PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots "fan" holds Flutie drop kick ball hostage

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I was shocked to read that someone calling themselves a Pats fan would make the following demands in return for handing over a football the Patriots want to send off to the Hall of Fame to commemorate Flutie's drop kick - the first since 1948:

''1. Payment of ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND ($100,000.00) DOLLARS [lawyer's capitals] on delivery of the football.

''2. A guarantee of eight (8) season tickets for 25 years in the end zone (preferably sections 142 or 143).

''a. The season tickets will be paid for annually by my client at the then going price for season tickets. The Patriots would not be expected to pay for the tickets.

''3. Delivery by the Patriots to my client sometime in September, 2006, of a Tom Brady Patriots' football jersey signed by all the team members as of the beginning of the next football season."

Obviously the Pats aren't going to pay the guy $100,000.

If he doesn't want to give it up that's fine - but no reason to be a jerk about it.

Why doesn't he just demand that Tom Brady name his firstborn son after him while he's at it?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/01/29/a_get_rich_kick_scheme_fails/

No prob, you still da man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back