Patriots Draft from my draft board:

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Why not, I'm bored? Keeping the trades intact:

24. Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
(Caveat - If the Patriots already knew they were getting Moss, then Anthony Spencer LB Purdue)

127. Josh Gattis S Wake Forest

171. David Irons CB Auburn

180. Darius Walker RB Notre Dame

202. Ben Patrick TE Delaware

208. DeShawn Wynn RB Florida

209. DeAndre Jackson CB Iowa St

211. Quentin Echols NT Kansas St

247. Jared Zabransky QB Boise St

Top 4 FAs
Brandon Myles WR West Virginia
Quinton Culberson ILB Mississippi St
Gabe Hall OT Texas Tech
Matt Gutierez QB Idaho St

I feel for poor Darius Walker, I saw him play high school ball in Georgia, Buford High School, and I just can't believe everybody passed on him.

The thing about this draft that still bothers me is that the Jets got Revis and Harris. Mangini has gone from being a mere pimple on BB's backside, to an infected pimple on BB's backside.

PS: I never truly believed that Revis had 4.4 type game speed. I just we'll see if I'm right when he lines up across from Moss or Stallworth. Tom Brady may need a telescope to find out where Jets FS Rhodes is lining up; that's how far Rhodes will be from the LOS.

I feel for poor Darius Walker, I saw him play high school ball in Georgia, Buford High School, and I just can't believe everybody passed on him.

The other guy I can't believe nobody took a flier on is Ramonce Taylor. I'm curious to see who picks him up. Definite NFL talent.

You do realize that David Irons is ******ed...

The thing about this draft that still bothers me is that the Jets got Revis and Harris. Mangini has gone from being a mere pimple on BB's backside, to an infected pimple on BB's backside.

PS: I never truly believed that Revis had 4.4 type game speed. I just we'll see if I'm right when he lines up across from Moss or Stallworth. Tom Brady may need a telescope to find out where Jets FS Rhodes is lining up; that's how far Rhodes will be from the LOS.

I'm shocked that anyone here still doubted the aptitude of the current Jets front office. If last year's draft didn't prove it, this year's certainly will. The Jets are here to stay. Granted, they are still a light year beind us, and need another 2 years minimum to catch up, but I am predicting here that the Jets will be our biggest rival in the AFC as the decade turns.

They acquired two cornerstones of their 3-4 defense this draft, after adding a RB who has a good 3-4 years in him. The Jets are no doubt a better team now than in 2006. How many other AFC teams can claim that?

You do realize that David Irons is ******ed...

Not if you mean the clinincal sense of the word. If you mean he appears to be dumb based on his 6 or so on the Wonderlic, then yes. I think cornerback is one spot where you can get away with a blunt knife. Didn't Asante score an 11?

Hey DH, you were 0 for on your drafted players list but you did hit on 1/4 on your UDFA list. How do you feel? :)

Honestly, I wouldn't sweat it though as the winning score for this year's draft was 2 or arguably 1.5 if you deduct for spelling errors. LOL.

Myself, I was pretty sure the Pats would trade down from 28, and mentioned that several times. I also thought it was possible they'd trade out of the 3rd round for future picks although I would have liked to see better compensation than a 7th and future 3rd. Meriweather honestly I knocked down to round 2 because of the character concerns but it looks like the Pats were comfortable enough with him to make him their 1st round selection. For those of you who wanted Meriweather I congratulate you on your foresight.

Last edited:
Hey DH, you were 0 for on your drafted players list but you did hit on 1/4 on your UDFA list. How do you feel? :)

In a word? Humbled. Gutierez was the only name on my 70+ player draft list that got snapped up.

In a word? Humbled. Gutierez was the only name on my 70+ player draft list that got snapped up.
I had to triple your list to get Rogers, Richards, Hairston, Warren, and Gutierrez...we can both be humbled.

I had to triple your list to get Rogers, Richards, Hairston, Warren, and Gutierrez...we can both be humbled.

Frankly from a rocking chair in AZ, you do prettly well with what's available. Maybe you need to hire more candy stripers to do your leg work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes