PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots had a son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extreme man love in this thread ... :scared:

Extreme man love in this thread ... :scared:

====================================================

It is a little syrupy.

All respect to the Pats, and to the Saints for there SB win, there is no doubt the Pats with there hall of fame coach and maybe hall of fame owner have influenced the NFL greatly.

The problem is that the system does not work without a Brady or Brees, and if you do have Brady or a Brees then you can make about any system work.

Glad to see you again pherein. Has the party slowed down a bit there? :D

I think the Pats have influenced the entire NFL to a degree, but I really have a lot of respect for Payton. He's a young coach who has learned from BB, but also from Parcells and others, and has become his own man. The Super Bowl was his coming-of-age party.

I know people will disagree on many of his decisions, like the 4th down attempt at the end of the first half and the onside kick to start the half. But simply put, Payton was willing to put his neck on the line. Most other coaches would just play it safe, and if they lose, it was the players fault. They didn't execute. But if those plays backfired, everyone blames Payton for the loss. And he was okay with that. Truly admirable.

So I respectfully disagree with you. Payton and the Saints may have learned some tricks from the Pats, but you guys have become your own organization, with a Super Bowl to defend now. I have no doubt Payton will look to the Pats again to see some of the things they did to repeat, but I also have no doubt he'll also look elsewhere and continue to learn and develop as a coach.

It'll be a tough year with everyone aiming for you. You've got the bulls eye now. But it's a challenge I'm sure you guys look forward to.

Last edited:
Pherein - enjoy this ride... the players and the fans earned it and with the exception of the general Indiana area, pretty much the entire football nation is both proud and happy to watch what the 'Aint's achieved.

It's a great football story.

That being said if the success continue's everyone in the football world will be hating you guys too... :D

But I agree as of late there've been a ton of stories reminding us of how much "competition" there now is for Patriots-type players out there.

Last edited:
Glad to see you again pherein. Has the party slowed down a bit there? :D

I think the Pats have influenced the entire NFL to a degree, but I really have a lot of respect for Payton. He's a young coach who has learned from BB, but also from Parcells and others, and has become his own man. The Super Bowl was his coming-of-age party.

I know people will disagree on many of his decisions, like the 4th down attempt at the end of the first half and the onside kick to start the half. But simply put, Payton was willing to put his neck on the line. Most other coaches would just play it safe, and if they lose, it was the players fault. They didn't execute. But if those plays backfired, everyone blames Payton for the loss. And he was okay with that. Truly admirable.

So I respectfully disagree with you. Payton and the Saints may have learned some tricks from the Pats, but you guys have become your own organization, with a Super Bowl to defend now. I have no doubt Payton will look to the Pats again to see some of the things they did to repeat, but I also have no doubt he'll also look elsewhere and continue to learn and develop as a coach.

It'll be a tough year with everyone aiming for you. You've got the bulls eye now. But it's a challenge I'm sure you guys look forward to.

hey convertedpatsfan ,

No the party is just getting started :), we are a big football state so Im pretty sure this party will last until our first banner is hung in the Dome. Its pretty crazy fun here.

I think you put it pretty well, and theres nothing I can disagree with, I might have been a little off the mark. Payton really did come into his own that day.

Most agree down here that it is going to be a tough next season and we are looking forward to it, but not so we can get a repeat, we know they will try their best again, we just really love football and watching the boys play.

good to hear from you.

It is a little syrupy.

All respect to the Pats, and to the Saints for there SB win, there is no doubt the Pats with there hall of fame coach and maybe hall of fame owner have influenced the NFL greatly.

The problem is that the system does not work without a Brady or Brees, and if you do have Brady or a Brees then you can make about any system work.

I agree, but it is the coach that picks brady or brees to be the qb, those critical decisions is what makes a team a good team.

I guess it seem syrupy,lol, but we are all friends here I have posted here before, and met many Pats for our game in N.O., and met with nothing but respect from the patriots fans and so have nothing but respect for them.

I say break out the pancakes:)

Pherein - enjoy this ride... the players and the fans earned it and with the exception of the general Indiana area, pretty much the entire football nation is both proud and happy to watch what the 'Aint's achieved.

It's a great football story.

That being said if the success continue's everyone in the football world will be hating you guys too... :D

But I agree as of late there've been a ton of stories reminding us of how much "competition" there now is for Patriots-type players out there.

hey joe, we cant actually believe we are going to be on America's game, this is to fun and we are trying to really enjoy it.

Pats fans probably know more about envy than any team in the last 10 years.
So I know you understand well about what you are saying. I think we'll win them over with southern charm and remembering their experience as a positive one, even if we do kick their bum:)

there will be haters, no matter how nice you act, and bandwagoners will be a problem now. But like when we played, we both had a good time. I hope we play and meet similar experiences. We like you are more about football and having a good time. But your right, what can you do about philly, to bad I think their fans are really missing the boat and not enjoying the players or the time.

Re: Same here.

dang, I really wish I had access to youtube. Oh well.
Hey Patjew,

Thanks for believing, this really ment everything to us, you really understand that, thanks

YouTube - Super Saints - "More Than A Championship"

It will be interesting to see how NO responds as champs next year. I bet Brees and Payton will keep everyone's heads on straight.

You know they will try their best. A SB is beyond belief down here, but a franchise were we might be in the playoffs maybe 5-6 times in 10 years, that would be truly great to see. oh right theres no youtube in china , can I send it to you?

Last edited:

It is a little syrupy.

Chargers couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back