PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Hosting Florida DT Dominique Easley On Pre-Draft Visit

I'd rather go after a guy like Kony Ealy. Prototypical size for 4-3 DE -- 6'4 273 with long 34 1/4" arms. The thing that worries me about Easley is the Dan Klecko effect. He is short, undersized, and has short arms -- 6'2 288 32 7/8". And unlike an Aaron Donald I don't see explosive measurements in strength, speed, agility, leaping to compensate.

On top of that he is coming off 2 major ACL surgeries. This guarantees that his rookie season will be a slow one. Usually a player doesn't come back to full strength/fitness from ACL until their second year. I could easily see him being declared a bust in his first season for that reason, whether or not that will be the case. There are a lot of risks with Ealy who even if fully healthy might fall into the "Dan Klecko" trap due to physical stature and athletic limitations.

Donald has the same Heart and Will as Dan Klecko too. Unfortunately he has the same body, too. He is a good college player who will just be swamped in the NFL like Klecko was, I fear.

I have seen him compared to the Reverend White who only stood half a foot taller and outweighed him by 50-60 pounds! What absurdity.

Hageman is unmotivated. Donald and Easly are tiny. Clowney is unmotivated and unreachable. Nix is nothing special. The Penn Stater and Tuit are injured redshirts. This Draft is barren at DL. Wishing won't change that. Look elsewhere.

I noticed someone mentioning Easley's lack of size... is that a concern for Donald as well? 6' 285-290 and 32 inch arms correct?

I noticed someone mentioning Easley's lack of size... is that a concern for Donald as well? 6' 285-290 and 32 inch arms correct?
Yes. Nfl network actually said if Donald was a few inches taller he would be cosidered the consensus number 1 overall pick

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back