Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Bill O'Brien as Offensive Assistant

------Reiss

This guy

Local guy. Hails from Andover and went to Brown.

Last edited:
I hope they start to beef of the coaching staff.

If he were from any team but Duke I'd be happy

This guy

Local guy. Hails from Andover and went to Brown.

Ok, the Pats must have the single least athletic coaching staff in the NFL. Alumni of powerhouses like Brown, Wesleyan, Bowling Green, John Carroll, Northern Colorado, South Dakota State, Southwestern Louisiana, California Western, William & Mary...even RPI!! Only Pepper actually played in the NFL.

(FWIW, Mr. Patchick went to Brown with O'Brien while I was at Wesleyan with Mangini. Little did we know that we could have aspired to NFL careers....)

Ok, the Pats must have the single least athletic coaching staff in the NFL. Alumni of powerhouses like Brown, Wesleyan, Bowling Green, John Carroll, Northern Colorado, South Dakota State, Southwestern Louisiana, California Western, William & Mary...even RPI!! Only Pepper actually played in the NFL.

(FWIW, Mr. Patchick went to Brown with O'Brien while I was at Wesleyan with Mangini. Little did we know that we could have aspired to NFL careers....)

I think that the phrase you were looking for was "best educated".

And remember, all of you High School Football heroes:

You don't have to have been a horse to be a jockey!

Bill O'Brien as Offensive Assistant

------Reiss

Phew, I thought you meant Pat O'Brien, I was about to delete all my voice mails.

One nice thing about this is that he is direct from the college ranks (Duke) and should be able to provide an immediate benefit to the draft preparations. He had to gameplan against all the ACC teams and will have first hand knowledge of all these players .

I'd like to think this started a trend of the Pats recruiting from Brown. Apparently they have a young linebacker who showed up well at the combine...

Anyone else ever wonder how these young guys get jobs in the NFL? Even Belichick was pretty young when he started. Its amazing...

Who ya gotta sleep with? Myra?

Another Wes alum. I was '92. I, too, regret not having pursued my NFL career when I had a chance!

Great atheletes dont make great coaches. Its the guys who sit on the bench and see how things are done that become the great coaches.

Plus, these are all thinking men and they have intellect.

Note his 'organizational behaviour' major. BB hires guys who have some management training or insight. They're jock-geeks.

Hey, maybe Chloe is next?

I think that the phrase you were looking for was "best educated".

And remember, all of you High School Football heroes:

You don't have to have been a horse to be a jockey!

Well played

Great atheletes dont make great coaches. Its the guys who sit on the bench and see how things are done that become the great coaches.

Sure, but the interesting thing is that these guys were "sitting on the benches" at places like Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

I think it's fascinating. Across pro sports the coaching ranks are increasingly becoming the realm of ex-players who supposedly can relate better to the players because they've been there. The Pats are a marked exception, still treating coaching as a skill and profession unto itself.

Sure, but the interesting thing is that these guys were "sitting on the benches" at places like Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

I think it's fascinating. Across pro sports the coaching ranks are increasingly becoming the realm of ex-players who supposedly can relate better to the players because they've been there. The Pats are a marked exception, still treating coaching as a skill and profession unto itself.

I wonder if you went through them all, how many excelled at/obsessed on studying game film, as BB is said to have. And do most players -- other than QBs -- actually look forward to seeing game tape?

Second statement-couched-as-a-question:

Is it just me, or does this guy look like what would happen if BB were 20 years younger and actually showed his teeth when he smiled?

PFnV

I think it's shameful you just want them for their athletic bodies, Patchick. We're talking intense cranial potential here.:D

Plus, these are all thinking men and they have intellect.

I could be mistaken here but I believe to this day that the player with the most Interceptions in a season and in a career at Brown University is none other then Joe Paterno. I remember being pretty dumbfounded when I heard he went to Brown, not that I thought he was dumb, but he just looks like someone who came right out of a steeltown and who made it with his bluecollar work ethic.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mcdaniels in this thread. To me hiring an offensive assistant shows a lack of confidence in your OC. If Skippy does step it up he'll have someone vying for his job perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down