PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots even taking over the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://canucks.nhl.com/

No not actually, just found it funny to see Tom Brady as the first image when entering the Canucks homepage. :D Here's the corresponding article...

rm0kfr.jpg

Sizing Up the Superbowl
Jeff Paterson

They are hockey players, not football stars, nevertheless as professional athletes a number of Canucks have developed a strong admiration for what the New England Patriots are trying to accomplish with a win over the New York Giants in Sunday’s Superbowl. Due to the number of games on the schedule, the perfect season is obviously unattainable in hockey, and yet the pursuit of perfection exists in every locker room in the National Hockey League.

So with a few days off during their southern road swing, you can be sure the Canucks will be gathering in front of a television to see if the Patriots can get the job done one last time and post the first unbeaten since in professional sports in 36 years. “In football, they play so few games and have so much time to prepare and it hasn’t been done and that alone tells you how tough it is,” says defenseman Aaron Miller. “I’m a big Bills fan because that’s where I grew up, but it’s something amazing and I don’t know if will be done again so I hope they do it. It would be something neat to see in my lifetime.” He’s amazed that with all the time teams have between games to prepare for the Patriots that somebody hasn’t been able to find a weakness and exploit it. “Every team really prepares and every team watches all the film and still they always find a way. Even after that first week when they got accused of cheating, you think maybe they’d face some adversity, but they just battled through it,” he says, adding that the Patriots run is all the more impressive considering they are the hunted every time they step on the field and always see the best their opponent has to offer.

For Ryan Kesler, the thing that stands out about the Patriots, is their continued hunger for success. Having won three of the last six NFL championships, the Pats could be excused if their motivation wasn’t always at its highest. But that’s simply not the case. It’s been fun to watch. When you go undefeated for that long, you tend to get relaxed and that leads to holes in your game. But even when they’re down, they seem to always have that push to come back,” says Kesler. “It (the quest for the perfect season) is something that is pretty special to watch. It’s a few less games than hockey, but at the same time, it’s still impressive.”

The Patriots still have one hurdle to clear and they’ll have to do it on the game’s grandest stage with the eyes of the sporting world focussed squarely upon them. A bunch of those eyes will belong to members of the Vancouver Canucks who will be watching eagerly to see what perfection looks like. Then they’ll be hoping to apply some of what they’ve seen to the stretch run of the National Hockey League season. The Canucks know they’ll never be able to run the table the way the Patriots have, but they can still borrow a page from New England’s playbook and strive to be perfect every time they play a game.

Last edited:
Nice, there was a nice mix of Pats and Giants fans at the Preds/Yotes game last night, they put a shot of a fan in a Harrison jersey on the big screen, he was booed, then they cut to a shot of Titans coach Jeff Fisher, he got a laugh out of it.
I had a Giants fan beside me last night. We had some nice smack going on before the game, She thought Eli was the greatest thing to hit NY in ages. :beersign:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes