PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots draft rumor inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

unleadedword

Rookie
Reaction score
The BSMW Game Day page has a chart up that lists out every college player that has been connected to the Patriots in some way, be it an interview at the combine, a private workout, or a college pro day workout.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/gameday/

There's a lot of work there.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Nice page!

On a side note, did the Pats workout Maroney last year?

Lots of TEs on that list

Nice page!

On a side note, did the Pats workout Maroney last year?

The pats did not work out pretty much all of there choices. No one knows the pats draft board. That list is a "hint" at best. Anyone can rise and fall on draft day.

Thanks for the link tho. Cool to check out.

Last edited:
Very cool thanks for the link.

They have met with Lamar Woodley and Desmond Bishop quite often.

The BSMW Game Day page has a chart up that lists out every college player that has been connected to the Patriots in some way, be it an interview at the combine, a private workout, or a college pro day workout.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/gameday/

There's a lot of work there.

Very cool, thanks. All this time I thought BSMW was just a site complaining about the media, not a topic I have any interest in but the draft breakdown is great.

The pats did not work out pretty much all of there choices. No one knows the pats draft board. That list is a "hint" at best. Anyone can rise and fall on draft day.

Thanks for the link tho. Cool to check out.

This is actually wrong. BB had private workouts with both Jackson & Mincey. NE also had team officials meet with Maroney, but I never heard anything about BB himself working Maroney out. I can't remember them all, but NE under BB has either had private workouts, or gone to the workout of a few of the players they have drafted the past few years. Some of these workouts none of us were supposed to know about, and we likely wouldn't have known about Lorenzo Booker's private workout if it wasn't for his writing about it, in his online diary.

I was interested in Booker before the workout, so I really like that NE has also shown at least some interest in him. Also, didn't the Patriots at least have some kind of workout with James Sanders?

Last edited:
This is actually wrong. BB had private workouts with both Jackson & Mincey. NE also had team officials meet with Maroney, but I never heard anything about BB himself working Maroney out. I can't remember them all, but NE under BB has either had private workouts, or gone to the workout of a few of the players they have drafted the past few years. Some of these workouts none of us were supposed to know about, and we likely wouldn't have known about Lorenzo Booker's private workout if it wasn't for his writing about it, in his online diary.

I was interested in Booker before the workout, so I really like that NE has also shown at least some interest in him. Also, didn't the Patriots at least have some kind of workout with James Sanders?

I said pretty much all. I do not believe they worked out Seymour, Wilfork, Warren and Graham. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression they did not work out most of there first round picks. I think Booker would be a nice pickup.

Last edited:

Maroney and Jackson were one of only 20 players allowed to be brought to Foxborough to work out here privately.

I said pretty much all. I do not believe they worked out Seymour, Wilfork, Warren and Graham. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression they did not work out most of there first round picks. I think Booker would be a nice pickup.

Yea Booker would be nice. He has very good receiving ability, great balance, good elusiveness, nice footwork, good vision, nice KR/PR ability, and is very hard to catch once he gets to the second level. Booker comes in a little light right now at 192lbs, but at 5'10" he could put on another 10-15 pounds and be even more of a duel threat. His receiving skills are very solid, and he could line up at WR simular to how Brian Westbrook, or Faulk sometimes lineup at WR.

I think there are a few guys missing. I thought the Patriots showed some interest in Courtney Taylor WR. The possession guy that two of the first round CBs have said was the toughest guy they had to cover, ever.

Especially when he tuned in a sub 4.5 forty.

I sort of recall something about John Wendling S Wyoming too...

Compare this list to the one put out the other day of a likely 3-4 team's draft list by Kirwan. Anybody missing ? I think not...

I think there are a few guys missing. I thought the Patriots showed some interest in Courtney Taylor WR. The possession guy that two of the first round CBs have said was the toughest guy they had to cover, ever.

Especially when he tuned in a sub 4.5 forty.

I sort of recall something about John Wendling S Wyoming too...

Compare this list to the one put out the other day of a likely 3-4 team's draft list by Kirwan. Anybody missing ? I think not...

Yea, Courtney taylor should be on that list. NE's WR coach had a private workout with Taylor. Also, that List only has Buster Davis as having a private workout, but he also had a long meeting with the Patriots during the combine, so he should be on there twice. I think Breer even wrote about the meeting on his blog. I know there are two other players the team has shown interest in, that aren't on that list (Andrea Allison and Craig Davis)

Last edited:
Yea, Courtney taylor shoud be on that list. NE's WR coach had a private workout with Taylor. Also, that List I believe only has Buster Davis as having a Workout or private workout, but he also had a long meeting with the Patriots during the combine, so he should be on there twice.

Cousin Sebman,
Your pretty good at this and I respect your opinion. Washington has no picks until the 5th round after their number one choice at position 6. Knowing how weak this draft is, would you give the Skins our two ones for the number 6 pick and go after Landry? Is he that much better than say a Nelson or Griffin?
I would take a flyer on Taylor. According to DB's who covered him, he was the hardest to cover. That speaks volumes.
DW Toys

Cousin Sebman,
Your pretty good at this and I respect your opinion. Washington has no picks until the 5th round after their number one choice at position 6. Knowing how weak this draft is, would you give the Skins our two ones for the number 6 pick and go after Landry? Is he that much better than say a Nelson or Griffin?
I would take a flyer on Taylor. According to DB's who covered him, he was the hardest to cover. That speaks volumes.
DW Toys

I can answer this. No.

The ability to sign two potential really good players to two cheap five year deals is better than moving up and signing a player in the top 10 for 6 years or so yet pay double what you would pay for two other players.

Landry is good but not so good that you want to give up two other prospects for.

Patriots wont move up that far for Landry if he fell to the teens i would say it is very possible but still a huge doubt.

Cousin Sebman,
DW Toys

I see where you're coming from, and with the Skins having an extremely limited amount of picks you would expect them to pull th trigger on a deal like that, but there are a few things that might get in the way.

The Skins don't seem to value draft picks like other teams, and especially don't seem to value having a lot of draft picks. They choose to build their team through FA instead of the draft. A team like that will value a high first round pick more than two late first round picks. Add the 24th & 28th overall picks being worth only 1,400 points while the 6th pick overall is worth 1,600 points, and I don't see it happening. Even if the Redskins were willing to swing a trade they would probably want NE's third rounder too, which doesn't make sense (since they don't value draft picks), but they would probably ask for it, anyway. Now If they were willing to take just 24 & 28 for their six round pick maybe I would do it, but probably not. I like Landry a lot and think he is the best Safety in this draft, but I am not sure I would give up two first rounders, and the contract a 6th overall draftee receives. NE's two late first should actually combine for a smaller contract than Landry by himself, so NE would also loose cap space and not just two first rounders. So, again I probably wouldn't do it.

Trading 24 & 28 for 16 and 47 is much more reasonable because of this. You would spend more on the 16th overall pick than 24, but the 16th overall pick can be signed to a 6 year contract while 24 can only be signed to a 5 year deal. The 47th pick can only be signed to a 4 year contract, but would cost less to sign than the 28th overall pick, and some of the same talent could be available at 47.

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from, and with the Skins having an extremely limited amount of picks you would expect them to pull th trigger on a deal like that, but there are a few things that might get in the way.

The Skins don't seem to value draft picks like other teams, and especially don't seem to value having a lot of draft picks. They choose to build their team through FA instead of the draft. A team like that will value a high first round pick more than two late first round picks. Add the 24th & 28th overall picks being worth only 1,400 points while the 6th pick overall is worth 1,600 points, and I don't see it happening. Even if the Redskins were willing to swing a trade they would probably want NE's third rounder too, which doesn't make sense (since they don't value draft picks), but they would probably ask for it, anyway. Now If they were willing to take just 24 & 28 for their six round pick maybe I would do it, but probably not. I like Landry a lot and think he is the best Safety in this draft, but I am not sure I would give up two first rounders, and the contract a 6th overall draftee receives. NE's two late first should actually combine for a smaller contract than Landry by himself, so NE would also loose cap space and not just two first rounders. So, again I probably wouldn't do it.

Trading 24 & 28 for 16 and 47 is much more reasonable because of this. You would spend more on the 16th overall pick than 24, but the 16th overall pick can be signed to a 6 year contract while 24 can only be signed to a 5 year deal. The 47th pick can only be signed to a 4 year contract, but would cost less to sign than the 28th overall pick, and some of the same talent could be available at 47.

Cousins SeanBruschi54 and Sebman,
Da salute on your explanations. I see what you mean. I concur.
Thanks
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes