Patriots gear up for the Jaguars tonight - What to watch for

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots gear up for the Jaguars tonight - What to watch for
By: Steve Balestrieri

The New England Patriots open the 2011 pre-season tonight for a game with the Jacksonville Jaguars. It is an exciting time now that football is back in swing and we all should have football every week now until the month of February.

With that in mind what can we expect to see tonight from the revamped and re-tooled Patriots under Bill Belichick? During this spring’s draft, the Patriots stocked up on offensive talent. During the abbreviated free agency period, they’ve been busy signing mostly defensive players. I doubt Albert Haynesworth will play; they’ve been holding him out of practice to get him ready for the season. With that in mind, this is what we look for tonight:...

Last edited by a moderator:
I lot of the players I wanted to see are likely out; Ras-I, Vareen, Haynesworth, Gronk ect.

I want to see Mayo at the Sam (how he holds up in coverage) and if it allows him fly around making more big plays.

Looking forward to the progression of Mallet and Price and to see how our #1 pick holds up at LT

I lot of the players I wanted to see are likely out; Ras-I, Vareen, Haynesworth, Gronk ect.

I want to see Mayo at the Sam (how he holds up in coverage) and if it allows him fly around making more big plays.

I had a dream last night that Vareen scored our first TD of the pre-season on a 5-yard red zone scamper. :rocker: Maybe that was actually the first season TD?

Last edited:
its

Vereen

ec204e557134300fce67b46e88aa5756_MJZ1634.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am watching to see how Taylor Price plays.Also Brandon Tate.I want these young wrs to start showing something.

Last edited:
Man...can't believe we are actually getting some goddamn football today.

Need my fix today.

anyone know where I can stream the game? I currently live in Manhattan and the Seahawks game is being played on local TV instead.

I really don't want to have to go to a bar unless it's absolutely necessary.

anyone know where I can stream the game? I currently live in Manhattan and the Seahawks game is being played on local TV instead.

Google is your friend. :D

If anybody wants to respond, please do so via Private Message. The owner of this website has had his hand slapped previously for allowing the message board to provide links to such services.

thanks

NFL Network will show game Friday 4-7:00PM

What's the wager on JI making a thread about how much we suck this year if we lose?

Most of the guys I wanted to see are out tonight, Ocho will be the big one left for me.

imagine if Lee Smith and Yeatmen show amazing skills in camp and in games... How could we not carry 4 TE's just sayin;)

Last edited:
In no particular order...

How the backup QBs look, not such a big deal- Hoyer is solid, not much doubt there, but this is really the only opportunity to see them play, so it's interesting.

How the interior d line looks. Huge logjam there with a lot of guys having a chance at making the roster.

Yeatman and Smith, can't wait to see these two.

How often do we see 3-4, and which of the guys that have been at DE in 4 man lines all camp see time at OLB.

Cunningham, how he performs. 22 page thread based on speculation, second hand reports, and a lot of talk for the sake of talking. Let's see the mo-fo play already.

Tate, Price, and Edelman. Both at receiver and on punt/kick returns. I'm not as convinced as most that all 3 make the roster.

Is Ras I Dowling gonna play or is he still out?

Based on Ras-I not practicing......I'd say he's a scratch.....

Did anyone see him at TC the past few days?

Same with Vereen....don't think he's been at practice lately....

Want to see how Smith,Solder,Yeatman, Ridley and Mallett do....

Also Ocho with Brady throwing to him and Price also....

Hoping for BIG things from Price this year...hope I'm right. :eek:

Google is your friend. :D

If anybody wants to respond, please do so via Private Message. The owner of this website has had his hand slapped previously for allowing the message board to provide links to such services.

thanks

That is BS I saw this post and I had to speak up. This is a forum and the owner gets in trouble b/c a member posts a link to a streaming site? The government thinks they can control the internet. They can't handle all of us that stream. A certain site that I use was shut down by ICE (the Site however changed its address multiple time. (eg.- .net .tv .ma etc) the government will fail since at controlling mass shared content.:bricks:

LOL at the government trying to stop internet streaming. Good luck with that! It's the internet, one place shuts down, a new one opens up. Only way to stop it is to stop the internet. Shouldn't they be more focused on the deep web activity instead.

Okay, about tonight.

I really don't want to see Brady out there if the Pats starting line isn't ready. I want to see Hoyer play, I have never been too thrilled about him as a backup so I need to be convinced.

Matter of fact, we pretty much know what a lot of theses players can do, the pats have to make a lot of cuts so get all the question marks out there and lets see what they have.

I'm interested in seeing Mallett play, see what Solder has to offer, lets see what all the negative talk about Cunningham is about. Show me if Edelman is the second coming of Wes Welker, lets see our running backs. Throw inMerriweather too, lets see if he can play some smart football.

And to add some spice to it, give me a little touch of Woodhead, Welker, Ocho, Wilfork, Mayo and McCorty. Just a touch, nothing long term. I don't want any risk of injuries!

I dunno about streaming, but it is on the local NBC affiliate here in WMass (which is weird because it is on a CBS affiliate in Boston--WBZ). Maybe only channels in NE (and Jax) are carrying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down