Patriots Finally Lock Up Mankins, Agree to a 6 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Finally Lock Up Mankins, Agree to a 6 Year Deal
By: Ian Logue

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported moments ago via Twitter that the Patriots have locked up Logan Mankins for the next six years, with the two sides reportedly agreeing on a contract extension....

Logan Mankins Ready to Prove He's Worth Big-Money Contract Extension - NESN.com - Jeff Howe

"I don't want to be one of those guys that shows up to collect his check, or one of those guys who gets hurt every year," Mankins said. "Hopefully, I can stay healthy and give my best effort."

"I'm happy with it," Mankins said. "I'm ecstatic. It doesn't feel real yet, so I don't know how to take it yet. I'm very happy to be here, and moving forward, hopefully we have a good season, and hopefully I can help this team win games for the next six years if I make it that long."

"It's great," Mankins said. "I'm really happy I know I'm staying here for hopefully the rest of my career. I just want to thank the Krafts and their family, coach [Bill] Belichick and the guys upstairs. I'm glad this is done with, and very happy."

Mankins: Have to make sure I earn it - espnBoston - Mike Reiss

"That's one of the things I told my wife, 'Now I have to make sure I earn it.' I don't want to be one of those guys that shows up to collect his check or one of those who gets hurt every year, so hopefully I can stay healthy and give my best effort."

As for what sparked the deal, Mankins couldn't identify one specific thing.

"I don't know. Stuff just falls into place sometimes," he said.

Mankins also praised offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia.

"I think a lot of people probably take Dante for granted," he said. "He's, in my opinion, the best o-line coach in the league. I'm glad I get to play with him for a while longer. He works the dog out of us, but we're always in great shape during games, so we really appreciate his work."

We all know that the deal was sealed using my suggestion of throwing in a high end fully equipped farm combine, GPS, SIRIUS radio, A/C, hands free voice and control, the works.

We all know that the deal was sealed using my suggestion of throwing in a high end fully equipped farm combine, GPS, SIRIUS radio, A/C, hands free voice and control, the works.

And chrome-alloy stock gates and chutes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey