PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Flop, Lose Welker, Get Three Seed Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if welker would have blown out his knee if the game was played on fieldturf as opposed to the grass in texas.

With a heading like that, I bet people will stop reading after Flop. I did.

Ugh, no offense, but this article annoyed the hell out of me.

Yes, the Pats didn't care about winning or losing the game (I guess for that reason I wouldn't call it a flop).

But more importantly, the idea that they should have been resting Welker in the first quarter is absurd. Unless a player is significantly dinged up going into a game like this, you at least want to play him for a few series to keep him sharp. Welker was injured in the first quarter. There's nothing to ***** about there.

If you want to legitimately ***** about something, then ***** about why Brady was still playing into the fourth quarter. My theory is that he originally wasn't supposed to, but when Welker went down they decided to give him more time with the Welker-less offense.

"Bill Belichick has to answer for why Welker was in there."

Yeah, right.

If Welker hadn't gotten hurt but Watson or Baker did, you'd be whining that BB needs to explain why he was playing a TE. Gimme a break. The Pats played to win. Good for them.

Last edited:
"Bill Belichick has to answer for why Welker was in there."

Yeah, right.

If Welker hadn't gotten hurt but Watson or Baker did, you'd be whining that BB needs to explain why he was playing a TE. Gimme a break. The Pats played to win. Good for them.

well if in fact the pats were playing to WIN as you state.....we are in a sad state of affairs. Then, once again, they have choked away ANOTHER game by playing soft and sloppy in the second half. If we were up by 14 pts in the 3rd qtr and could not keep a team from scoring 3 TD's ....we are up sh#t creek.......I am not sure WHAT BB's intention was as his decision making during that game was very erratic.....here comes Hoyer......led a nice drive......wait a sec.....what is Brady and Moss doing coming back into the game? Very puzzling......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down