PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have #1 offense (PPG) in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, to be honest i like that kind of defense better than the steelers or ravens "beat you up" defense. I like turnovers alot more than forcing a punt (unless you block them like the pats did tonight :))

men, thats absurd. I ll take Pittsburg defense by a mile over GB or NO . BY A MILE. Main difference is that the Saints have Brees, the Steelers have Rapelisberger

Pittsburg Defense is on another level IMO

You could make an argument that you prefer GB / NO defense style over Ravens / Jets Style. I think it depends on what type of offense you have as well as your opponent.

Top 5 Offenses in NFL (PPG)

1. Patriots (30.8)
2. Colts (27.2)
3. Titans (27.0)
4. Jets (26.5)
5. Chargers (26.2)

Saying the NEP offense has the #1 offense in PPG is extremely misleading to the point of being totally false.

The NEP as a team has scored more points per game than any other team in the league scoring on average 30.8 points. With the Colts coming in second at 27.2.

However, so far this year the NEP have scored 5 def/ST TDs. The Colts have scored one def/st TDs. The NEP team has scored 154 points in 5 games resulting in the 30.8 number. However, if we back out 6 points for each def/ST TD (still giving the offense credit for the extra point or 2 point conversion) than NEP OFFENSE have scored 124 points with an average of 24.8. OTOH the Colts offense has 26.2 points per game. In fact 5 teams offenses have scored more PPG than NEP offense.

The NEP def/st leads the league (tied with Cards) at 5 TDs scored.

Saying the NEP offense has the #1 offense in PPG is extremely misleading to the point of being totally false.

The NEP as a team has scored more points per game than any other team in the league scoring on average 30.8 points. With the Colts coming in second at 27.2.

However, so far this year the NEP have scored 5 def/ST TDs. The Colts have scored one def/st TDs. The NEP team has scored 154 points in 5 games resulting in the 30.8 number. However, if we back out 6 points for each def/ST TD (still giving the offense credit for the extra point or 2 point conversion) than NEP OFFENSE have scored 124 points with an average of 24.8. OTOH the Colts offense has 26.2 points per game. In fact 5 teams offenses have scored more PPG than NEP offense.

The NEP def/st leads the league (tied with Cards) at 5 TDs scored.

Your taking away points from the Offense but you have to take into account the 5 less possesions they have as a result of the 5 TD's. Youhave to assume the Offense would score some points in five extra drives.

Your taking away points from the Offense but you have to take into account the 5 less possesions they have as a result of the 5 TD's. Youhave to assume the Offense would score some points in five extra drives.

Maybe, maybe not. But points/per possession would be a different stat.

I mean...really...who gives a rat's *****...

Patriots remain #1 in the NFL in PPG after week 7

1. Patriots (29.5)
2. Titans (28.4)
3. Colts (27.2)
4. Jets (26.5)
5. Raiders (25.6)

Patriots remain #1 in the NFL in PPG after today's games.

1. Patriots (29.3)
2. Titans (28)
3. Colts (27.2)
4. Raiders (26.5)
5. Chargers (26.2)

The Patriots are #1 in points per game. The Patriot offense is not. Crediting an offense with points scored on a pick six, punt return or kick return seem misleading. Understand that no one is taking away points from the offense if the defense gives them the ball on the 10 yard line, just actual points scored by the defense, fg blcoking team or return teams. For the patriots, that's 5 TD's or 35 points.

And yes, points per possession is a completely different stat.

Bragging rights on points score don't matter much. That's not the issue. We just shouldn't delude ourselves into belieing that we have the offense of 2007 and the highest flying offense in the league. It just isn't true. The great part is that the offense is a solid offense (ONE of the best), is improving and is making few forced errors.

I don't care how we get the points, just that we get them.

I don't care how we get the points, just that we get them.

I agree with that 100%.

But your title is false. The NEP TEAM (off, def and ST) have scored more points than any other team. The NEP Off has not scored more than any other teams offense.

Current top 10 PPG averages including only rushing TDs, receiving TDs, FGs and XPs:
1 25.86 Indianapolis Colts
2 25.75 Tennessee Titans
3 25 New England Patriots
3 25 San Diego Chargers (tied)
3 25 New York Giants (tied)
6 24.29 Houston Texans
7 24 Oakland Raiders
8 23.71 Philadelphia Eagles
9 23 Detroit Lions
9 23 Atlanta Falcons (tied)

ETA: For reference, the bottom 5:

28 15.38 San Francisco 49ers
29 15.14 Cleveland Browns
30 14.71 Seattle Seahawks
31 13.86 Arizona Cardinals
32 11.86 Carolina Panthers

Last edited:
1. Patriots (28.6)
2. Titans (26.8)
3. Colts (26.7)
4. Chargers (26.6)
5. Giants (26.2)

We scored 39 points (7 via defense) against the #1 defense (15.4 PPG) in the league, on the road.

Last edited:
Current top 10 PPG averages including only rushing TDs, receiving TDs, FGs and XPs:
1 25.86 Indianapolis Colts
2 25.75 Tennessee Titans
3 25 New England Patriots
3 25 San Diego Chargers (tied)
3 25 New York Giants (tied)
6 24.29 Houston Texans
7 24 Oakland Raiders
8 23.71 Philadelphia Eagles
9 23 Detroit Lions
9 23 Atlanta Falcons (tied)

Nice breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back