PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Inactives:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patspsycho

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Price, Clayton, Wilhite, Ohrnberger, LeVoir, Pryor, Wright, and Chevis Jackson.

Good to see Brandon Deaderick and Kyle Love Active. Eric Moore - LB is also active..

Fred Taylor is active also.. Hopefully he gets more than just a few carries in a clean-up role..

no surpises, except maybe Moore vs Chevis

no surpises, except maybe Moore vs Chevis

I expect to see Moore take Spikes's place in ST (PAT). Also perhaps on run-stopping downs? We are great at stopping inside runs, but horrendous on the outside.

The LB out of Montana, Fletcher should get a lot of snaps.. nice to have seen him throughout the season..

Last edited:
I expect to see Moore take Spikes's place in ST (PAT). Also perhaps on run-stopping downs? We are great at stopping inside runs, but horrendous on the outside.
I dont understand.
How do we replace Spikes with an OLB?
I dont see how Moore is an upgrade to anyone on defense.

But, yes, our inside run D has been fine, and its the off-tackle area that has been an issue AT TIMES.
Really over the last 6 or so weeks, the only trouble we have really had in run D is when we played nickel and dime. No one since Cleveland has really run on us consistently when we were in a run stopping or balanced D.

The LB out of Montana, Fletcher should get a lot of snaps.. nice to have seen him throughout the season..
I realize they have very different skill sets, but Fletcher as a rookie reminds me a lot of Bruschi as a rookie, and from about this point on Bruschi played a much bigger supporting role.

I dont understand.
How do we replace Spikes with an OLB?
I dont see how Moore is an upgrade to anyone on defense.

But, yes, our inside run D has been fine, and its the off-tackle area that has been an issue AT TIMES.
Really over the last 6 or so weeks, the only trouble we have really had in run D is when we played nickel and dime. No one since Cleveland has really run on us consistently when we were in a run stopping or balanced D.

My mistake.. for some reason I was thinking he was an ILB, but he is listed as a DE, which in the Pats system makes him an OLB as you say.

Is Wilhite hurt or is this a coaches decision?

With 7 top 100 picks coming up, I have a feeling this guy will be joining his fellow under-performing draft buddy at the CB position on the street.

Whilite has been out with a hip injury for awhile now.

My mistake.. for some reason I was thinking he was an ILB, but he is listed as a DE, which in the Pats system makes him an OLB as you say.
But keep an eye on Fletcher today. I think he will see a lot of snaps in many different roles.

Is Wilhite hurt or is this a coaches decision?

With 7 top 100 picks coming up, I have a feeling this guy will be joining his fellow under-performing draft buddy at the CB position on the street.

Hurt. Before that happened, Wilhite really wasn't looking that bad. Dare I say that he looked pretty decent.

Hurt. Before that happened, Wilhite really wasn't looking that bad. Dare I say that he looked pretty decent.

if he and Butler were both 100%, who would be the in that #3 CB? I think Patricia only needs one "work in progress" back there. Especially with Bodden, McCourty and Arrington clearly the top 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes