PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have two entries in Fox Sports top Super Bowl scandals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll always wonder if Tomase's article had any tangible effect on the players. They came out flat, they lacked the fire I'm used to seeing from them. From a fan's standpoint, I remember how deflated I felt that day when the article came out - if the players had that to any degree, then yes, I think the article had an effect.

And Jonathan Kraft himself said it was a distraction for him and the coaches to deal w that report.

So, basically, I really think Tomase should commit ritual suicide for potentially causing any disadvantage in that game. That god awful game.

Last edited:
I'll always wonder if Tomase's article had any tangible effect on the players. They came out flat, they lacked the fire I'm used to seeing from them. From a fan's standpoint, I remember how deflated I felt that day when the article came out - if the players had that to any degree, then yes, I think the article had an effect.

And Jonathan Kraft himself said it was a distraction for him and the coaches to deal w that report.

So, basically, I really think Tomase should commit ritual suicide for potentially causing any disadvantage in that game. That god awful game.

I don't want to blame the loss on the story because the Pats had plenty of opportunities to win the game no matter how bad they played, but I'm sure it had an affect on their mental state.

I think Tomase gets far too much of the blame though. I blame the NY Times who outed Matt Walsh that week and Mike Fish and ESPN for running an inflamatory piece stating that Walsh claimed he had very damaging evidence against the Patriots even though Fish nor anyone else had seen the evidence in question to even know if it existed or it was in fact damaging.

Without those two stories, there would be no Tomase piece. Without the Fish story, there would have never been that specter (no pun intend... well, maybe some) of the possibility that Walsh actually had a copy of the Rams' walkthrough. Besides, Tomase was trying to make a name for himself with the story, but not trying to be malicious. I firmly believe the Times had a vendetta against Belichick and the Pats and served as Arlen Specter's PR department.

I think Tomase gets far too much of the blame though. I blame the NY Times who outed Matt Walsh that week and Mike Fish and ESPN for running an inflamatory piece stating that Walsh claimed he had very damaging evidence against the Patriots even though Fish nor anyone else had seen the evidence in question to even know if it existed or it was in fact damaging.

I blame Asante for dropping the easiest INT he ever had the opportunity to catch.

Dare I say it, but I think the Pats not taking the Giants as seriously as they should have contributed more to the Super Bowl loss than Tomase's story. It was almost as if our boys came out and expected the Lombardi to simply be handed to them on a golden plate. I will admit though that, as a fan, I have no clue what effect the story had on them. I can only tell you what I saw through drunken eyes.

SI must be having trouble selling mags. In the Internet age, I'm sure their sales are down, but they must be really way off to put out this garbage. How about some more:

1. Top 10 super bowl venues in terms of crime.

2. Top 10 super bowl venues in terms of prostitution.

3. Bars

whatever

The Janet Jackson nipple was Pats-Carolina too, so 4 out of 10 were SBs with the Pats in them:eek:

Don't give that jerk any credit. He does not have that much power.

Things like that happen in sports. That's why they play the game. As flat as they were, it still took a 1 in 1million catch of a flutter ball for them to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots