PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots expected to sign DL Alan Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, if I was rich and I was going out drinking, I would get a limo every time. These guys have no problems dropping a grand in a bar. Why not spend a few hundred bucks for a limo.

But I know there are a million excuses why they don't take advantage of this program, but it is something the average person doesn't have access to.

If i were rich, i would save my money. ;)

If i were rich, i would save my money. ;)

Me too if depending on how rich, but we are talking about NFL players who a large number make millions and go bankrupt. But if you are going to spend a grand on a bottle of Crystal or Dom at a club to act like a big guy, why not spend $300 on a limo?

Not expecting much from him. Hope he works out. When does Siliga get back? Against DET at the earliest?

I don't see how Alan Branch plays for the Pats this year. Skipped offseason workouts in Buffalo. Failed conditioning test when he reported. Arrested for DUI (puking out the car door, 0.14 BAC). Cut by Buffalo in late August. Out of football ever since.

Even if he were in shape, he's gotta be in line for suspension on the DUI rap.
If you
had to play in buffalo do you think you'd be straight? Must be really Boring

First, he will likely be suspended for his DUI rap after Dennard serves his suspension for his DUI rap. Ain't going to happen. His DUI was before the new drug policy where you can get suspended for DUI.

Second, Branch got lazy after getting for a new deal. He might be hungry again (and not in an eating food way) with him being cut served as a wake up call. He could have spent the time off getting into shape and realizing he is playing for a contract.

Also could you blame him for getting complacent spending an extended amount of time in fricken buffalo?

Bacause he's not a fit in 3-4 D.

As was talked about endlessly in week 1, the distinction of 3-4 or 4-3 really doesn't apply to today's game.

As was talked about endlessly in week 1, the distinction of 3-4 or 4-3 really doesn't apply to today's game.

But it wasn't true then, and it's not true now. The distinction obviously still applies.

If I were drunk at a club I would not want call a cab service provided by my employer. The NFL does not seem very open to their players using drugs and drinking large amounts of alcohol, and as a player I could not trust that my utilization of the transportation service would not come back to bite me. Imagine if teams found out that you rage every once and a while, and it hurt your market value.

I am not excusing drunk driving, but I can see why they don't want to use the NFL's transportation program.

If I were drunk at a club I would not want call a cab service provided by my employer. The NFL does not seem very open to their players using drugs and drinking large amounts of alcohol, and as a player I could not trust that my utilization of the transportation service would not come back to bite me. Imagine if teams found out that you rage every once and a while, and it hurt your market value.

I am not excusing drunk driving, but I can see why they don't want to use the NFL's transportation program.

It's possible that they could, you know, dip their hands in their own pockets for their own cab right?

Just like the rest of us do?

It's possible that they could, you know, dip their hands in their own pockets for their own cab right?

Just like the rest of us do?

In 2010, over 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.3 That's one percent of the 112 million self-reported episodes of alcohol-impaired driving among U.S. adults each year.4

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

Im no Ray Donovan, but for 50,000 a year Id chauffeur you around, sign a non-disclosure agreement and bring a clear headed approach to cleaning up after your nights out on the town.

Leave the cannoli, take the gun (times have changed).

Maybe this gravel pit in the back of your house isnt the best place to wack your friend.

Last edited:
I wonder if the signing is being held up because Branch cannot pass the conditioning run?

I wonder if the signing is being held up because Branch cannot pass the conditioning run?
They also need to cut someone, they may want to see how the returning OL are doing. Unlike Ayers, Branch has been out all year so he's probably not playing this week anyway.

To help plug the holes in run D, that drunk is exactly what the Patriots DL rotation needs. Allegedly, Kevin Faulk didn't mind a puff. He was one of my favorite Patriots.
I don't truly mind it either, I do wish they had better depth in the off season though

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes