PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots in Paris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubedoggy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I am, for reasons too involved to explain, going to be in Paris (yes, the one in France) opening weekend.

Does anyone know of a bar that shows NFL games? My backup plan is one month of Field Pass, as I will have web access in my hotel room, but I'd rather watch it whilst hoisting a pint or twain...

cubedoggy said:
I am, for reasons too involved to explain, going to be in Paris (yes, the one in France)...

Oh, thank God. I was afraid you meant Paris Hilton. Those would indeed be reasons too involved to explain.

I lived in France during all of last season, and in my city, which is way way smaller than Paris, I couldn't find any bars to watch a game. Paris should be much different...although I do not know of any, I'd be willing to guarantee that you will find a bar that shows NFL games. There are a ton of Americans in Paris.

While you are there, check out some soccer games too (and don't get me wrong I am not trying to compare the 2, I'll take then NFL any day over soccer)....the paris team is a quality side

Sky shows the Nfl (like in IT) but i do not know the coverage in FR; and Sky is a pay tv too...

imho it will be quite impossible they will show Ne-Buf game (week.1)

Last edited:
Yes, the Moose sounds to me the best option of what I could find on the Internet. But ITPTP is right: Sky will choose the most attractive 1 o'clock and 4 o'clock games and it isn't at all likely, in all honesty. that NE-Buff will be one. So far as I know, NFL Sunday ticket isn't available outside the U.S.

Thanks everybody.
This now gives me an excuse to bar-hop!

dryheat44 said:
Oh, thank God. I was afraid you meant Paris Hilton. Those would indeed be reasons too involved to explain.

THAT situation is simpler than you think:

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/a...lls-magazine-im-celibate/20060807074809990001

Paris Hilton Tells Magazine, 'I'm Celibate'
AP
LONDON (Aug. 6) - Paris Hilton says she is sick of boyfriends and is celibate.
The 25-year-old who gained international fame when a former boyfriend posted a videotape of the couple having sex on the Internet denied leading a promiscuous lifestyle in an interview with the British edition of GQ magazine.

You might want to try the Hard Rock, it's up on Montmartre Blvd. It was a pretty big if memory serves. I'm sure at the very least you won't be the only American there. Game time will be what 6pm in Paris?

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafes.aspx?LocationID=92&MenuID=15&MIBEnumID=3

Also a quick tip about using computers over there, if you don't bring a laptop, be careful, the letters on the keyboards are in different places, so look down as you type, or you will be typing jibberish! Especially if you are trying to enter a password for NFL.com, you don't want to lock yourself out.

If you are staying in a hotel, maybe grease the conceirge, he might know.

p.s. if you didn't already know it, the French suck!

Ne-Buf will be playied at h 19 in FR (like in IT)

Mike the Brit said:
So far as I know, NFL Sunday ticket isn't available outside the U.S.

Mike,

We get the Sunday Ticket in Canada. It is also available in Mexico, Bermuda and the Bahamas.
http://www.nfl.com/ticket

Maybe one day it will be available overseas?

NEM said:
OK, so no one understands french here. How about a little italiano?

È il tempo per il francese per ottenere con il programma e fa entrare nei giochi di calcio di Patriote di notizie-Inghilterra sugli schermi di televisione francesi in qualsiasi sbarra di sport attraverso il paese intero. Posso qui il suono, riflettendosi ora tutto attraverso Francia, i Patriotes di Viva, i Patriotes di Viva
No one understands NEM here, in any language. :p

Good luck finding the Pats on in gay Paris. You'll have a much easier time eating freedom fries at Jim Morrison's grave.

My advice- take the chunnel into London on Sundays- at least for the 1 pm games. You'll have alot more luck finding the games on there.

cubedoggy said:
I am, for reasons too involved to explain, going to be in Paris (yes, the one in France) opening weekend.

Does anyone know of a bar that shows NFL games? My backup plan is one month of Field Pass, as I will have web access in my hotel room, but I'd rather watch it whilst hoisting a pint or twain...

I use a thing called a Slingbox to access my TV programming. It's a snap! Then you can access your full programming via the net. I use it at work...SHHHH. There's no fees associated and you can pick one up for about $175.

PatriotsRiot93 said:
I use a thing called a Slingbox to access my TV programming. It's a snap! Then you can access your full programming via the net. I use it at work...SHHHH. There's no fees associated and you can pick one up for about $175.

I've heard of this and was sneakily fascinated -- what kind of quality is it? is it OK over domestic-speed broadband?

It depends on what sort of bandwidth you have at home. I have dsl and it's pretty good on the normal size of about 4" x 4". You can make it full screen- but mine gets a lil grainy. I know of someone else who has one and it really works well. I am totally happy with it- its alot better than I expected. They use some sort of proprietary tech to transfer or sling the data. I really love it and totally recommend it. It was a bit of a b**** to set up on my router- but I got it quickly resolved- something about having an open port. It works WAY better than signals you might get on Real Player or other streams like that.
Now I can watch the NFL network or my sunday ticket when its slow at work. heehee

PatriotsRiot93 said:
It depends on what sort of bandwidth you have at home. I have dsl and it's pretty good on the normal size of about 4" x 4". You can make it full screen- but mine gets a lil grainy. I know of someone else who has one and it really works well. I am totally happy with it- its alot better than I expected. They use some sort of proprietary tech to transfer or sling the data. I really love it and totally recommend it. It was a bit of a b**** to set up on my router- but I got it quickly resolved- something about having an open port. It works WAY better than signals you might get on Real Player or other streams like that.
Now I can watch the NFL network or my sunday ticket when its slow at work. heehee

Sounds good -- so that's why your post count is low :D (welcome to the board!).

Box_O_Rocks said:
No one understands NEM here, in any language. :p

correct...

Patjew said:
Good luck finding the Pats on in gay Paris. You'll have a much easier time eating freedom fries at Jim Morrison's grave.

My advice- take the chunnel into London on Sundays- at least for the 1 pm games. You'll have alot more luck finding the games on there.

you could be right

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey