PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots HOF finalists: Burton, Coates, Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before:

but I don't doubt that your view is the same as most fans who will not consider off field activities relevant to being in the Patriots Hall of Fame

Myself I think they are - we're not talking Canton and shere football stats... we're talking Patriots Hall of Fame - and to me, one of the things that is and should be a hallmark of a Patriot is exemplary off field behavior

Some might disagree with me about that but I think that's what the Burton nomination is about.

It's about putting politics and cronyism above merit.

I hope his son Steve, the mediocre TV sports journalist, gives his induction speech.

Not downplaying his good deeds, but if Albert Schweitzer could throw a spiral would he get in the hall too?

Morgan. But Coates will get in a year(or years).

It's about putting politics and cronyism above merit.

I hope his son Steve, the mediocre TV sports journalist, gives his induction speech.

Not downplaying his good deeds, but if Albert Schweitzer could throw a spiral would he get in the hall too?

RayClay, you're just wrong. This has absolutely nothing to do with Steve Burton. I had the privilege of knowing Ron Burton just a little and I've never met a man quite like him. This is a man who sacrificed all he had for others. He lived in a house mortgaged to the hilt and over his head in debt in order to finance property mortgaged to the hilt for his summer camp so that others would learn the lessons in life that made him who he was. A man of boundless energy who gave and gave and gave some more. There's a reason why a man with such pitiful football stats would be considered for the Patriots Hall of Fame and it's because any of us would be proud to be half the man he was. Your insulting comments on his nomination are not appreciated.

I can't believe Houston Antwine isn't already in the HOF. I had to go back and check the list. Antwine's on the AFL All-time team.

Last edited:
RayClay, you're just wrong. This has absolutely nothing to do with Steve Burton. I had the privilege of knowing Ron Burton just a little and I've never met a man quite like him. This is a man who sacrificed all he had for others. He lived in a house mortgaged to the hilt and over his head in debt in order to finance property mortgaged to the hilt for his summer camp so that others would learn the lessons in life that made him who he was. A man of boundless energy who gave and gave and gave some more. There's a reason why a man with such pitiful football stats would be considered for the Patriots Hall of Fame and it's because any of us would be proud to be half the man he was. Your insulting comments on his nomination are not appreciated.

Did I once insult his philanthropy?

Is it a philanthropy hall of fame or a football hall of fame?

He was never even the best running back on his own team.

Houston Antwine had 6 straight ProBowls and is in the AFL Hall of Fame.

Many think he was our best DL before Seymour. Doesn't he count? Isn't he a human being?

Why should he not be nominated? Jon Morris too. Why is it they don't count?

http://www.patriots.com/alumni/index.cfm?ac=alumnibiosdetail&bio=13699

1971 Patriots.com Bio

Seven-time AFL All-Star selection who capped great performances of the '60s with selection to the All-Time AFL All-League team ... "Twine" is especially devastating against the run ... was double and triple teamed throughout his career ... tremendous strength and balance ... was NAIA heavyweight wrestling champion ... Pats' defensive captain and player representative ... always a leader ... has played ten seasons with Patriots ... slowed as a rookie due to College All-Star Game injury ... started with Pats as offensive guard but switched to defense the same year ('61) ... Twine and Jim Hunt have played together longer than any pair of tackles in pro football ... named Pats MVP in poll of Foxboro fans last year ... has a habit of destroying training camp tackling dummies ... native of Memphis, Tenn. ... still says "quarterbacks are my reward" ... could enjoy best season in recent years with promise shown by strenghtened Pats' rushline.

So you're saying that Antwine, despite tremendous credentials,is somehow an inferior human being to Burton?

Inferior to such an extent that his football career should be overlooked?

By the way Jon Morris was a 6 time pro bowler that played the same time as Burton.

http://www.conigliofamily.com/Patriots.htm#JONMORRIS

Apparently he was also a horrible human being. Someone of such despicable character that he and Antwines 12 combined probowls weren't good enough to overcome it.

Last edited:
No problem with the other two, but Stanley Steamer should go first....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back