PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have "preliminary" interest in Arian Foster

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats are going to pick up Foster, they will need to limit his reps to make him most effective and stave off injury. He's an IR designation waiting to happen. He certainly wasn't my first choice in the offseason, and I wish that they would have drafted a back, but the need is very much there. If he can pass a physical, I say do it.

Apparently the Broncos have reached out to Foster as well.

Seems like his market is starting to heat up.

Get it done Bill.
This would bump eitber Bolden Blount or the glass man off the roster.

I would much rather see them make a bigger move and go get Jamal Charles from K.C. The Chefs paid both his backups and there's a good chance they are willing to deal Charles, the question is whether they would deal him to the favorite to win the AFC?

I would much rather see them make a bigger move and go get Jamal Charles from K.C. The Chefs paid both his backups and there's a good chance they are willing to deal Charles, the question is whether they would deal him to the favorite to win the AFC?

Nope. Especially not a team they expect to meet in the playoffs. They'll send him to the NFC if they even dangle him.

If the Pats are going to pick up Foster, they will need to limit his reps to make him most effective and stave off injury. He's an IR designation waiting to happen. He certainly wasn't my first choice in the offseason, and I wish that they would have drafted a back, but the need is very much there. If he can pass a physical, I say do it.
He'd be a great mid season pickup but, sadly he should have a team before the season. Honestly Steven Jackson looked pretty good that one time they blocked for him. I'd consider him late in the season again.

I'd love a RB corps of Blount AFoster Lewis and DJFoster (assuming he can outplay White). Two bell cows (one who can catch) and two Woodhead/Faulks.

I know Bolden is great on ST but that can't keep him around forever.

Seems like his market is heating up, yeah. The Dolphins had him in a couple weeks ago and now he's been semi-linked to the Pats and Broncos. I saw on Twitter somewhere that he should be able to pass a physical within 1-2 weeks - if teams think this is true then they may have "preliminary interest" in bringing him in for a workout once he is able, which would be soon.

He'd be a great mid season pickup but, sadly he should have a team before the season. Honestly Steven Jackson looked pretty good that one time they blocked for him. I'd consider him late in the season again.

That you're even posting about these two is somewhat disappointing. There were some very fresh, young backs in the draft that could have made a difference. I would love to know what Lombardi, Belichick, and the rest of the scouting department didn't see there. But it is what it is.

That you're even posting about these two is somewhat disappointing. There were some very fresh, young backs in the draft that could have made a difference. I would love to know what Lombardi, Belichick, and the rest of the scouting department didn't see there. But it is what it is.
Yeah, agreed. Seems odd they didn't grab someone in the later rounds.

Teams linked to Foster: Patriots, Dolphins, Broncos

Denvers RBs:

Anderson (Top 10 highest paid at position)
Hillman 1 year 2 million
Booker 4th round pick

Sure, Denver has Foster's former HC but that spot doesn't seem attractive from a playing time standpoint.

Does winning matter at all to Foster? The Dolphins are destined for last place in the AFC East again. That team is a mess.

The Dolphins can offer the most playing time and probably $. We could offer an incentive-laden deal for yardage totals. All Foster would have to do to earn serious playing time would be to beat out Blount.

Denver and Miami both drafted backs early,
Denver has Anderson Id take them out the running.
Miami had Ajaji who they love and Drake.
Honestly a banged up Lewis and a Blount coming back from injury maybe the more favorable group to get carries.

Whole Family checking out Boston.
Where theres smoke
Think this gets done and official in the next 2 weeks.

WHOA! Slow down everybody. Reiss reports today that the Pats have shown NO interest in Foster thus far, have NOT talked to him or reached out to him and he still hasnt passed a physical. Reiss is by far the most trusted Pats source(along with Curran), so I'll take his word over anybody elses. Unlike fools like jason cole, reiss and curran arent trying to call attention to themselves by "breaking" a story. They both do what true journalists do- they both sit on a lot of rumors,etc and dont go public until theyve checked and rechecked. Its more important to "get it right" than to throw **** on a wall hoping it sticks. Oth, he did say theres no reason they WOULDNT talk to him IF and WHEN he passes his physical.

I call ********. The Pats met with him....somewhere. Arian Foster doesn't just come to MA in July to attend a Sox game vs Cleveland.

I think because of his stature in the league and respect BB has for vets, they wanted to spare him the indignity of, "Foster left NE without a contract." and are spinning it as a pleasure visit.
The Sox don't play Cleveland in July but I can see waiting until the last minute to sign him. One is to make sure he's healthy and two is to limit his reps in practice and pre-season games. There's no reason for him to take a beating in late-July and into August. Save him after he shows you something. I still think he'd be a good fit but injury issues and age are not on his side.

The Sox don't play Cleveland in July but I can see waiting until the last minute to sign him. One is to make sure he's healthy and two is to limit his reps in practice and pre-season games. There's no reason for him to take a beating in late-July and into August. Save him after he shows you something. I still think he'd be a good fit but injury issues and age are not on his side.
He's 29 right? Same as Blount.

Given that he can't pass a physical right now, I'm not surprised the interest is being called preliminary.

WHOA! Slow down everybody. Reiss reports today that the Pats have shown NO interest in Foster thus far, have NOT talked to him or reached out to him and he still hasnt passed a physical. Reiss is by far the most trusted Pats source(along with Curran), so I'll take his word over anybody elses. Unlike fools like jason cole, reiss and curran arent trying to call attention to themselves by "breaking" a story. They both do what true journalists do- they both sit on a lot of rumors,etc and dont go public until theyve checked and rechecked. Its more important to "get it right" than to throw **** on a wall hoping it sticks. Oth, he did say theres no reason they WOULDNT talk to him IF and WHEN he passes his physical.

i agree on reiss, but he doesn't know everything that goes on within Gillette stadium.

He's 29 right? Same as Blount.
Yes, but look at his workload. He has twice as many touches as Blount, so yeah, he's "older" than Blount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back