this is either a flawed outlook or an outlook based on something non performance related.

Last edited:
Yes I think we would have. I do not think that you made any plays that the majority of WRs in the NFL would not have made, so who ever was on the field instead of you would have got it done. Outside of 51 yards on a trick play you had 10 catches for 78 yards in 3 playoff games. I'm not building a statue in front of Gillette for you. Which says to me this is either a flawed outlook or an outlook based on something non performance related.
"Thank you for coming clean and finally providing an honest self-assessment of your unfathomable campaign against me."

Amendola.jpg

"Thank you for coming clean and finally providing an honest self-assessment of your unfathomable campaign against me."

View attachment 8829
Umm yeah that's it. I love how when posters cannot reasonably answer legitimate questions or provide anything that supports them supporting Amendola they turn it into some campaign of conspiracy against him on the part of me. It really highlights how weak of a position you are taking when you cannot speak in facts and have to attempt to sway the opinion of others with accusations of malicious intentions. The sad part is there are posters who buy into the nonsense and actually think that the things I say about Amendola are because I don't like him instead of realizing that what I say is factual and supported by game tape and stats while what you are suggesting is something you came up with sitting behind a computer screen in an attempt to save face. The fact is players like Wilfork and Vereen, etc. are unlikely to be hear because of the bad contract of players who failed to meet expectations with Amendola leading that charge. Had we not signed him we wouldn't have a nearly $6M cap hit, even if we kept Welker his contract is up. The player you are so intent on supporting is the reason we are over the cap and cuttings or letting better players test the market.

The Patriots will be interested in a dozen players they can't afford but will settle for two
or three castoffs at the veteran's minimum.

I love how when posters cannot reasonably answer legitimate questions or provide anything that supports them supporting Amendola

AFC Divisional Playoffs Jan. 10, 2015: Patriots 35, Ravens 31
Danny Amendola: five receptions, 81 yards, two touchdowns (12 points); five kickoff returns for 125 yards, avg. 25 yards per return
Margin of victory: 4 points

Super Bowl Feb. 1, 2015: Patriots 28, Seahawks 24
Danny Amendola: five receptions, 48 yards, one touchdown -- clutch fourth-quarter catch (6 points)

some campaign of conspiracy against him on the part of me.
It is what it is.

Danny Amendola: five receptions, 81 yards, two touchdowns (12 points); five kickoff returns for 125 yards, avg. 25 yards per return

Danny Amendola: five receptions, 48 yards, one touchdown -- clutch fourth-quarter catch (6 points)

It is what it is.

How about the Jets games.

In the first one, DA won the game for the Pats. Caught the back shoulder spin around go ahead touchdown. Drew a crucial PI call in crunch time. 4 Kick Returns for 105 yards. Then recovered the Jets onside kick. We won the game by 2 points.

The second Jets game DA had 8 catches, ran back 5 kick offs for 91 yards and returned 3 Punts for 63 yards. We won that game by 1 point.

It is too bad the guy wasn't healthy or whatever the problem was the majority of the season, because when he was given the chance to make plays, he usually did.

Im really late to this party but a good friend of mine is a Dolphins loyal fan and Brian Hartline has been a jerk to him and a ton of devoted fans.

Hmm what has been proven? Ignorance would be not being aware that he was the same inconsistent player with the Rams who other than 3-4 good games a year was pedestrian. Amendola is what he is and that is a middle to bottom of the depth chart WR who came into the league as an UDFA and has never accomplished anything more than 689 receiving yards in a season. That is proven!
Actually, he led the NFL in KR and Ret. yards his rookie year and led the NFL in APY in 2010. I personally agree that yes, he is overpayed, just not as grossly as you seem to veiw him. Not factoring in his return capabilities is ignoring the overall impact he has on the club. If he were say, a 2.5-3 mil 4-5th veteren receiving option and the main KR and backup PR when Julian gets banged up I'd say that's not so crazy.

Replacing his 200 receiving yards is obviously an easy proposition, but who's going to be the guy in the return game? Know why BB went with Chung early in the year? Because he trusts him not to turn it over and make the right call on taking a knee or running it out. BB doesn't just throw any old rookie out there. Seems trivial until there's a fumble deep in your own end after the other team scores. As soon as he was comfortable with Chung taking more S duties he went right to a proven and tested veteren, not, say, rookie James White or someone else.

It is what it is.
Ok but that was not the question. If Amendola were not on the field there would have been another player in his place, so the question remains, were those plays only plays that could have been made by Amendola or could most NFL WRs make those same plays? Do you think if the coaches chose to put Tim Wright out their instead that those yards would not have been gained and those points would not have been scored?

Real simple question, Danny Amendola currently has the seventh highest cap # on the New England Patriots, does that seem appropriate to you?

And it is not what it is at all, it is what you want it to be because then you are able to ignore the valid points I make and chalk them up to my allegedly hating Amendola. The truth is with the exception of 4-5 games of the 31 Amendola has spent in a Patriots uniform he has underperformed, tell me one other player that fans just allow to suck for 80-85% of the games he plays? See this is reality I do not hate Amendola, I view Amendola as any reasonable and logical Patriots fan who was not smitten by him would view him, as a underperformer. The problem is that you and a handful of others have decided that he is a good player so you are going to continue manipulating his tenure here and trying to focus the room on these 4-5 games where he did something. Placing the blame for the other 26-27 games where he did not on either him being injured or the team not utilizing him properly. Everything I say about Amendola is undisputable. That is a fact, you can keep spinning it and I am sure you have his other 5-6 followers agree with you and probably even convince a few posters you are right, but we both know that at the end of the day what I say is true and you have no leg to stand on so you have to make stuff up.

Actually, he led the NFL in KR and Ret. yards his rookie year and led the NFL in APY in 2010. .
Where did his KR average, PR average and YPC average rank against his peers?

I will just give you the answers.

23rd in KR average
12th in PR average
128th in YPC average

Last edited:
It is too bad the guy wasn't healthy or whatever the problem was the majority of the season, because when he was given the chance to make plays, he usually did.
Was he injured in the Colts playoff game too? Or what/who was to blame for him having 1 catch for 8 yards and a drop? I obviously know it was not Amendola to blame.

Was he injured in the Colts playoff game too? Or what/who was to blame for him having 1 catch for 8 yards and a drop? I obviously know it was not Amendola to blame.
Oh I am sorry. I forgot the rule here was that if you say anything positive about Danny Amendola (if that is even allowed) that you have to come under fire from the resident Jihadist.

He won us games and contributed to a SB win. You cant even act normal and objective about the subject for 5 minutes.

Ok but that was not the question. If Amendola were not on the field there would have been another player in his place, so the question remains, were those plays only plays that could have been made by Amendola or could most NFL WRs make those same plays? Do you think if the coaches chose to put Tim Wright out their instead that those yards would not have been gained and those points would not have been scored?

Real simple question, Danny Amendola currently has the seventh highest cap # on the New England Patriots, does that seem appropriate to you?

And it is not what it is at all, it is what you want it to be because then you are able to ignore the valid points I make and chalk them up to my allegedly hating Amendola. The truth is with the exception of 4-5 games of the 31 Amendola has spent in a Patriots uniform he has underperformed, tell me one other player that fans just allow to suck for 80-85% of the games he plays? See this is reality I do not hate Amendola, I view Amendola as any reasonable and logical Patriots fan who was not smitten by him would view him, as a underperformer. The problem is that you and a handful of others have decided that he is a good player so you are going to continue manipulating his tenure here and trying to focus the room on these 4-5 games where he did something. Placing the blame for the other 26-27 games where he did not on either him being injured or the team not utilizing him properly. Everything I say about Amendola is undisputable. That is a fact, you can keep spinning it and I am sure you have his other 5-6 followers agree with you and probably even convince a few posters you are right, but we both know that at the end of the day what I say is true and you have no leg to stand on so you have to make stuff up.
One final question that's been bugging me for a while now: Does Danny Amendola's name come up in your therapy sessions?

I don't think anybody is going to argue Amendola has been worth his contract. However, that alone is not criteria for whether he should be cut going into this season or not.

One final question that's been bugging me for a while now: Does Danny Amendola's name come up in your therapy sessions?
LMAO Manchurian Candidate trigger word for sure.

Where did his KR average, PR average and YPC average rank against his peers?

I will just give you the answers.

23rd in KR average
12th in PR average
128th in YPC average
You wrote that he never accomplished anything other than 689 receiving yards. You did not include his contributions in the kicking game. Bill trusts him as a returner. He's a SB winning HC. Me thinks he knows what he's doing. :p

Boston Fanatics @FanaticsBoston · 19h19 hours ago
Danny Amendola made $200K per catch in the regular season last year.

Of course, this tweet leaves out his 36 returns in the RS and his 11 catches and 9 returns in the postseason. DA's game is not solely based on catching passes, JFYI.

Is he overpayed? Sure. I just think a quick shot stat like that doesn't give the full overall picture. This tweet leaves out twice as many touches as it accounts for.

Oh I am sorry. I forgot the rule here was that if you say anything positive about Danny Amendola (if that is even allowed) that you have to come under fire from the resident Jihadist.

He won us games and contributed to a SB win. You cant even act normal and objective about the subject for 5 minutes.
Amendola did what he was expected to do when we signed him in 2-3 games this season, why the hell do you see that as a positive? Do you think that he signed a 5 year $31M deal to be the #3 WR and perform at a level of expectation in 15% of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back