PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Hope To Get Playoffs Off On Right Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Sexy Rexy wants to get off on the right FOOT too :rofl:

.....weak attempt, I know.

Well based on how things are playing out in the wildcard round, I don't think we could have asked for more on how things are setting up. After watching the Chiefs, they weren't winning and I'd much rather have the Jets back and have the Ravens/Steelers beat up on each other.

The key is going to strike early. I kind of look at the Jets like that overconfident fighter. You punch him in the face early and he's left confused wondering what to do. Rex is a motivator, but he's not an X/O's or adjuster by any means. The longer you leave them in the game, the better a guy like Sanchez has to play in his comfort zone. Case in point game one - we had our chances to really pop them in game one(I still think the turning point in that game is BB not going for it on 4th and one on the 15 when he went for it at the 40 and got it easy and were moving the ball at will - we then went on to miss the chip shot FG and came away with a donut on the miss).

They're a team that is going to be riding an emotional high - and a team that clearly has a tendency of getting overconfident. They're going to be on the road in back to back games in contrasting weather conditions. I don't get the feeling Rex is going to be able to be pulling to much out of his bag of tricks by the time he gets over his joy on beating Manning.

I do like the fact that BB has had two weeks for this one. Let's not forget last go, he had a week and a half coming of the Thursday game. That game was as close to a playoff game as you saw in the regular season, so a LOT sets up very similarly.

It is going to be obvious they are going to focus on their running game/shortening the game. I do wonder if Rexy sets this up as a no lose kind of situation and takes a couple shots downfield to Holmes/Edwards early. Defensively, I do find the fact that they were able to shut down Manning's intermediate game in the middle of the field down.

I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back