PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have filed an amicus brief in support of Brady/NFLPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ot, but I hope that in the next labor negotiations the NFLPA holds out for Goodell to resign.

I'd gladly give up a year of the NFL, post-Brady, for that turd to leave office in disgrace.

Interesting one now has to wonder how many of his desents went En Banc.
That was the next question asked but Ted Olden didn't know the answer, he was very impressive on the show, he made the whole case easy to understand. Goody suspended TB for being generally aware, he knew that wouldn't fly so he upheld his decision based on TB not turning over his phone and concocting a scheme. You can't change the reason for the suspension at arbitration, you either uphold on the original reason or change it based on any new info related to that reason. Kessler should have hammered this point home and kept the hearing on track. If TB had TO at the CA2 hearing it would have been a different outcome.

Last edited:
It's probably more than that but Irsay's tripping his sox off and is unable to count ATM.
Guaranteed it's more than 3. And they can all go F themselves.

Meanwhile :

Hurley: Patriots' Amicus Brief Could -- And Should -- Make Major Impact In Tom Brady's Appeal

But the bottom line is this: After a major victory for management in a labor-law battle against a union, a member of management is taking the union’s side and is asking the Court to side with the union. If it’s not completely unprecedented, it’s remarkably rare — even in the unique arena of multi-billion dollar sports industries.

That was the next question asked but Ted Olden didn't know the answer, he was very impressive on the show, he made the whole case easy to understand. Goody suspended TB for being generally aware, he knew that wouldn't fly so he upheld his decision based on TB not turning over his phone and concocting a scheme. You can't change the reason for the suspension at arbitration, you either uphold on the original reason or change it based on any new info related to that reason. Kesller should have hammered this point home and kept the hearing on track. If TB had TO at the CA2 hearing it would have been a different outcome.

Olsen has pretty much laid out in bare bones the nature of the witchhunt. Goodell's "integrity" is finally on trial, which is why it is so nice to see this coupled with the NFL tampering with the concussion study, it shows just how slimey they really are.

Here's a great irony

There were those who believed the conspiracy to railroad Brady was used to cover for the concerns over the movie CONCUSSION and this story, which the league had to know was coming their way. Now that narrative is coming in at the worst possible time and Goodell is looking mighty threadbare.

Last edited:
I'm sure you think Deflategate was handled properly after a fair and balanced investigation too.

Come on, don't be stupid.

Thinking a game where our team had a 14 point 4th quarter lead WASN'T rigged and the sham stupidity of Deflategate is a completely separate matter.

And I'm sure you think little green men crashed at Area 51, JFK was an inside job and the moon landing was faked too...

Guess which 3....

Owners aren't coming up with this. They're mouthpieces for the League. They want to remain anonymous so they won't look like schmucks shilling for Goebbels Goodell's talking points. All that Park Avenue cares about is image and PR, so why wouldn't they think that's what BK's motivation is. Ergo, get some shills out fast to do some sniper damage.

There was a hold that looked identical to that on the last second Brady pass to Thompson against the Saints in 2013. It went uncalled as well. Saints fans bit.ched about it but we sure didn't care.
Was more about the consistency of the calls. Bs hold on Tre Jackson took away a huge catch.

Owners aren't coming up with this. They're mouthpieces for the League. They want to remain anonymous so they won't look like schmucks shilling for Goebbels Goodell's talking points. All that Park Avenue cares about is image and PR, so why wouldn't they think that's what BK's motivation is. Ergo, get some shills out fast to do some sniper damage.

I wonder if Goodell would have the balls to try to suspend Kraft for his actions and claim that it violates the NFL Constitution, sort of a conduct detrimental...integrity and all...... Then he could appoint a "receiver/trustee" from the league office to run the team.....I'm only half joking but I can see Goodell acting vindictively (overcompensating for his small........)...That would set off a sh*tstorm of epic proportions....

It's a forum to discuss anything Patriots related. He expressed an opinion about the owner of the team. Someone responded positively, so it's safe to assume that someone gave a ****.

I'm not convinced .... You need to show me more

Come on, don't be stupid.

Thinking a game where our team had a 14 point 4th quarter lead WASN'T rigged and the sham stupidity of Deflategate is a completely separate matter.

And I'm sure you think little green men crashed at Area 51, JFK was an inside job and the moon landing was faked too...
So it's only a conspiracy when you say it is. Ok.

I wonder if Goodell would have the balls to try to suspend Kraft for his actions and claim that it violates the NFL Constitution, sort of a conduct detrimental...integrity and all...... Then he could appoint a "receiver/trustee" from the league office to run the team.....I'm only half joking but I can see Goodell acting vindictively (overcompensating for his small........)...That would set off a sh*tstorm of epic proportions....
Well he can if he wants to...

Article 9.1(C)(4) of the Constitution & Bylaws states that no team may “[p]ublicly criticize any member club or its management, personnel, employees, or coaches and/or any football official employed by the league.” The provision then requires that “[a]ll complaints or criticism in respect to the foregoing shall be made to the Commissioner only and shall not be publicized directly or indirectly.”

Well he can if he wants to...

The day goody pulls any **** like that will be the day Kraft gives his lawyers the nod to represent the dorito dinks (used in a light hearted friendly way) in seperate defamation suits, on his dime. I'd also wager Kraft opens up the war chest, I'm sure there's an AG with political asperations that would be happy to oblige...

LMAO, what am I talking about. Kraft would have goodell in his box the next hoke game, and would be caught dropping from his booster seat to his knees.

I'm still not sure which part is sarcastic...

Can you try that again in English this time???

Sure......given you're too stupid to understand it as is

Besides yourself, do you think anyone gives a crap that Kraft needs to show YOU more?

Which 3 owners?

Jones
Bisciotti
McNair

Besides yourself, do you think anyone gives a crap that Kraft needs to show YOU more?

C'mon IC, even you can admit some consistency would be nice.

"We demand an apology."

"Ending the rhetoric" + hugs and hob knobbing.

"Wrong to put my trust in the league."

"Goodell is doing a great job." "The lawyers..."

Latest brief.

He's all over the place, but I'm leaning towards he's bs with the entire NFLFO after green lighting that brief. Problem is, based on past actions, he could be seen laughing it up over coffee in NY with Goody any day. Or he could legitimately have decided enough is enough, I'm holding out hope that the latter is true, and we see some evidence of it at some point.

Thanks for the ad hominum attack. Try reading your original sentence aloud, it makes no sense... As for my comment ( which was liked by 5 people- so I guess you tell me) it was reflective of me as an individual fan giving my opinion of how his actions have not been consistent in support of his franchise quarterback, vacillating between supporting Brady and the Commissioner. Kraft doesn't have to show me anything but if he wants the fans support, he needs to be consistent.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back