PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have filed an amicus brief in support of Brady/NFLPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraft, like myself, seems like a man uncertain of Brady's guilt or innocence...

thestupiditburns.jpg

If Brady stood up at the podium, TODAY, and said that he ordered people to take air out of footballs after they were inspected in the 2014 AFCCG,

I would be very angry with him for lying to us, TODAY, because we know that nobody took any air out of footballs after they were inspected in that game, because nothing tells you more about PSI in a football than measuring PSI in a football. Shockingly, it is even more relevant than texts from long ago between dorito ****s joking about giving their wives the big needle.

Finally read the brief. Hope it helps. :shrug:

Giving a hug sounds like blanket approval to me........

Roger Goodell, Patriots' Robert Kraft reportedly hug it out; could they resolve Deflategate penalties?

Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft already have met, spoke and even hugged, per an industry source who witnessed it.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 19, 2015

OK, so, what about Brady's numerous hugs w/ Kraft all during the season, including the much made fun of pregame hug and peck on the cheek Brady gave Kraft on the sidelines?

If Brady still gives Kraft blanket approval, doesn't that tell us more than any prepared statement to the media? After all, if we take at face value what everyone says to the media, than Goodell has simply been trying to protect the integrity of the league the whole time.

attending arthur blanks exclusive parties > supporting the greatest player

Of course, Patriots never cheated in any way, shape or form, ever. What is relevant is the majority NFL's owners' disdain for the Boston franchise, since its inception in '60, along with the AFL. They reveled in pointing and laughing at us through our many struggles over the years, and grudgingly assigned Orthwein to clean up the latest mess in '93. When the unselfish and humble Kraft unexpectedly used his own financial and business resources to cause the team to prosper, those owners descendant from the losers in the '60's who tried to put the AFL out of business resented and hated the Patriots for having the temerity to win consistently and fairly on the field. Patriots fans are misguided insofar as the extent to which they accept having their real logo and uniforms ruined in 1993 for no good reason by the league, and have spent 23 years looking at their team dressed up like some arena league retreads or WFL castoffs.

Of course, Patriots never cheated in any way, shape or form, ever. What is relevant is the majority NFL's owners' disdain for the Boston franchise, since its inception in '60, along with the AFL. They reveled in pointing and laughing at us through our many struggles over the years, and grudgingly assigned Orthwein to clean up the latest mess in '93. When the unselfish and humble Kraft unexpectedly used his own financial and business resources to cause the team to prosper, those owners descendant from the losers in the '60's who tried to put the AFL out of business resented and hated the Patriots for having the temerity to win consistently and fairly on the field. Patriots fans are misguided insofar as the extent to which they accept having their real logo and uniforms ruined in 1993 for no good reason by the league, and have spent 23 years looking at their team dressed up like some arena league retreads or WFL castoffs.

This is just a little samba, built upon a single note
Other notes are sure to follow but the root is still that note
Now this new note is the consequence of the one we've just been through
As I'm bound to be the unavoidable consequence of you
There's so many people who can talk and talk and talk

And just say nothing or nearly nothing
I have used up all the scale I know and at the end I've come
To nothing I mean nothing

So I come back to my first note as I must come back to you
I will pour into that one note all the love I feel for you
Any one who wants the whole show show do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ci-do
He will find himself with no show better play the note you know

no-rust.jpg

meanwhile, Joe Kerr has filed an INIMICUS brief with Rocco "Bullets" Badway in support of the immediate disappearance of Roger Goodell from the ranks of the living...

I will be as objective as possible on the subject, because nobody is innocent in this situation.

Kraft is supporting Brady to the best of his ability. It's not his job to do it, but he's a just man, apparently. He's obviously paying the hourly salaries of those top-notch lawyers. The PA ain't paying them and I know the Bundchen-Bradys ain't paying that kind of money either. We can argue about their net worth being in the millions, but it's not like they got millions waiting in the bank. These celebs have years of expenses, huge bills, taxes and they splurge on overpriced random stuff, just like everybody else. They are budgeting and living on borrowed funds, they just do it on a higher scale. Even Overpaid-ton Manning claims he won't sue AJ and listed legal expenses as one of the reasons.

It's Kraft paying Brady back for all those pay-cuts that he's taken over the years. Though I would consider Kraft's business relationship with Brady (referring Patriot players to TB12 center) a bonus. He probably doesn't even charge Brady rent for that joint.

It's Kraft using his influence to allow the Washington Post to inform the sheep-like public and defend Brady. Anybody actually believe Brady has that type of pull?

Kraft used his money to fund the website that shredded the Wells Report.

Kraft used his influence to try and have Brady sell out the ball boys and take a game for lack of cooperation. It's the best deal Brady's going to get. Yet his conscience wouldn't allow it.

It's Kraft who sacrificed the fine and loss of picks to protect his QB from being suspended, but the deciding or influential parties of the 31 decided that Brady was going down.

Kraft, like myself, seems like a man uncertain of Brady's guilt or innocence, but Brady has taken it this far, so what does it mean? It shows that this losing battle can somehow convince the public and some media that he's innocent. His lawyers have made this more about the cba, than about his innocence. Is this a ploy to distract the public from his actual guilt? Everybody loves the story of a hero taking down the big, rich and powerful machine. Luke Skywalker vs Darthvader and Death Star. I can't even recall them ever using the word "innocent" in any of their arguments to defend their client. If Brady defeats the league on the grounds of the Goodell abusing his power, then he will be celebrated among the masses, he will once again be a winner and the fact that he deflated balls, even if he did it, will be irrelevant and forgotten.

Ted Wells claimed, during a phone interview, that Brady was guilty. Yet we've heard that Pash edited the report and more than likely changed Wells's finding to "more probable than not," to make Brady's innocence 49% possible. He was protecting Brady and the 32, before Brady went rogue and decided to protect some part-timers, who may or may not have deflated balls for him.

I'm still curious about McNally's role with the balls, because from my understanding his position doesn't even require him to pump balls or anything like that. So what was he doing with the balls?

This leads me to believe that they may deflate balls, during some games, but didn't deflate them against the Colts. The league have known this for years, but didn't care and now, outside of hearsay, they can't prove it.

Brady got in the way of the Make-Luck-A-Superstar campaign and the league is punishing him for it. They tried to blow up some minor infraction, that they can't prove because they didn't consider nature. The PA will save this argument for last because a more informed person could argue that it wasn't cold enough to affect ball pressure, but then again they didn't record the initial ball pressure. Now they look like fools. Brady is, to their shock, fighting the allegation.

I don't think anybody is innocent in this matter. The NFL made their plans to go after Brady obvious, when they exonerate the coaches from scheme. No way Brady played with deflated balls without Belichick's knowledge.
Brady's phone situation is suspect, though, Im sure it has more to do possible infidelity, drugs or something to ruin the illusion of his clean-cut image than deflating a ball. If he's innocent, he should've just been up front about it during the investigation, but he was hiding something, and it made the guilt claims credible.

What the **** did I just read ?

I can't believe I am saying this but I am really looking forward to our batshit crazy game threads with all the overreaction and the drama because right now they seems like a more sane environment than the majority of posts this offseason.

I have no dog in this fight, but usually...

When somebody insists that something did happen and somebody insists that something did NOT happen, it's really up to the person claiming that it did happen to produce the evidence, rather than it being up to the person claiming that it didn't happen to prove that it didn't happen.

example, if you're a cop and want to give me a ticket for speeding yesterday, please show me the evidence that I was indeed speeding yesterday. I surely cannot definitively prove that I was not speeding, and it's pretty silly to ask me in the first place to prove a negative.

If I may follow up your excellent post, the origin of this blowhardery was the following: a post by Andy Johnson in which he made the following assertion:

For all the Kraft apologists patting him on the back for sweeping in and saving the day ask yourself

Why didn't he testify in Brady's behalf in the appeal when Brady asked him to. Why did he also refuse to testify by phone.

To which I replied:

This comes as news to me. Can you point me to evidence for it, please?

It genuinely was a request for information on my part -- which AJ brusquely told me to go and find for myself, since he was too busy.

It happened. Believe whatever you want. Or educate yourself. It was discussed on this board and in the media.

I don't take this board as dispositive for what did or didn't happen between Tom Brady and Robert Kraft [/SARCASM] and the only evidence that I have come across through my efforts at self-education is that it was reported that Mr Kraft was asked by the NFLPA to testify by phone but that he submitted an affidavit instead.

In other words, I am still waiting for information

(1) to support the claim that Brady asked Kraft to testify in his appeal, but

(2) that he refused, and

(3) that his unavailability to testify by phone constituted a "refusal" on Kraft's part.

I am now done with this discussion.

AKA: We know our **** and this NFL stuff don't fly right.

@WallachLegal expects that we'll know something in about three weeks. He expects CA2 will either order the NFL to reply or dismiss the request for rehearing by then.

AKA: We know our **** and this NFL stuff don't fly right.

Goodell is a chazzer. It's Yiddish for pig. It's the guy who wants more than he needs. He don't fly straight no more...

Hint: Pacino movie.:)

attending arthur blanks exclusive parties > supporting the greatest player

When has Kraft ever attended a party thrown by Arthur Blank?

Or attended a party thrown by any other NFL owner, for that matter, outside what's expected of him in the course of conducting business as a team owner?

It's this kind of comment that tells me that the Kraft-haters have, much like Kensil, Goodell, Wells, et al. did with Brady, preemptively decided on someone's guilt, and then percieved only that which would fit their preconceived narrative.

From a post a while back:
On this week’s edition of Kirk Minihane’s “Enough About Me” podcast, Sirius XM radio host Chris “Mad Dog” Russo said he has spoken with nine NFL owners who told him that the Deflategate discipline handed down by commissioner Roger Goodell was more about punishing Patriots owner Robert Kraft than it was suspending quarterback Tom Brady.

“They want to get TV ratings,” Russo told Minihane, who then proceeded to spell out the thought process of the owners he spoke with.

“’Do you think we want Goodell to suspend the best player in the league? Its star? For the first four games of the regular season, which includes a game against the Cowboys and the first opening Thursday night game of the year?

“‘We got Kraft. We don’t like Kraft. We got him already. We nailed him for a million dollars, and he lost a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick. And we made sure that Kraft did not appeal it because we all bombarded him at the owners’ meetings and said ‘Bob, you’ve got no support here. Do what you have to do. You have no support. Nobody is going to back you up.’”

He added: “So Kraft took the sword and that was the end of it. ‘We didn’t need Brady, too. We got Kraft.’ ”

So maybe Bob woke up, saw the writing on the wall and realizes he does not have the pull that he thought he did. Who knows. Better late than never I guess but this would have been way more helpful a year ago.

WTF did Kraft do to the other owners other than be successful and help the league be successful? SMH.. Makes no sense to me..

WTF did Kraft do to the other owners other than be successful and help the league be successful? SMH.. Makes no sense to me..
His comments that Dallas and Washington should shut up and accept their punishments during the uncapped year rightfully pissed off at least two owners.

From a post a while back:
On this week’s edition of Kirk Minihane’s “Enough About Me” podcast, Sirius XM radio host Chris “Mad Dog” Russo said he has spoken with nine NFL owners who told him that the Deflategate discipline handed down by commissioner Roger Goodell was more about punishing Patriots owner Robert Kraft than it was suspending quarterback Tom Brady.

“They want to get TV ratings,” Russo told Minihane, who then proceeded to spell out the thought process of the owners he spoke with.

“’Do you think we want Goodell to suspend the best player in the league? Its star? For the first four games of the regular season, which includes a game against the Cowboys and the first opening Thursday night game of the year?

“‘We got Kraft. We don’t like Kraft. We got him already. We nailed him for a million dollars, and he lost a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick. And we made sure that Kraft did not appeal it because we all bombarded him at the owners’ meetings and said ‘Bob, you’ve got no support here. Do what you have to do. You have no support. Nobody is going to back you up.’”

He added: “So Kraft took the sword and that was the end of it. ‘We didn’t need Brady, too. We got Kraft.’ ”

My theory in answer to your question: what Kraft did was back Belichick. They wanted to bring down Belichick in 2007 and thought that they had him. But Kraft stuck by him. Since then, they've had it in for Kraft.

My theory in answer to your question: what Kraft did was back Belichick. They wanted to bring down Belichick in 2007 and thought that they had him. But Kraft stuck by him. Since then, they've had it in for Kraft.

I believe this as well. The "cheating" BS was running like a Canandian wildifire and I believe BB was slated to be suspended for the rest of the 2007 season and Krafty saved him by not fighting and accepting that absurd penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes