PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots host WR Dez Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Marshall is obviously better but he wants a lot more money than Dez Bryant.

Just read what happened. How the Hell is that worthy of a seasin suspension,WTF? I understand if Bryant is troubled by that.

I take it your in favor of Bryant if he falls to #22.

BTW, Moss and Bryant would be one fun year that is similar to veteran Cris Carter and Rookie Randy Moss as one of the best tandems ever.

Honestly, no. I am not in favor of taking Bryant.. Too many 1st round WRs have been busts... That being said, if BB took him there, then he'd have to feel confident that Bryant would the lining up opposite Moss from Day 1 of TC.

The problem was that Bryant was supposedly given several chances to come clean and didn't. He only came clean when he was in the room with Deion and the NCAA officials.

I agree that he didn't deserve losing most of his senior season. Especially with how the NCAA officials come off as being god's gift. However, he did deserve to be punished. But it didn't fit the crime.

There are too many unknowns for me, he's off my board the same as Meriweather was in 2007. If he passes the due diligence part of the Patriots process, welcome aboard and "git'er done Dez." Until then...has anyone mentioned Jared Odrick? :p

Defense. We need Defense and a pass rush.
With our 2nd rounders we can grab someone like Damian Williams who is a solid WR.

You don't need a Jerry Rice WR to win the SB.

You also dont need a great defense to win the SB, if your defense can complement your offense (the saints last season) you will be in good shape. Im a Defense first guy when it comes to drafting as well but Dez Bryant is the best WR in the draft and I certainly wont be disappointed if he were to fall to us:)

There is a bit of a connection through Randy Moss's old coach so there may be something to this visit....naw...smokescreen to allow the Patriots to trade down if he falls to them.

Interesting highlights (first time I have seen him on the field). He is big and has great long speed and hands like glue. However most of the receptions (at least the ones in the highlights) he was not open and had to (successfully I might add) fight for the ball. Does he lack short-area quickness and the ability to run crisp routes?

We're going to need to replace Randy Moss after 2010 (I really don't believe he'll be back). Bryant would be the perfect guy to do that, unless you want to use Oakland's pick next year or A.J. Green or Julio Jones.

AJ Green please, I want nothing to do with Bryant, he's a cancer waiting to form.

Defense. We need Defense and a pass rush.
With our 2nd rounders we can grab someone like Damian Williams who is a solid WR.

You don't need a Jerry Rice WR to win the SB.

Williams is slated by more than one media to be a slot guy. Will he be able to play wide? Will it take him a while to adapt. Do we need another slot guy at about 5'11" and 195lbs? What scares me more is the USC WR trail of failure.

DW Toys

I say we wait on landing a #1 until next year with julio jones, floyd and aj green coming out. I think a golden tate, damian williams or eric decker can provide enough offense until then.

I am really hopeing that either Jimmy Clausen or Dez Bryant drop to 22 so we can maximize the value of that pick. The more I look at this draft the more I think all the guys I want are going to be gone by 22. If one of these two guys drop we can trade back into the early 2nd while grabbing a high 3rd as well. We have so many holes I really want to trade back unless a stud is on the board. The only guys who have a realistic chance of bring at 22 I would draft are Brandon Graham, Jared Odrick or Maurkice Pouncey. However, I see Pouncey rising updraft boards and most likely going to Pitt at 18. I see Graham going to Tenn at 16, ATL at 19 or Cinci at 21. I also have seen in recent days Odrick moving up boards. I saw that Clev is looking at him at 7! I could easily see him going to Den at 10, SF at 13, or Pitt at 18.

Dez Bryant to me showed a lot of immaturity showing up out of shape to his pro day and giving up on a lot of the drills and not finishing them out. He also forgot to bring his shoes to workout! I really think he could be a potential headcase as well. This team won 3 Super Bowls without an elite #1 WR. I don't think BB wants to take a chance on a clown like this in round 1. BB has never drafted a WR in round 1 mostly because I think Pioli and BB see that the WR position has a high bust rate and low value in round 1. This is why WRs drop in the draft every single year. The 2nd and 3rd rd is where you find WRs.

MEH ... In Bill I Trust ... :cool::cool::cool:

Regardless of whether you like him or hate him, it makes sense for the team to bring him in if he might be available. No point in leaving stones unturned, whether it be for a draft pick or trade. There's others that I would prefer, but I don't see a problem with taking a look at Bryant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes