PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots HIRE O'Brien

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mcdaniels in this thread. To me hiring an offensive assistant shows a lack of confidence in your OC. If Skippy does step it up he'll have someone vying for his job perhaps.

There is no reason to think that. They have an undermanned coaching staff anyway and then they lost Daboll.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mcdaniels in this thread. To me hiring an offensive assistant shows a lack of confidence in your OC. If Skippy does step it up he'll have someone vying for his job perhaps.

Actually I think the larger issue was BB saw that the Raiders had some interest and BB may not have had the backup plan he is accustomed to like when Mangini and Crennel and Weis left. If McDaniels had left, who would be our new O-coordinator. Now O'Brien has at leasta year to get a feel for the system, not to say he would get the OC spot but maybe he could fill in for QB coach and help out elsewhere down the line. There are only so many offensive coaches to go around.

didn't work for me...
If you wanted a coaching job, it's ladies first. Knowing you, is was just another notch in the coup stick.

Actually I think the larger issue was BB saw that the Raiders had some interest and BB may not have had the backup plan he is accustomed to like when Mangini and Crennel and Weis left. If McDaniels had left, who would be our new O-coordinator. Now O'Brien has at leasta year to get a feel for the system, not to say he would get the OC spot but maybe he could fill in for QB coach and help out elsewhere down the line. There are only so many offensive coaches to go around.
Mangurian is a former OC and has been there a couple years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes