PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Inactives : Mallett, Ridley, Vereen, Guyton, Thomas, Vollmer, Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess we're going to see a lot of NJGE, Woodhead, and Faulk today..

Maybe we'll see more Edelman and Underwood. Edelman DID light up the Ravens the last time when he filled in for Welker.

Nate Jones and BRace draw back in. Brace to stop the run, i like it

Did not expect Ridley to be inactive, but now that I think about it did not expect him to get any touches, so he may as well have been inactive.

This is a lesson learned, do not lose the rock in playoff football.

Guyton has not progressed in this defense, so that makes sense. Even Nino Kotoverdes(sp) got some playing time last week.

From a long term perspective, I hope the fumbles don't affect Ridley's confidence down the road.

Probably a good chance we see more of Ahern in the backfield with only 3 rbs and 1 fb dressed

You know, I hope Ridley is injured, I'd like to believe that is the reason, on that second fumble he had the guy knocked himself out to get the ball out, I think a lot of guys would fumble that one. I hope there is something we just don't know. ...tripped taking out the garbage and twisted his ankle Saturday night ..anything!

I predicted that Kevin Faulk will be used for this game......on blocking and short passes out of the backfield, I expect to see multiple screens today to stave off that Ravens pass rush.

Faulk may be that X factor today....that is probably why Ridley is sitting out.

Unless there is some mystery injury, the Ridley decision is an over reaction. God love him, but Faulk sucks at this stage of his career.

Also, interesting Vollmer hasn't been IRd. It's obvious he's finished for this season.

Ravens Baltimore Ravens
#Ravens inactives: WR Tandon Doss, CB Chykie Brown, RB Anthony Allen, LBs Josh Bynes & Sergio Kindle, G/C Justin Boren, NT Brandon McKinney

McKinney is usually in their line rotation, isn't he? One less body for them if we get the ball rolling quick.

Ocho is our good luck charm :(. Very surprised at ridley but brace probably beat him out today as supposed to last week. Pats dont think they can run a lot on the ravens so decided to use the spot on a DL instead.

I predicted that Kevin Faulk will be used for this game......on blocking and short passes out of the backfield, I expect to see multiple screens today to stave off that Ravens pass rush.

Faulk may be that X factor today....that is probably why Ridley is sitting out.

If Faulk is the x-factor today we're ****ed.

Did not expect Ridley to be inactive, but now that I think about it did not expect him to get any touches, so he may as well have been inactive.

This is a lesson learned, do not lose the rock in playoff football.

Guyton has not progressed in this defense, so that makes sense. Even Nino Kotoverdes(sp) got some playing time last week.

After the last time that I saw Guyton play, I am VERY happy that he is sitting on the bench. He is frightening in coverage and his tackling is atrocious.

Unless there is some mystery injury, the Ridley decision is an over reaction. God love him, but Faulk sucks at this stage of his career.

Also, interesting Vollmer hasn't been IRd. It's obvious he's finished for this season.

He's been practicing, and there is potentially one more game 2 weeks away against two teams with fearsome pass rushes. Just because he isn't ready today doesn't me he won't be ready in 2 weeks if we are lucky enough to play again in Feb.

From a long term perspective, I hope the fumbles don't affect Ridley's confidence down the road.

Yeah, I'm sure making a huge deal of it by having him inactive for a playoff game won't contribute to long term issues. :rolleyes:

They know the law firm won't fumble it!

Is Guyton a healthy scratch? He's really fallen off. I mean, I was never comfortable with the guy (just a brutal tackler and has no instincts), but it seemed like BB trusted having him out there early in the season, yet now with the same guys on the roster he's finally putting them above him.

If you fumble in two consecutive games at this stage of the season, you should not play in this game.

Last edited:
He's been practicing, and there is potentially one more game 2 weeks away against two teams with fearsome pass rushes. Just because he isn't ready today doesn't me he won't be ready in 2 weeks if we are lucky enough to play again in Feb.

Who says he starts in the unlikely event he plays again this year? They've done just fine without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back